FRR Information

20 replies to this topic

#1 Dihm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:55 AM

Some information for those who aren't overly familiar with the Free Rasalhague Republic, thanks to sarna.net

The Free Rasalhague Republic was a nation born in the wake of the Fourth Succession War, which enjoyed less than two decades of independence before being almost totally overrun by the invasion of the Clans.
In 2330, House Kurita's expansionist Draconis Combine invaded the Principality of Rasalhague, subduing it only after more than three decades of guerrilla war. The Rasalhague Military District remained the most restive province of the Combine, as its original Scandinavian inhabitants resisted assimilation into the Japanese-dominated culture of their Kuritan conquerors. In 3004, a Rasalhagian bodyguard assassinated Coordinator Hohiro Kurita. During the Fourth Succession War, many Rasalhagians greeted the Lyran Commonwealth troops as liberators and helped them to capture many Rasalhague worlds before the war's end in 3030. However, Lyran Duke Selvin Kelswa wanted to retain the conquered planets in his Tamar Pact, and his heavy-handed treatment of their people thoroughly alienated them.
As part of Operation Rosebud, Primus Myndo Waterly of ComStar convinced Theodore Kurita of the advantages of granting Rasalhague independence. It would relieve the Combine of its most rebellious citizens, create a buffer state on the border with the Commonwealth, pressure the Lyrans to disgorge their Rasalhagian conquests to the new republic, and perhaps inspire secessionists in the Lyran Isle of Skye. She also promised him military equipment from ComStar's secret stocks in exchange.
Rasalhague's proclamation of independence on March 13, 3034 was quickly recognized by ComStar and the Draconis Combine. Some Kuritan troops refused to obey Theodore's orders, but he crushed them in the Ronin War. As foreseen by Waterly, Lyran ruler Katrina Steiner turned over captured Rasalhague planets to the Free Rasalhague Republic (FRR). The new state sought to appease both the Commonwealth and the Combine through scrupulous neutrality, even adopting a policy of equal trade.
However, the gravest threat to Free Rasalhague's precarious independence would come not from these two great powers, but the unexpected Clan invasion of the Inner Sphere. Most of the FRR was overrun by Clan Wolf and Clan Ghost Bear, before the Clan advance was halted in 3052 by the intervention of the ComGuards. The rump state that survived became a virtual protectorate of ComStar.
Meanwhile, the Ghost Bears pursued good relations with their subjects, creating the Ghost Bear Dominion. In 3103, the holdout Free Rasalhague Republic merged with the Ghost Bears to form the Rasalhague Dominion.

http://www.sarna.net...lhague_Republic

#2 godmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 160 posts
  • LocationFinland/Sweden

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:58 AM

we never lost, we just moved on :)

#3 Grimm Wulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationKristianstad, Sweden

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:31 PM

Indeed. Making the most of a situation is all that one can do. :)

#4 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:52 PM

View Postgodmonkey, on 02 November 2011 - 11:58 AM, said:

we never lost, we just moved on :)

I think that's what the French said after WWII :D

#5 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:03 AM

Pff, I'm surprised you weren't destroyed in the Ronin Wars like the rest of the 22nd RR vermin! :)

#6 Kargush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 973 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:18 AM

If you can get it, the Field Manual: Comstar has lots of info on the FRR, along with nice art.

#7 Argatson Krieghammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 132 posts
  • LocationNot hiding in your closet

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:58 AM

View PostPaladin Brewer, on 02 November 2011 - 01:52 PM, said:

I think that's what the French said after WWII :)

You mean when they were liberated/ after Germany surrendered? Because I think what they said was more along the lines of "GET THE *****ING ***** ********* ******************* ******************************************** OUT OF OUR COUNTRY YOU DEUTSCHBAG ********************************************** *************************************************************************** ************************* ********************* *********************************************** ******************************* ********************** ************** ********** ************ *********

Edited by argatson krieghammer, 03 November 2011 - 10:58 AM.

