• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 992 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationDas Amerikas (The US)

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

View PostNormlDotOrg, on 11 October 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

1) No, really? Your making me feel unwelcome now that I know we aren't related.
2) I CLEARLY said LRMs fly over objects. Nice reading comprehension. Gauss rifles do not "heat seek" OVER objects. Neither do any of the aforementioned weapons you so graciously included. Sorry, your not going to make me out to be some whiner/sore loser. I'm so sorry for your loss.
3) I work in teams. Nice try.
4) Yet you bring up stereotypical statements. More imbibe Cannabis then don't. Sorry times have changed.
5) Vocal minority with a valid point no matter how many of you toadies try to make it invalid/non issue
6) Funny I have not smoked "weed" (Cannabis) for over a year, I just support the impending regulation/taxation.

You try way too hard to sound like your some kind of MechWarrior hardass, yet you lack the class to call this game what it is. No character. No depth. Same ol, same ol.

You bring out your frustrations with the game through deflection and it just so happens I am getting said deflected banter. Yawn and yawn. Your "points" (wow you numbered them, how professional!) only had ONE issue that I presented. LRMs. They are op not due to power but their inherent "seek-over-objects" ability.

No need for you to try and sound like you are. Your Toady style kung-fu is no match for my Zen style.

1) Don't care
2) You clearly said "LRM's should be 'Line of Sight'" which implies they currently aren't. I don't know if you've played this game, if you have you would know that LRM's are line of sight. If you shoot at somebody behind a wall, they don't get hit.
3) I doubt that. Your massive 40 games played makes you seem like a noob and a troll, so I doubt anyone cares what you say.
4) Don't care
5) Don't care
6) Don't care

#202 Grugore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

View PostNormlDotOrg, on 10 October 2012 - 11:02 AM, said:

Aww he thinks hes funny! Cute but that doesn't fix a broken game. Nice try tho! BTW my feedback is realistic whether you choose to accept it or not. It sucks man. Trust me I wanted the game to be killer. Its just not and we are all human and humans will default to spamming LRM with assault mechs. What are you supposed to do? Close the distance with said LRM campers and chop them with an energy sword? I have been in 40 matches or so and out of those at least 25 + there were 3 assault mechs standing almost arm and arm spamming/camping LRM. Its a loser/skilless tactic. Light/Medium mechs are no match for this and it cannot/will not be fixed but to try and flame/name call me is just poor taste and lacks class. Your banter is typical of someone endlessly supporting a lame duck politician and basic "running of the mouth". Lame. Sorry.

You could always bring your OWN missile boats. Seriously. Every time I see someone ******** about something being OP, it's because they don't have the skill or teamwork to deal with it. My merc unit could deal with any mix of mechs or weapons because we have skill and teamwork. THAT'S A FACT. So man up and quit ********.

#203 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

View PostGrugore, on 11 October 2012 - 10:46 PM, said:

You could always bring your OWN missile boats. Seriously. Every time I see someone ******** about something being OP, it's because they don't have the skill or teamwork to deal with it. My merc unit could deal with any mix of mechs or weapons because we have skill and teamwork. THAT'S A FACT. So man up and quit ********.

LRMS ARE powerful, we have discussed them to death many times... they are NOT OP or IMBA or what ever... hell, they are not nearly as deadly as artillery in our lovely "refers to..." tankgame ... if arty is in range, and someone is being spotted, there is barely a chance that the arty can´t hit him...death from above...LRMs don´t go that high arch anymore like they did before... LRMs crash into buildings, into hills, into the ground, can be countered with AMS, and so on...

i don´t get killed by LRMs more than by any other weapon, i´d say LRMs are on the lower end of my "this killed me" list..

sure sometimes you get into a bad position and the enemy LRMs rip you apart (mostly it´s at least 2 full-LRM boats)...but in most cases you CAN avoid that...
you can: hide and take the scouts down... and you can try to break the lines and take the LRMs down, force them to infight...
you can send your own scouts to harass them, you can snipe em to drive THEM into cover (so they can´t shoot anything but their cover ;) )

gosh, i guess someone should write a manual for LRM countertactics...

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 11 October 2012 - 11:32 PM.

#204 Sir Roland MXIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:53 PM

View PostNormlDotOrg, on 11 October 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

40 matches is all I need brother...first off I wasn't bragging about how many I have played.

I have zero games on MW:O and I'm 100% confident you're wrong, per all the tactics you've spat on that people have given you.

