#21 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

Clan Snow Raven Enclave,
CSR Spaceport,
Strana Mechty,
October 4th, 3052,

Jake waited to make sure he was the last one to leave the transport. Watching carefully to see who turned their back to him as they left. These were subtle signs of trust and weakness or even suspicion and possible betrayal, all one had to do was watch how each person left and their actions to behold their true demeanor.

The Fire Mandrill, so easily predictable and reminding him so much of himself just scant years ago, bounded out the door first, both from his own self worth and to show up the others by his eagerness and veal. However it was quite refreshing to know he never realized he'd turned his back and shown his vitals.

The Goliath Scorpion was next, silent and lithe, her eyes switching back and forth to keep everything she could in frame and context. Both hand on her blades and mask on before she left. She was truly a warrior of both danger and cunning, and he was pretty sure she knew how to use it all when combined with her beauty to a deadly killing combination. The only hind of a weakness her concern for something he couldn't quite see but he was sure was in the direction of the ship.

Next slithered the snakelike Naga amalgamation of Steel Viper's Heroine. He couldn't tell if it was pride or arrogance that guided her, the two being almost indistinguishable from one another at times. Her motions with precise in control, and designed for distraction. If not for the sheer look of hatred in her eyes as she passed and looked around, he'd have thought her a machine. She watched everything around he and took it all in very similar to the scorpion that had proceeded her, but there was disdain and leer that made the veins on her neck bulge with blood barely contained as she looked out upon those gathered outside. She would look back at him from time to time to make sure nothing was out of place nor he any closer, a true sign if mistrust. She'd be very defensive and hard shell to crack.

The lumbering half giant that was the Ghost Bear was out next, stepping off to the side, he seemed all the epitome of his Totem. Strong, steadfast, uncaring, unprepared, but defensive as hell and ready to clobber anyone or anything in a fight. There was the harmonica earlier, though wither it was for his own peace of mind or to try to bring slumber upon others, Jake didn't know. The beast of a man exited like he didn't have a care or enemy in the world, course he also seemed to not have any friends either. The only concern shown was in the placement of where he stood, a good distance from which to watch and set in his proverbial cave.

The Shark was the most troubling as far as he almost refused to leave before Jake, instead hovering, circling, and darting quick looks to and fro. They consider me nervous? he thought and the shark circled closer almost like he was baiting him to leave the ship, Jake set starring as if he were exhausted. "Now Now, Go on master Shark, I shall catch up shortly behind you. I still have my stuff to gather and my head-dress to don. The movements were quick but predictable, movement made him flick and look that direction and shinnies seemed to unnaturally catch his eye.

Jake finally rose, having even waited til the crew left. Gathering his things he half stumbled out of the craft looking exhausted, like he hadn't slept well in days. He even waited and raised his mask and headdress unto his weary head at just past the last second upon leaving the boarding ramp. He waited not for a sign nor salute, but continued onward towards the ship, wondering if here too the Mandrill would race off to be first.

Edited by Oni Storm, 12 October 2012 - 10:28 AM.

#22 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts
  • LocationDr Dude, Dr Mom.

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

CSR Spaceport
Snow Raven Enclave
Strana Mechty
October, 4, 3052
Clan Space

Gregor had been the first out of the APC, and the first and so far only warrior to approach the gaggle of Snow Raven officers which stood at the foot of the boarding ramp for the egg-shaped Union-C dropship. The Star Commodore had his entire command staff with him, or so it seemed at least. A display of respect for the task at hand and a reminder of the considerable amount of resources he had at his disposal. He came to a stop in front of the Star Commodore, and saluted smartly eschewing the traditional Fire Mandrill salute and opting instead for the historic salute of the Star League.

“Star Commodore, Star Captains. I am Gregor Faraday, of Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga” Formalities done with, he removed his mask and placed his hands at his side. “Before your duties steal away your attentions I wanted to acknowledge and praise your Clan’s contribution to our task. With the expertise of the Snow Ravens at our side our success is certainly guaranteed” From the corner of his eye he saw Nova Cat stroll up the ramp and into the ship. He smiled warmly to his new host. “I have little experience with the nature of things that fly, but if any need of me arises aboard your fine vessel I am at your disposal Star Commodore.” His offer was sincere, although the chance of the Ravens calling upon him was slim to none.

