Steam Gaming Network for House Davion?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Serpentine

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationA station near the planet Rochester, former site of O'Shaugnessy Base for Armageddon Unlimited.

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:46 AM

I'm a relatively new user, yet I have played MechWarrior since 4th Grade.

I decided to pledge my loyalty to the House Davion... as I was browsing through the forums, I noticed all the different squads, regiments, and groups used programs like GameRanger. It isn't a very popular software among some younger BattleTech fans like me.

So.. what about Steam? You could implement Groups, schedule events, and browse the Steam Community in-game.

I was thinking that we could use Steam for Merc Groups, and Regiments to schedule training sessions and other on MW4.

#2 Barantor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:57 AM

Gameranger isn't like steam, just a way to play MW4:Mercs without having to adjust ports automatically and give access to those folks that cannot adjust their ports (folks in college can't usually change router settings in a dorm). This allows them to play the game.

I would suggest going to...
http://housedavion.o...phpbb/index.php

Since that seems to be the place that anyone interested in this game is going that is devoted to Davion. I wish there was more activity there, but it seems like folks are content to wait presently till we find out more about the game and what we can expect. I'm not opposed to the Steam group (I actually hope MWO releases on steam) but it has limited usage by folks that play MW4.

#3 Serpentine

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationA station near the planet Rochester, former site of O'Shaugnessy Base for Armageddon Unlimited.

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:45 AM

Well... I started one anyway. Steam URL: http://steamcommunit...edsunsmwomercs/

Feel free to join... I'll schedule events for any Lances/Regiments if anyone PMs me.

#4 Claw55

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationPlanet Robinson, Draconis March

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

Can't belive I haven't seen this yet... I'll go share this with my unit!

#5 SirDenOfYork

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationSneads Ferry, North Carolina,U.S.A.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:50 AM

I also would like to see it released on Steam,i think it would make alot of things easier as a group... :ph34r:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users