View PostNormlDotOrg, on 11 October 2012 - 01:20 PM, said:

I'm sorry I come off as a troll but I have wanted a new mech game for A LONG time. (Mech Warrior 4). High hopes dashed. Angry!

If you're angry then generally it would be preferred if you posted AFTER you had cooled off. You are FAR from being the only one with high hopes for this game and FAR from being the only one concerned by the move to open beta.

I realize you're genuinely concerned and upset but taking it out on fellow forum users is sad. Look at this topic - roughly nine out of ten people agree with you're apprehension. Everyone here has enough worries without someone's semi-rude antics adding to it.

Besides. The devs have made it clear they vastly prefer well written, well thought out ideas over knee-jerk-reactionary poorly written ones. If you would like them to listen to you, you're doing it wrong. Or at the very least, just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Oh and by the way. If you truly had Zen style, you wouldn't be angry, bragging about Zen style, or smoking bud. Just fyi.

Edited by Sir Roland MXIII, 11 October 2012 - 11:56 PM.

#205 Ice

• PipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 20 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:50 AM

From Facebook after stress test:

Posted Image
MechWarrior Online Thanks for giving honest opinions and sticking with us while we work through these technical issues. The team is committed to delivering a stable product and we won't go OB with the game in it's current state. - Bryan Ekman

#206 Celeborne

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:41 AM

View PostTaidan, on 10 October 2012 - 11:18 AM, said:

I too would like to voice my concern with the idea of starting my premium account on the 16th of this month.

An option to start the ball rolling when we feel it's ready would be a very excellent display of customer service, and would buy you a lot of Brownie points, PGI.

Totally agree.

While the founders blurb doesn't actually say when premium starts, it was my expectation or assumption that the game would be 80-90% complete when it did. For me, the game is far too under done to be a piece of software I would pay for.

This is beta software - and you are asking the public to buy in as if this was a UAT release.

#207 Soviet Alex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 626 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:47 AM

View PostIce, on 12 October 2012 - 02:50 AM, said:

There is hope! ;)

Edited by Soviet Alex, 12 October 2012 - 03:48 AM.

#208 Celeborne

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:48 AM

View PostIntruderAlert, on 11 October 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

Russ,

Are you reading this? Are you listening to us?
<snip> Well worded, sensible post </snip>

What he said x100

#209 MichtioN

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

What IntruderAlert said is 100% truth and seriously there are too many things to add & improve. It would be great dissapointment to waste such a great product potential due to lack of polishing. Big thanks for this valuable post!

#210 CHBanger

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:37 AM

I'll add my voice, this game is not ready for open beta.

In my opinion there isn't enough there to keep people engaged or to spend money on.

Oh, and to add, not certainly worth premium. Certainly a waste for those who bought founder's packages.

And I see they have pulled open beta, but again IMO this game isn't ready even if they fix the servers to be stable.

Edited by CHBanger, 12 October 2012 - 05:39 AM.

#211 BorgT6

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 49 posts
  • LocationHalberstadt, Germany

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:10 AM

Thats a joke, isn't it ? I won't play MWO because i can have decals nor cockpit items. Im a real battletech fan but when you came up with factions attacking eachother, planetary defense etc i was rly excited but at the moment it is only a tech demo with some mechs in it (which isn't working atm), nothing else. You can't speak of a game which i would spend money on just yet.

#212 Country Gravy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:36 AM

This game is ready for open Beta. They said they will have a tutorial and most of the lag problems will be fixed. We are two releases behind where they are in development right now so they must think that the build they are working on is ready for the public to start criticizing it so that people that are in the closed beta can start screaming, "It is still in beta N00b!!!!!" . The only issue they might have is getting people to buy MC right away. That will start happening as they get more mechs, more options, more modules, and especially Community Warfare.

Guys....it is going to be OK. It is still in Beta.

#213 Butane9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:47 AM

View PostIntruderAlert, on 11 October 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

Russ,

Are you reading this? Are you listening to us?

Investors/financers : This game stands to make a ton of money if implemented correctly.
However, if done incorrectly it will not only bomb, but put the final death blow in any future
Mech/BT online game to ever be created in the future.

Russ: I KNOW you have played other previous versions of MECHWARRIOR.
and I Know you have played other online games.

I don't care about losing a little money or resets or having to wait a little while for the game to get running
smoothly.

What I do care about is blindly marching forward and letting the viral social media that will rip you and this game
apart if you try to go open beta at this point in time.