A direct decedent, if such a term could apply to a genetically harvested and grown human, of Nathan Faraday who himself had been a warrior and political liaison for the Star League before the exodus Gregor had been taught for a young age that even a small degree of respect or admiration could result in greater returns further down the line. The other warriors present may treat the Snow Ravens as a simple taxi service, but the Mandrill would show the utmost appreciation for their efforts, hopefully turning the ‘impartial’ Star Commodore in his favor. Snapping another quick salute, he followed the rest of the party up the ramp. Quietly plotting a way to secure a private conversation with the Steel Viper Tatianna.

#23 Sparks Murphey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:21 PM

Clan Snow Raven Enclave,
CSR Spaceport,
Strana Mechty,
October 4th, 3052,

"Now Now, Go on master Shark, I shall catch up shortly behind you. I still have my stuff to gather and my head-dress to don.”

Felipe made a brief bow.

“Thank you, Jake Winter. It is a great honour you do me, letting me lead the way while you tarry at the back. I will be sure to let the others know of your willingness to let others enter the fray first.”

He stepped from the APC, a smile on his lips.

#24 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

Clan Snow Raven Enclave,
CSR Spaceport,
Strana Mechty,
October 4th, 3052

Tatianna rolled he shoulders and cracked her neck and stretched her back as she stood there with her fellow pack of dezgra. She tried to act indifferent like she had not a care in the world, but the sight of so many Snow Ravens packed together so close and glowering her way was in itself a sobering sight. It seemed to Tati that they were all glaring her way with barely restrained rage.

They hate me, and they are not even trying to hide it. Rightly so, they have been taught to hate my Clan and everything we stand for, just like I have been taught to hate everything about them.

She wasn't afraid, even the sight of probably the most massive elemental she ever seen didn't panic her. She knew they wouldn't lay a hand on her as long as she was respectful and didn't have any confrontations with them. As much as she hated to admit it, the Snow Ravens were an honorable lot. So with that in mind she stalked off into the Union-C, head held high and back ramrod straight.

#25 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

When Arc got up to the Commodore, he politely asked, "Herr Commodore, would you happen to know if my Great Work got aboard, it has gotten left behind before, despite me asking some of the labor caste to make sure it made it to the dropship. I would rather like to have it on a mission such as this."

#26 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

Clan Snow Raven Enclave,
CSR Spaceport,
Strana Mechty,
October 4th, 3052,

Hadwyn bowed deeply to the assembling warriors, the assembled Raven Star Captains bowing as well, if not as much. "You have my thanks, Mechwarrior Gregor of the Bloodname Faraday, of Kindraa Faraday-Tanaga, of the Clan Fire Mandrill." He ignored the implicit jib that the Ravens personnel could not manage the running of their own vessels and would need the assistance of an untrained outsider, preferring to act as though the Fire Mandrill genuinely wanted to help and retreating into excessive formality. "I am afraid I cannot answer your query, Star Captain Arc of the Clan Ghost Bear, neither I nor any Snow Raven has inspected your personal effects out of respect, but they and your mechs have all been placed aboard the dropship along with a significant store of spare parts from our own stores which may be availed of within reason for repairs for no cost. Our technicians have informed me they can rebuild at least half the mechs you bring at least once."
He turned to gesture to the gathered Snow Raven officers. "As you all seem to be aware, I am Star Commodore Hadwyn Chand of the Clan Snow Raven. These are my officers, Star Captain Thomas Coston, head of shipboard security for both vessels." The elemental nodded, sternfaced but at least trying to look not unfriendly. His stony green eyes gave away his lack of patience however. "Star Captains Amos Tyler and James Kederk, commander of the Windswept Questant and our aerospace binaries respectively. They will ensure the Windswept Questant reaches it's destination once it undocks from the White Lightning." Both Captains nodded impassively to the questers, imitating Coston. "Together with Star Captain Sarah McKenna, commander of Alpha Star, Beta Trinary, 2nd Raven Phalanx of Alpha Galaxy. She will ensure the survival of the Questant while it is on the ground and hold the landing zone pending your return." McKenna also nodded, and Hadwyn could not help but notice that she continued to glare at the assembled questers, her eyes lingering on the Steel Viper. "It is my hope that we will be able to set aside the petty differences of our clans to show the unity that the Great Father intended. Let it be known that any slights or abuse may be reported to myself without any loss of honour so that the issue may be dealt with without causing further discord. Even if the issue is a Snow Raven." He hoped that by acknowledging that his own kin could be the cause of a problem the questers would be more willing to trust him to deal with any disputes, and avoid any bloodshed in the halls. "If there are no questions or commentary, I believe you all have received a full briefing from the ilKhan himself, so you may board the Questant when ready."

