Real Time?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Marmar

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:34 AM

I saw in a review, that game time is going to be considered real time, in that 1 day of real time is equal to 1 day of game time. If that's the case, how will interstellar travel be handled? as I recall, travel between systems could take months. Or, will each server be considered a different planet, with no travel between them?

#2 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts
  • LocationGermany/Bavaria

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:37 AM

Read about the "real time" idea aswell. Though I can´t imagine that travel time will be in realtime aswell if its even in the game. But a nice thought... who knows whats to come with the idea of real time. :)

#3 Deaths Touch

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 32 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:38 AM

I think the 'real time' aspect of the game will be just the events of the universe like the beginning of the clan invasion for instance would be X number of days after the launch of the game. I don't think Piranha will enforce some time penalties for changing systems because that will hurt gameplay. Granted this is all speculation, I could be totally wrong.

#4 Valerian Mengsk

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:40 AM

I think we will progress through the battletech storyline in real time but travel and some other actions that take time in real life would be instant.

Looks like Deaths Touch had the same thought.

Edited by Valerian Mengsk, 02 November 2011 - 11:41 AM.

#5 Cora

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:41 AM

I'm hoping that this only means the published historical timeline of battletech, not actual field actions of travel.

Imagine having to wait 45 minutes for the enemy to reach you from where their drop ship landed. Or having to wait three weeks after a victory to get to the next troubled world.

#6 Chris Fetladral

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:06 PM

I've been thinking that 'Real Time' would be similar to the system used in ChromeHounds, where's battles will be fought and territory taken even if you aren't online.

#7 CobraFive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationAZ, USA

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:07 PM

They just mean the storyline is in real time.

#8 Skoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 994 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 12:35 PM

It'd suck to go on a three day bender, then wake up from an alcoholic coma to having missed the war.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users