So this "Skin" from PC Gamer..

43 replies to this topic

#21 Eiki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 262 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

I think they show it on an Atlas because it is sort of the iconic mech of MWO.

#22 Pendraco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 469 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:33 AM

View PostOnyx Rain, on 09 October 2012 - 11:26 AM, said:

pg 98 I think? You have to go to a website...one that isn't working yet to get the code, then another to use it...which might also not be up/working yet. Content delivery isn't till the 16th if I remember right. They are working out the issues though.

Thanks! I got it through my kindle app on my cell phone. It would take forever to swipe through the entire magazine on that tiny screen!

Edit: Found it! one of the 5 articles in the "Hard Stuff" section.

Edited by Pendraco, 09 October 2012 - 11:39 AM.

#23 Atlessa

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

View PostAtlessa, on 09 October 2012 - 06:56 AM, said:

So what about non-US players?
Do we not get that epic coconut monkey? ;)

And the skin?

*sadgerman*

View PostRedshift2k5, on 09 October 2012 - 07:10 AM, said:

That's up to PC Gamer

Uhh... I wasn't aware the PC Gamer is distributed in germany... so how is it up to them?

And the google apps thing "is not available in [my] country yet"

*even more sad german*

#24 Canned_Dman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

I have the bobble head working fine in my cat but the camo skin isn't anywhere to be found...
Any ideas why?
I have checked all 4 founders mechs to make sure I haven't accidentally applied it without my own knowledge...

#25 Norris J Packard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

View PostDev909, on 29 October 2012 - 09:41 PM, said:

I have the bobble head working fine in my cat but the camo skin isn't anywhere to be found...
Any ideas why?
I have checked all 4 founders mechs to make sure I haven't accidentally applied it without my own knowledge...

It cannot be applied to Founders or Hero Mechs.

Nor can it be applied to any Mech that wasn't one of the original eight.

#26 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

The page to use the code doesn't work right now either.

#27 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

Oh it's like Pokemon, gotta catch'em all! I'm getting the issue just for the skin, I plan to have as many as possible.

#28 Canned_Dman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

View PostNorris J Packard, on 29 October 2012 - 09:43 PM, said:

It cannot be applied to Founders or Hero Mechs.

Nor can it be applied to any Mech that wasn't one of the original eight.

Thank you sir!

#29 minuz

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:35 AM

I applied the pc gamer "skin" or "pattern mode" on my catapults.
But strangely, I can't apply it on my Ravens. It seems once it is
used on a mech chassis we can only use it for that mech type,
which is very unfortunate. Unless I made a mistake.
...did the Raven belong to the original eigth mech chassis?

#30 Dale

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:42 AM

View Postminuz, on 06 March 2013 - 12:35 AM, said:

I applied the pc gamer "skin" or "pattern mode" on my catapults.
But strangely, I can't apply it on my Ravens. It seems once it is
used on a mech chassis we can only use it for that mech type,
which is very unfortunate. Unless I made a mistake.
...did the Raven belong to the original eigth mech chassis?

It did not. The PC Gamer skin can only be applied to the Jenner, Commando, Hunchback, Centurion, Dragon, Catapult, Atlas, and Awesome.

And before anyone decries minuz for the necro, at least he used the search function and found a thread that was related to his question.

#31 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:57 AM

View PostDale, on 06 March 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

It did not. The PC Gamer skin can only be applied to the Jenner, Commando, Hunchback, Centurion, Dragon, Catapult, Atlas, and Awesome.

And before anyone decries minuz for the necro, at least he used the search function and found a thread that was related to his question.

True about the actual skin being limited to those Mechs, but the three colors from the skin can be applied to any Mech. Good work on the search, better than clogging up the forum with another thread!

#32 Ewigan

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:02 AM

yep, and PC Gamer Black is awesome ;)

#33 FromHell2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 734 posts
  • LocationGerm0ney

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:12 AM

Actualy you can buy them on eBay xD

http://www.ebay.de/i...=item3a7ef24cfa

#34 vrok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:18 AM

View PostFromHell2k, on 06 March 2013 - 01:12 AM, said:

Actualy you can buy them on eBay xD

http://www.ebay.de/i...=item3a7ef24cfa

Why would anyone buy them on Ebay when you can unlock them for free? Just requires some googling.

Edited by vrok, 06 March 2013 - 01:19 AM.

#35 FromHell2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 734 posts
  • LocationGerm0ney

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:37 AM

View Postvrok, on 06 March 2013 - 01:18 AM, said:

Why would anyone buy them on Ebay when you can unlock them for free? Just requires some googling.