Edited by RogueSpear, 20 October 2012 - 06:16 PM.

#27 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:00 PM

Clan Snow Raven Dropship, Questant
CSR Spaceport,
Strana Mechty,
October 4th, 3052,

Jake had stopped just inside the doors of the gangplank, and waited with his heavy burden of air and few possessions propped against the metallic wall. It was there he leaned and waited for the magic words that would make everything alright. Then they appeared on the air bitter sweet.

"If there are no questions or commentary, I believe you all have received a full briefing from the ilKhan himself, so you may board the Questant when ready."

He looked in pressed on forward and tried to find both an aide and his assignment of space. Never turning back to look at the others, he was tired and needed rest both for the body and mind. Spotting a younger looking crewman he asked directions and that the boy take the lead, offering him up a quick "candy bar" from the sphere [note these popular items have become a hit with most of the trading factions and merchant castes] as a bribe, well bargained, for his quick and timely arrival to the quietest of their quarters.

#28 G is for Gamma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 418 posts
  • LocationDr Dude, Dr Mom.

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

Mechwarrior Quarters
Snow Raven Dropship Questant
Edge of the Strana Mechty System
Clan Space.

The Union class dropship was a hold over from the glorious days of the unified Star League, a reminder of the ideals the Greater Founder had hoped to uphold with his creation of the Clans the eggshaped design had been only slightly modified to fit Clan military practices. For all its iconic prestige and nostalgia the ship still suffered from the same claustrophobic conditions that it had been an issue for crews and Mechwarriors since the first of its class left the shipyards in 2708. Forcing a group of rival clanners to share the cramped room seemed almost comedic. Conversation was at a minimum as the warriors went about checking their personal effects, or in Gregor's case stripping out of his dress uniform as quickly as possible. He was still nude when the roar of the dropships engines came to life, slowling lifting the Questant high into orbit were it would be attached to the waiting Snow Raven Warship

Huntress was, assuming the waiting warships was fully charged, less than a day away. If the members of the Task Force didn't manage to kill each other before they reached the Smoke Jaguar home world they might actually succeed in retrieving the bondsman Aryn.

Edited by Gammadin, 20 October 2012 - 09:43 AM.

#29 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:10 AM

Mechwarrior Quarters
Clan Space.

Eh, I got to share room with these surats? Figures. Tati bitterly thought as she settled herself on the bunck with the battered Steel Viper footlocker set before it, trying to get some rest before the cursed SnowRaven dropship reached the slimy Jaguar planet Huntress. Turning over on her side she got a good of Gregor as he stripped down.

Well atleast there is a plesant view...

#30 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

Arc's bunk was on the bottom, as his size made top bunks a hassle to use, even though he could get up there easy. he was just too tall to sit up in them. At least on the bottom bunk he could just roll out of the bed and be on his feet. Arc was one of the last people to arrive in the bunk room set aside for them, as he had confirmed that his Great Work was actually aboard. When he arrived the Mandrill was already naked, and the viper was staring at his junk. ok... Arc thought. Arc checked his footlocker to make sure that all of his other belongs had made the trip as well. Afterwards he took off his mask, as well as his ceremonial bearskin. This left him clad just in a pair of mechwarrior shorts. Arc had brown hair and smokey gray eyes. Standing at 2 meters tall, he was by far larger than any of the other questers. He had a jagged scar going over his left eye (the eye itself looks normal, though it is bionic) to nearly his jaw, a relic of his last bloodright trial. Similarly, though there was fake skin over his left arm to conceal the prosthetic, there was a massive scar stretching from about the middle of the top of his left shoulder, down to the bottom of his breastbone. It almost looked like some creature had attempted to bite his arm off. Arc then rolled into his bed, and stared into the bottom of the bunk above his (no idea who is actually there yet) while lost in thought.

