My little buddy (hover tanks and aero fighters)

No replies to this topic

#1 Stardancer01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 353 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

I have noticed in many games you can have a little buddy follow you around like a Pet (world of warcraft), Droid (the old republic), Luggage (disk world)…
I wander if it could be done for MWO?
How about a hover tank or aero fighter for small mechs and hover tank for medium mechs. They are a fun part of the battle tech universe and small and medium mechs can be regarded as their command vehicles. Heavy and Assault mechs being not agile or sure footed enough not to step on their little buddies.
This would give small & medium mechs a little extra fire power or ability to influence people to choose to use them over the heavies.  
Little buddies could be treated the same as complex equipment in WOT or have their own support bays.
New models and weapons could also be researched and configured to your wants.
If MWO gets its own single or coop campaign, hover tanks, aero fighters, hovercraft, bombers, turrets, small clan battle suites… will need to be developed anyway as cannon fodder.
A mini game could also be possible.
To avoid game problems they should be ‘move through’ by allies, tramp and squish by enemies and they could fire at your target or auto fire.
Your little buddy should unpack form drop pod or swoop from the stratosphere when you re/spun in and self-destruct or sky jump when you are killed.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users