My suggestion:

Shut the servers down. <<<<<<<<<<<<
Send everyone on vacation for a week.<<<<<<<<<<
When you come back (servers still down) spend the next week or two re-playing all the older versions of
MECHWARRIOR, and some other Online games (even crysis)...
Look at what you have at "Beta", compare it to everyone else's Alpha and pre-alpha, compare it to what
people are used to seeing...and see what Basic functionality and expected options are obviously missing
in your current game.

Sure the investors are interested in the Bottom line, and you are interested in funding the project and not losing your tail
in the process. The investors have to understand that your previous expectations of getting this game rolled out
within 1 year was a little too progressive compared to most game of such caliber taking 2, 3 and sometimes more
years to reach a "beta" stage.

Unless you have some huge purple monkey hiding up your sleeve..it's not at all ready to open up to the general public.
Basically, in social conscious Open Beta means Launch..letting the whole world judge you.
Don't let this happen. Not yet.

If there is a financial reason for launching now, and it's at a critical stage, then you have too few investors, or the wrong ones.
Appeal to the general public..ever hear of Kickstarter.com?

Additionally, I have found that an extrememly large amount of your "founders" are also deeply involved career-wise in the same
functions as most of your DEV's, Admin's, and Graphic/Game Designers are attempting to do with this game.
You might consider tapping into them. It's always ok to ask for help.

Most of the issues with the Game, as it is, seems to be SERVER related...not user's systems related.
Consider the need to outsource your game host to a more professional (larger) hosting company (Sorry PGI..)

Beta Launch requirements that should never be left out:

#1 In-Game Tutorial (many people will never use the forums)
#2 In-Game Trial area/map (possibly a training map)
#3 Smooth running game all kinks/issues worked out
#4 Interface functionality without the game-within-a-game fighting with the Launch/Group/Friend buttons (currently this is just BAD programming)
#5 all graphics engine components worked out and functioning (IE DX11 tested, implemented and working)
#6 Full funcitonality of the Options menu for keybinding and joy-stick controls. The Cry3 engine comes with them

It doesn't matter that there are only a few maps, or mech designs yet...all games add things later.
It doesn't matter that there is no music , but it would be nice later.

It Does matter that there is no desgnated area to test your mech build BEFORE you are getting shot at in-game.
It Does matter that there is no Training map/ Group Training map to work on strategies with your lancemants.

I, and a lot of people on here, understand the phenomenal undertaking you have staked your names on to get this
project out the door. And yes there is a lot of whining in the forums...because that is human nature.
(It doesn't really mean they all hate you...)

Personally, I have had a blast playing with what we have already...I can't complain.

Most every person in Closed Beta and most every person currently on the forums have a profound desire to see this game succeed..even the whinners.
There are probably a Lot of people (founders) that have talents you could tap,... that would enjoy helping.., but there does not seem to be any pathway for them to make that connection happen.

Having started and operated several businesses in various industries, some successful, (some not so much..) I can empathize with the challenges and frustrations needed to be surmounted to be successful in any given project. And during those trials and tribulations it is easy to loose sight of the original dream and concepts due to external pressures and internal tunnel vision.

The final product at Launch must be polished, functional, and sparkley....we are not there yet

-[FWLM] IntruderAlert

admin@mech.net
MECHNET Gaming Systems, Inc.
Original mechnet! kali MW2 host on Jay Cotton's Kali Network.
Also, licensed and authorised regional host and game launch/tournament site for almost every game put out from EA, Microsoft, Activision, and a few others from 1998 to 2009 both PC and Console games. Some games were a hit, a lot were flops.

Biggest first time player turn-off switches:

1. Playability ...the reason counter-strike lasted so long even after Steam2 came out was that it didn't leave a larger portion of the potential playing community behind (worked on average computers..not just advanced game rigs). Same was true with Medal of Honor and other such original titles. This was also before the economy tanked. Where MMORPG's like WoW originally supported "the most common computer" when it first came out, Blizzard started losing users in droves when the game started requiring at least a dual core computer just to play the game. In today's economy many people might be able to justify $15/mo for entertainment, but not another $1000-$3000 for a new computer to play a specific game when there are so many out there that do not require it. (this also includes Game servers that can't handle the launch /patch load).

2. Understandability, control function familiarity. MWO is funtionally familiar (WASD), however there is nothing in game to tell people what controls/keys do what without manualy typing each key to see a result or looking at the options menu which lacks lisitng several options
which are actually already embedded in the game (like the "Lance chat" key) (need a training area or in-game tutorial)

3.Lack of Engagement, The game needs to engage the new player with the "excitement" of being immersed in the virtual reality we are presenting.
Almost every singel game produced in the last 15 years and every form of video enterainment to date has some kind of theme based
music as part of the presentation. (even though there should be an option to turn it off). Today's games are a "movie in which the player interacts". In-Game story lines and music adds tons to that projected reality and excitement.

