• The Spear
  • 404 posts
  • LocationNova Roma, Alphard

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:38 AM

Posted Image
Davion Heavy Guard
Strength of the Davions
Official Website

This RCT is composed of heavy ‘Mechs, fighters, and vehicles, while its support is mostly jump infantry. The combination provides for unique strategies, a supposed Davion trait. The RCT patch shows a grinning fox.

Davion Heavy Guards is dedicated to preserving the security, freedom, and interests of House Davion and the Federated Suns. We will fight any foe whether it be Clan, Successor State, Jihadist, Periphery, Bandit, or rogue agents within. We will emerge victorious. We are the Strength of the Davions!

Main Location: North America
Interest in Recruits Overseas: Yes
Focus in Activities: Casually Competitive with League Interest
If Competitive: Planetary
Main Language: English
Voice Server: Officially None, de Facto Ventrilo (Legends, Tae's personal server, and Cav's MMO guild's server) and Teamspeak (Outreach)
Web Address: http://davionheavyguards.shivtr.com/
Point of Contact: Colonel Taemien "Parias"
How to Contact: PM on MWO Forums or on DHG site.

If you were apart of the DHG from either MechWarrior 3: Pirates Moon, MechCommander, or any of the iterations of MechWarrior 4, please register immediately! Hoping to draw attention from some of the original members and catch up after all this time.

Overview of the Regiment

This RCT is composed of heavy ‘Mechs, fighters, and vehicles, while its support is mostly jump infantry. The combination provides for unique strategies, a supposed Davion trait. The RCT patch shows a grinning fox.
-House Davion: The Federated Suns

Known as the Strength of the Davions, the DHG have played a number of key roles throughout the history of the Federated Sun. They helped assault and take the Planet of Styk from the Cappellan Confederation during the Fourth Succession War. In Operation Bulldog, alongside the 10th Lyran Guards, they forced the Smoke Jaguar forces from the planet of Schuyler. And finally during the Fed-Com Civil war they helped removed Kathrine Steiner-Davion from power during the Second Battle of New Avalon.

The RCT favors Heavy class BattleMechs, OmniMechs, Vehicles, Fighters, and Infantry that are highly mobile. This allows them to flank their opponents and hit them hard where they least expect it, or where they are their weakest.

As with the rest of the Brigade of Guards (Assault, Heavy, and Light), the Davion Heavy Guards displays Red, White, and Blue (the colors of the Davion Family) as their parade colors. Their RCT patch is a Davion Sunburst depicting a Grinning Fox, giving homage to the former First Prince Hanse Davion.

As an online group, the Davion Heavy Guards were formed by Mastrre and others in 1999 to be a Davion themed unit in MechWarrior 3:Pirate's Moon. It quickly became a dominant force within the MSN Gaming Zone's MW3:PM lobby.

Not long after it had two subunits, FOX, and MC. FOX was originally maintained by ReaperX and functioned as a BattleArmor unit in Pirate's Moon. MC was formed by Chutley and comprised of MechCommanders that quickly dominated the MSN Zone's presence of MechCommander and MechCommander Gold.

Later the subunits merged into the regular MechWarrior Unit after the move to MechWarrior 4. There they participated in numerous Planetary and Ladder based leagues. Always having high rankings and degrees of conquest.

The unit as a whole has faded as the members all went their separate ways. However the bond remains, and this new group is a beacon to members of old and new alike. The Strength of the Davions is eternal, and as is the friendships formed in the past.

UPDATE 14 JUL 2012: It looks like the DHG website posted above is no longer active and I haven't heard from Taemien (Parias) in awhile. I've been running an MMO/gaming guild called the "47th Legion" for five or six years now so if you'd like to stay in touch I recommend you head over to the 47th's website and register there. It's not going anywhere, trust me.

Edited by Cavadus, 14 July 2012 - 12:40 AM.

#2 SLUGGO

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Locationnewport news va

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:49 PM

sluggo here from mercs day

#3 Taemien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

View PostCavadus, on 02 November 2011 - 11:38 AM, said:

Yo DHG, this is Mastrre.  It's been awhile and I'm currently commanding officer of an MMO outfit called the "47th Republic Expeditionary Force" [link is in the sig] but I figured I'd throw up this post and see who comes around.

Feel free to register over on the 47th forums.  If there's enough interest I'll eventually setup some boards for MWO.
Mastree, you're too **** slow! I beat ya to it: http://davionheavygu...shivtr.com/This is Parias.. where the heck have ya been? I think you changed email addy's on me. I've gotten in touch with Rogue Angel over on MWLL, he's the Public Relations Manager. Didn't take long with his webmastering skills. Suprised I haven't seen you in MWLL. Ran into Reaperx a few months back, but he kinda disappeared. Also Striker has been around here and there.Haven't seen many others lately though. Hopefully we can get their attention all in one spot.