Cause stupidity is a source of cash

#36 Captain Midnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:30 AM

Okay, I can confirm some details on the skin. I am a skin-holder and I was also extremely curious about what you got by buying...

-You get a coconut monkey (ONLY ONE) that can me moved from mech to mech at will, you only get one but you can move it freely.

-You get a pattern "PC Gamer Skin" or somesuch under a tab called "special" on the mech camo pattern select screen. This pattern may ONLY be applied (although it's applications are unlimited within the limitations) to the first 8 mechs released. This means Atlas, Awesome, Catapult, Dragon, Hunchback, Centurion, Jenner, Commando. NO OTHER MECH MAY USE THIS SKIN, PERIOD.

-The skin may be applied, taken off, re-applied, whatever. You can apply it to multiple mechs at once, you could have EVERY VARIANT of the 8 mechs I listed above camo'd, or not camo'd, at your leisure.

ED: As to why someone might be "stupid" enough to buy a PC Gamer magazine, well the only reason this promotion exists is because I was dumb enough to support a publication I loved. I, and those like me, gave PC Gamer enough money to get a publicity deal with IGP. If you can't afford to contribute then I don't care and I hope you get your skin for free... But if you are some jerk who thinks things like this will happen whether they pay or not? well I hope you have a lot of minor but bad things happen to you. I hope your spark plugs wear out a year early because "who cares, they'll keep making 'em". I hope your electrical appliances are shortlived. I hope the caulk in your bathroom was applied loosely.

Everything that is excellent because of the small details depends on talented people keeping up the quality. I don't care if your talent is landscaping, money is talent incarnate, money makes it all possible. Put your money behind stuff like PC Gamer and you'll get awesome skins in future games.

Decide, arrogantly, that it doesn't matter and watch cool promotions fly away like so many blossoms on the breeze.

Edited by Captain Midnight, 06 March 2013 - 02:34 AM.

#37 AlexEss

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:45 AM

Well afaik it was a US only promotion so the rest of the regions getting the PCGamer did not get this promotion and thus either had to

A: "cheat" the system and get it for free.
B. Buy a extra magazine form the US
C: be lucky enough to live in a region that could buy the US issue digitally This would save on shipping but still force them to buy a extra copy of the magazine.

So for many it was not an option.

#38 FromHell2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 734 posts
  • LocationGerm0ney

Posted 06 March 2013 - 03:30 AM

View PostCaptain Midnight, on 06 March 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

Okay, I can confirm some details on the skin. I am a skin-holder and I was also extremely curious about what you got by buying...

-You get a coconut monkey (ONLY ONE) that can me moved from mech to mech at will, you only get one but you can move it freely.

-You get a pattern "PC Gamer Skin" or somesuch under a tab called "special" on the mech camo pattern select screen. This pattern may ONLY be applied (although it's applications are unlimited within the limitations) to the first 8 mechs released. This means Atlas, Awesome, Catapult, Dragon, Hunchback, Centurion, Jenner, Commando. NO OTHER MECH MAY USE THIS SKIN, PERIOD.

-The skin may be applied, taken off, re-applied, whatever. You can apply it to multiple mechs at once, you could have EVERY VARIANT of the 8 mechs I listed above camo'd, or not camo'd, at your leisure.

ED: As to why someone might be "stupid" enough to buy a PC Gamer magazine, well the only reason this promotion exists is because I was dumb enough to support a publication I loved. I, and those like me, gave PC Gamer enough money to get a publicity deal with IGP. If you can't afford to contribute then I don't care and I hope you get your skin for free... But if you are some jerk who thinks things like this will happen whether they pay or not? well I hope you have a lot of minor but bad things happen to you. I hope your spark plugs wear out a year early because "who cares, they'll keep making 'em". I hope your electrical appliances are shortlived. I hope the caulk in your bathroom was applied loosely.

Everything that is excellent because of the small details depends on talented people keeping up the quality. I don't care if your talent is landscaping, money is talent incarnate, money makes it all possible. Put your money behind stuff like PC Gamer and you'll get awesome skins in future games.

Decide, arrogantly, that it doesn't matter and watch cool promotions fly away like so many blossoms on the breeze.

Well, this post seems like an answer to mine. On eBay, you're not buying the Magazin or something like that. You're able to buy some scamed promotion-codes, lol.

#39 Dasein

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:07 AM

I get my code redeemed yesterday but no camo skin or new colors even a coconut monkey didn't appear. And i own HBKs. So what is a problem?

Re-installing the game didn't help.

Should i wait for next maintenance or server restart? Or this promotion is not working anymore?

Edited by Dasein, 17 March 2013 - 12:13 PM.

#40 Dasein

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

Up

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users