#31 Shadtiger77

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 91 posts
  • LocationChugiak Alaska

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

Shara drifted to the set of bunks the Nova Cat was by. "Top or bottom?" she asked him with a coy grin. The cat was certainly attractive enough to help her relieve the stresses of combat, so she wanted to see what his attitude toward the subject would be. As she did she checked on the twin scorpions in the case that she had acquired for their use. They were still tiny, barely a foot and a half long when stretched out, but they were big enough to produce the poison she needed for the necrosia. It wasn't going to be an easy trip, but with the sacred drink she might be able to help them all through the trials to come if the faithless idiots would shut up long enough to listen to her advice. Her glance at the naked gorilla at the thought brought a raised eyebrow and a grin. She could imagine what it would feel like to bed that one, and chuckled at she turned back. For all his pretty grace, his attitude killed any desires though. Such a shame.

Once she was sure that Zeus and Apollo were secure, she clicked at them quietly and stood, turning to watch the Ghost bear enter. That he wore the hide of one of his clan's namesakes was indeed impressive. The scars that lay under it were more so, and her eyes traveled over them and his well muscled physique with scrutinizing care. For all his attempts at looking calm and care free she approved of the way he moved, his every shift on balance and his muscles rippling with untold power. This was one she would want at her back with the Nova Cat when it came to stepping into the cauldron of war and burning off the dross.

#32 Sparks Murphey

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,953 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:21 AM

Mechwarrior Quarters
Clan Space

The Steel Viper seemed rather interested in the Fire Mandrill, while the Scorpion had eyes for the Ghost Bear. Felipe glanced across at the Nova Cat.

“Sorry, I am not interested,” he said with a grin, “though I assume there are plenty of Snow Raven cabin boys and girls here if you wanted.”

He settled onto his bunk and started browsing through minor news reports from the Inner Sphere. Some of the articles were mind boggling in their barbarity, but it would be useful to re-acclimatise himself to the foreign mindset.

#33 Oni Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:01 AM

"Top or bottom?" she asked him with a coy grin.

Jake looked her over for a second and made her wait in anticipation "Behind." he said matter-of-factly as he fell back onto the lower bunk. "Other than that I prefer the woman on top, where she thinks she has control of it all." his predatory eyes gleamed for a brief second and his face shown with a Cheshire Cat like grin, before he wiggled and snuggled himself into a much more comfortable position.

#34 Shadtiger77

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 91 posts
  • LocationChugiak Alaska

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

Shara let out an earthy chuckle at the Nova Cat's response and then she unwound her face covering and dropped her hood. Her hair as short and neat with the traditional grooves shaved around the back of her head to provide a better contact with the alpha linking gear in her neural helmet, and her pale green eyes almost glowed as she looked down on him, her full lips twitching into a smile. "Perhaps we shall have to enjoy each others company sometime." she husked before she tossed a duty uniform up on her bunk and hopped up after it. Pulling up one foot then the other, she pulled off her armored combat boots, then worked her way out of her dress uniform, folding each piece as she removed it. Being small busted, all she had worn under it was a pair of panties that left little enough to the imagination, but she threw on her uniform tee shirt before she stretched back in her bunk and relaxed.

It was going to be a hellish trip with the various disparate warriors, each with their own traditions, but she went back to the memory of her vision and found solace in the fact she had seen their victory over all the odds and the return to their clans with the victory.

#35 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

[[Yay! I finally got around to posting, sorry for delays. Oh and horrible spelling. Oh and if I forgot any characters I'm sorry let me know and I'll add your animal to the wolverine rat-pack.]]

Stravag, they are everywhere!

Wilson screamed out shortly before his Crossbow disappeared in a violent blue flash as his reactor went critical. Parts of her sibkin's mech pinged against her Black Python which listed heavily to the side as the concussive wave washed over the 75 ton mech. Polarized shielding spared her the worst of the light, yet spots still swam before her eyes. Quickly blinking to get rid of them, she opened her eyes to find herself and her mech slowly sinking down in a pit of boiling mud, lost alone in the Devil's Bath. All around her the blasted ruins of her Galaxy's mechs lied broken and caked with the muddy sludge that made up of the Bath. Fighting desperately to free her mech she succeeded in sinking even deeper in the H3llish muck. Checking her sensors she confirmed her fears that she was the only one still operational. Yet there were no Com Guards? Cycling through her sensor packages confirmed that as well.