#4 Gaius Cavadus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 404 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:27 PM

View PostTaemien, on 04 November 2011 - 04:11 PM, said:

Mastree, you're too **** slow! I beat ya to it: http://davionheavygu...shivtr.com/This is Parias.. where the heck have ya been? I think you changed email addy's on me. I've gotten in touch with Rogue Angel over on MWLL, he's the Public Relations Manager. Didn't take long with his webmastering skills. Suprised I haven't seen you in MWLL. Ran into Reaperx a few months back, but he kinda disappeared. Also Striker has been around here and there.Haven't seen many others lately though. Hopefully we can get their attention all in one spot.

Striker played Earthrise with us for a few months earlier this year though last I heard he was in the phillippines or some such. Haven't heard from him in a while.

Anyways, good to see ya I'm registered over here :)

#5 Taemien

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:19 AM

I've just got to get the site I made a few weeks ago retooled. Decided to setup DHG as a casual unit to work with others in MWLL planetary leagues. But those aren't taking off, and it looks like we might be able to resurface with MWO, we might just be able to stand up again as a proper *** kicking unit. Rather then piggy backing on larger units.

Now I've just got to see if I can find Champion and a few other good people again. I'll see what I can do. Either way, the Cappallens and Dracs are in for some serious trouble.

#6 Gaius Cavadus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:35 AM

Alright, I updated the OP with a more proper treatment. Let's see who shows up :)

#7 Zerokei

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 22 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:22 PM

I played for DHG in MC Gold and MC 2. I played with someone from DHG until it was only 2 of us left on MC2. lol What's up :)

#8 Taemien

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:06 PM

Sites updated with the new information.

If any of you know anyone that hasn't stopped in yet, send them the word!

#9 Michael Ryan

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:31 AM

NO FREAKING WAY! This is making my day. DHG_FOX_MichaelRyan checking in! I was an Elemental Pilot back in MW3PM with Parias. My mind is just blown away right now...

#10 Michael Ryan

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:49 AM

You can currently find me in World of Tanks under the tag HanseDavion. Also in EVE online under Basil Wencislas in the corporation Limited Infinity, part of the Bloodbound Alliance. Looking forward to hearing from you all again. I posted on the website as well.

#11 SLUGGO

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Locationnewport news va

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:55 AM

hi all still waiting for this to open up seeing alot of old members in forums welome all.

#12 Axen Marik

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 60 posts
  • LocationFlagship Outbound Light III, coordinates classified

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

View PostTaemien, on 07 November 2011 - 05:19 AM, said:

Now I've just got to see if I can find Champion and a few other good people again. I'll see what I can do. Either way, the Cappallens and Dracs are in for some serious trouble.

Champ still plays WoW on the Alleria server, and I'm not sure if his brother (RedCougar) is still playing. He last played with us in FWL in NBTHC. If you guys come up short on pilots FWL from NBT mercs and HC has reformed the Red Legion, Our roster is up over 20 at the moment and we'd always welcome old friends from DHG.

#13 Lord Cal

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 7 posts
  • LocationMini Soda

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

Yo o/. So random googling of stuff from the past brought me to this. So I think, "It cant possibly be the same people from back in MW3 PM". To my amazement it is. Holy friggin crap, this just made my day. Back in Pirates Moon I ran with the name Talon Karrde. Ussualy ran a Shadow Cat spouting 9 er med lasers and on IS week Champion spouting 9 med lasers. Those where the days. I remember someone by the name Masakari training me and then I went in for the test to see if I can join and if I remember right it was pretty hard (if i remember correctly me vs other DHG units and getting a certain kill count wich was high before the end). I don't remember ever loosing a single leage game by the time I joined(and that no one wanted to play against us either). Well, can't think of anything else to ramble on about but this has gotten me pretty stoked.

#14 Gaius Cavadus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 404 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:42 AM

Good to see ya onboard, Cal.

I updated the OP with some more info but I'll post it here as well.

It looks like the DHG website posted above is no longer active and I haven't heard from Taemien (Parias) in awhile. I've been running an MMO/gaming guild called the "47th Legion" for five or six years now so if you'd like to stay in touch I recommend you head over to the 47th's website and register there. It's not going anywhere, trust me.

#15 SirWilmFred

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

Hailz all MSN Gaming Zone vets! DHG_SirWilmFred here from early PM days. I think I recognize some of these names. Where is Viktor/Mastrre/etc ?

#16 Gaius Cavadus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 404 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:12 PM

This is Mastrre. Just wanted to throw it out there that the 47th Legion is currently dropping in MWO for Marik.

See: http://47th.info

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users