Peripherals and "How SIM will this be"

6 replies to this topic

#1 Bogusheadbox

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:17 AM

With the hints that this will be more SIM like and less gamey as per the previous titles.

My biggest question is, what peripherals will be supported.

They did mention the possability of controllers (and i seriously hope that joysticks are supported as a HOTAS would feel immersive.)

But how about items such as track IR
Clickable cockpits?
Will it be in cockpit views only (i was never a fan of 3rd person view in mechwarrior)
Well there be ability to export game information for pit builders ?

Will battles be on limited sized maps with spawn in points or are maps going to be more realistic sized with battle lines moving forward and backward with captured terrotory/towns?
Will we have resource requirements from captured territory
Will we have the need for supply lines?

And the last big question...

Is this game going to resemble a big mech sim in vast areas or is it still going to be quake online with a few more tricks here and there?

Edited by Bogusheadbox, 02 November 2011 - 10:21 AM.

#2 Barantor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:18 AM

Track IR would be cool, but I hope it doesn't become so complex with the controls that it alienates folks that would play it otherwise.

#3 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:24 AM

View PostBogusheadbox, on 02 November 2011 - 10:17 AM, said:

Is this game going to resemble a big mech sim in vast areas or is it still going to be quake online with a few more tricks here and there?

I hope not. Even the 4th game was nice, complex, yet rewarding. As an example: you aim by one set of buttons, control torso by the second, legs by the third and the speed is set by the fourth set by meaning less and more, not go and stop. You had different options to fire too, like fire only this, or fire that, you hit all three and you fire everything,... So yes its probably not going to be Quake with some tweaks.

#4 Bogusheadbox

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:40 AM

Just realised another thread with a lot of the questions i posed already asked.

#5 UltraMagnus

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:55 AM

View PostBogusheadbox, on 02 November 2011 - 10:40 AM, said:

Just realised another thread with a lot of the questions i posed already asked.

What post? I'd like to see that one.

If I was designing this game, I'd make sure there was an "arcade" option, so you could get more players interested. If you have never tried mechwarrior, it could be very hard for beginners. But I bet the developers are aware of this :)
Also 3rd eye view is important to make sure the player has good viewing control.

#6 REDSLATE

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:09 AM

"Q. Will MechWarrior have support for custom mapping joysticks/other input devices? (multiple device support?)
A. We have partnered with some of the industry’s biggest hardware manufacturers and will be doing our best to support all types of joysticks and flight systems."

#7 CyBerkut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationSomewhere north of St. Petersburg

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:29 PM

View PostUltraMagnus, on 02 November 2011 - 10:55 AM, said:

What post? I'd like to see that one.

If I was designing this game, I'd make sure there was an "arcade" option, so you could get more players interested. If you have never tried mechwarrior, it could be very hard for beginners. But I bet the developers are aware of this :)
Also 3rd eye view is important to make sure the player has good viewing control.

A way to have a fairly simple control setup could be good for the beginners, as long as it's use does not confer some sort of tactical advantage.

3rd person view should not be included. It let's the pilot see over things (ie. ridges) that can't be seen from the in-cockpit (1st person) view. That is a tactical advantage and screws up[ the game. Besides, they are adding spy drones, or somesuch, and that should be encouraged instead of a 3rd person view that doesn't involve having to deploy an asset.

Edited by CyBerkut, 03 November 2011 - 05:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users