"Freebirth!" She cursed as a low rumbling chuckle cracked over the communication lines as the muck before her parted as a King Crab slowly inched out of the mud as she sank ever deeper. As the mud reached the bottom of canopy, the muck sloshed into the cockpit, boiling away her flesh. Her vision tunneled, but despite the pain she looked on at the King Crab defiantly looking death in the eye as it loomed before her. No fire came from the Com Guard though.. the mech instead contorted and bent in impossible ways with fur suddenly erupting from it's ferro-fiberous armor. Two bloodshot eyes skeward her with a fierce glare as the gargantuan wolverine stood before her menacingly. The chuckle continued changing, becoming more inhuman kind of like the whistle of steam escaping from a teakettle mixed with the wailing of tortured babies.

"You really think you can kill me?" The wolverine taunted her before charging forward with bloody red claw raised.

The blow never came though. The Bath erupted with activity as a giant shark jumped literally out of the mud to bite deeply into the feral beast. Seemingly out of thin air a Goliath Scorpion dropped down upon the creatures back, locking on with it's pincers and unrelentingly stinging away. Out of the mech graveyard sprung a coyote and and nova cat to *** away at the monster's upraised arm. From the blackened skies a raven swooped down to claw at the wolverine's eyes as a pilliar of granite exploded as a mammoth Ghost bear jumped at the beast, proceeding to maul it as a Mandrill rushed forward to pound away at the wailing creature.

Tatianna screamed out triumphantly as darkness overcame her.

With a start she woke. Sweaty and p!ssed she hopped out of her bunk to find her fellow dezgra asleep or at least acting like it. Squinting her eyes she looked at the others in varying degrees of disgust. She wasn't a Nova Cat or Goliath Scorpion mystic, but even she wouldn't argue the wisdom of them having to work together to accomplish this goal of ridding the Universe of the Hallis blight. Sneering she stripped off her ceremonial mask, tossing it upon her thrashed bunk shortly before adding her dress uniform. She then stormed off to the showers.
--------------------------------------
Two hours later, a cleaner, sexually sated (poor unfortunate Snow Raven technician) Tatianna was back among her fellow dezgra. Clad in a Steel Viper field uniform, sharping a kukri against a whetstone. Emerald eyes burning intensely, her jet black hair pulled back in an extreme ponytail. Her yellowish/olive skin and exotic look hinting at maybe a Siberian linage.

[[Funny thing, I had a work assignment where I reported to a chick named Tatiana when I was thinking about what Tati should look like. Awesome job assignment, lots of Euro girls.]]

Edited by Thom Frankfurt, 07 November 2012 - 11:00 AM.

#36 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

Arc didn't sleep for very long that night, instead he went down to the mechbay to start the next chapter on his mountain of the end. a large wooden carving that represented his path through life. outwardly it greatly resembled the mountains of arcadia, the planet Arc grew up on, and the homeworld of the Ghost Bears. Arc spent 20 years there training to become a warrior, as well undertook, and succeeded in, his clawing there. Arc had spent nearly 15 years carving this mountain out of a tree from Arcadia. As an additional reminder, a staff had been placed on a path up the mountain for every foe Arc had vanquished along the path that had been worthy of Arc's respect. All of the slots on the path so far except for one had been filled. That slot belonged to Bjorn Jorgensson. Arc's final opponent in his last bloodname contest, and the ultimate victor. Arc knew that the previous section was finished, and it was time to move on to the next chapter.

He had spent most of the night carving out the basic contours of the mountain. But then he saw something unusual. The viper came into the mechbay, looking freshly showered, walked up to a snow raven technician, and then proceeded to drag him behind the Nova cat's mech, where a constant stream of curses, rather bloody threats, and the sound of flesh slapping together. All Arc could think was, poor snow raven technician, he did not deserve such a fate. Then the viper walked out from behind the mech still pulling her pants up, and then left the mechbay.

Edited by dal10, 20 November 2012 - 02:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users