#8 Jacob

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:01 AM

View Postargatson krieghammer, on 03 November 2011 - 10:58 AM, said:

You mean when they were liberated/ after Germany surrendered? Because I think what they said was more along the lines of "GET THE *****ING ***** ********* ******************* ******************************************** OUT OF OUR COUNTRY YOU DEUTSCHBAG ********************************************** *************************************************************************** ************************* ********************* *********************************************** ******************************* ********************** ************** ********** ************ *********

That sounds like genuine french.
On the other note will there be possibility for joining original regiments or are we stuck with just merc corps?

#9 godmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 160 posts
  • LocationFinland/Sweden

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:02 AM

i think we are unfortunately going to be stuck with merc corps...

#10 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:37 AM

We could always make the Merc Corps named after the regiment. 3rd Drakon, 1st Freemen, 2nd Hussars, 3rd Kavalleri, etc. That was my plan anyway, and I believe a lot of other Houses have the same thought.

I'm hoping we can set up a site where all those units can congregate (the "KungsArme" essentially), each unit would have a separate section, general section, officers section (if we want to get crazy and have a hierarchy above the individual merc corps).

#11 Jacob

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:39 AM

count me in

#12 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:10 PM

Another thought I had:

Carry over the democratic nature of the FRR. If we need an overall leader, either the unit commanders all gather to vote, or we open it up to everyone to elect someone for a 3 month term or something.

#13 flessar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 175 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:23 PM

View PostDihm, on 04 November 2011 - 12:10 PM, said:

Another thought I had:

Carry over the democratic nature of the FRR. If we need an overall leader, either the unit commanders all gather to vote, or we open it up to everyone to elect someone for a 3 month term or something.

Probably the Lance/Company Commanders should do that, since most of us grunts will just pick who wins the popularity contest and not the one with actual skill/diplomatic ability.

#14 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:31 PM

It is incumbent upon all free Rashlagians to be informed about their political system! These are the rights we fought and died for for centuries. :)

#15 Kargush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 973 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:44 PM

View PostDihm, on 04 November 2011 - 12:10 PM, said:

Another thought I had:

A military cannot function as a democracy. Were we talking government power I'd be all for it.

That being said, letting the lance commanders vote in an overall commander who has a set limit to how long he can hold reigns might work.

#16 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:03 PM

Yep, that's pretty much all I was referring to. Who knows, it may be more of a ceremonial position anyway.

#17 Dihm

• 3,312 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

Begun work trying to organize a site and forum structure that would be a home for the KungsArme and any merc unit that didn't feel like making their own website/forum. Each unit would have its own forum section with moderators and a unit page for information and application. I'd like to have links to all the other units of the FRR that have their own site too.

#18 Saevus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • LocationRight side of Upside down

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:52 AM

Interesting thought, will which house you pick have a direct impact on available mechs? I haven't read much of what the devs are saying yet because frankly its early, they have a lot of work to do and I expect things to change 47 times between now and when we get to play, but I was digging through the master unit list putting together spreadsheets of all the mechs available to each house based on production capability and the FRR gets the short end of a couple sticks. Their best mechs didn't come until after the clan invasion and/or later in the current storyline. I'm trying to base my list off roughly 3050 and I don't own all the technical readouts anymore (working mostly off the MUL and the database in MegaMek) All this is tempered by the fact that eventually the FRR merged with Clan Ghost Bear, so I am sure their Mechs got 3 kinds of cool by that point.

Anyway, just thinking while typing. Go FRR.

#19 Jim3

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:15 PM

View PostDihm, on 04 November 2011 - 01:03 PM, said:

Yep, that's pretty much all I was referring to. Who knows, it may be more of a ceremonial position anyway.

There may also be requirements for diplomacy with other houses, where its better to have a democratically elected leader to make agreements for us.

#20 Jacob

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 01:23 PM

View PostJim!, on 05 November 2011 - 01:15 PM, said:

There may also be requirements for diplomacy with other houses, where its better to have a democratically elected leader to make agreements for us.

Someone might say that king is a king because he does what people expect him to do, although i am 100% pro lance commander democracy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users