4. Unexpected results: Several times I have purchased a mech, and with remaining c-bills loaded it out, only to save and have a bare mech and no c-bills left. Today's society is all about instant-gratification, and if you make them hold off with a grind that ends in frustraiton your going to end up with a lot of people pee'ing themselves.

5. Player base. If your player base is not large enough to keep the game going 24 hours a day...(so everyone can drop into a game when it is convenient to them)...your going to loose to other games that do. While there is a huge (albeit aging) BT follower base...the real money that will make the game endure is the larger base of un-tapped new and younger players that may have no idea of what BTech is. Need more than relying on them typing "wiki mechwarrior" into a web page and hoping they find out from that. they need to feel like this is their home from the instant the game launches and how to get more information/help if they do not. (see points #1,2,3,4 above)

I am really sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes here..it's not the intent.

I just don't want to see this thing die a horrible death when it does not have too.

Take a vacation, shut the servers if necessary...we will still be here waiting.

-IA
-[FWLM] IntruderAler http://housemarik.enjin.net

You forgot to bring up the requirement to even use trial mechs at the start. It's a horrible idea and they were never meant for that purpose. Seriously just give players the ability to choose 1 free mech and go from there.

#214 Country Gravy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:00 AM

One free light or medium. Give them a couple of choices. The mech can not be sold just like the founders mech. Now people can experiment with customization and still want to spend money on MC.

#215 stoph

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 95 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:03 AM

I believe there can be only one of two things driving them to put the game into open beta at this time
1.) They are having trouble making payroll
2.) As someone else had suggested, their financial backers are forcing this upon them.
I have been a huge supporter of this game from day one announcement I paid my $120 knowing it was a gamble and still hold out hope that it will survive the initial backlash from the community but I am scared that this will be a catalyst for it never becoming what it could be.

On a personal note, I was a little insulted by the comment saying that you are going open beta because your testers are fatigued. If that is truly the case then I'm sorry we failed you MWO, if it is financial considerations then have the courtesy to not put that on the hardest core of your fan-base.

#216 Mania

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSW Misery

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:16 AM

"Cockpit Items
In addition to customizing the outside of your BattleMech, players will be able to decorate the inside of your cockpit with some cool decorative items like fuzzy dice and the family’s hula girl."

Can't wait to add a blinking TARDIS to my cockpit! "wish" Can we get a chameleon chip also!

"Oh and let's not forget our first Hero BattleMech. It's the < REDACTED >!"

You tease! Can't wait for the unveil... let the conspiracy theories begin... does the fact that you used the word REDACTED(8 letters) have anything to do with the new mech.. maybe the Yorioshi or Samsonov.. or Danielle.... or possibly the HB wallpaper leads us to the HM being an HB.. Shakir..hmmm

#217 Sir Roland MXIII

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

View PostIce, on 12 October 2012 - 02:50 AM, said:

Thanks for giving honest opinions and sticking with us while we work through these technical issues. The team is committed to delivering a stable product and we won't go OB with the game in it's current state. - Bryan Ekman

Whew! Thanks for the heads up, Ice, that's a relief.

#218 Reported for Inappropriate Name

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,767 posts
  • LocationAmericlap

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

obviously they have some confidence going into this so let's see what the 16th brings.

worst case scenario, i abandon the game and stop spending money

best case scenario, the game goes from not ready to ready with the patch

#219 Squidhead Jax

• 1,434 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

*shakes head and sighs* OP has it exactly backwards. CB testers are getting fatigued by the scaffolding still being bare and rickety. A lot of us don't want the parts we paid for applied when OB starts because of how threadbare it still is.

View PostCountry Gravy, on 12 October 2012 - 07:00 AM, said:

One free light or medium. Give them a couple of choices. The mech can not be sold just like the founders mech. Now people can experiment with customization and still want to spend money on MC.

Exactly. There's so many ways* that would be a positive. The single sacrificed purchase is negligible, especially when it's more likely to get someone to stick around so PGI has more opportunities to push them to buy stuff.

*Was gonna link, but realized a lot of people can't see the beta forums.
Spoiler

Edited by Squidhead Jax, 12 October 2012 - 12:21 PM.

#220 oHyDa

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

View Postmartoq, on 10 October 2012 - 04:18 PM, said:

I have to agree with everyone whose complaint is about the premium time. Sorry but Launch is Launch of the game not Launch of the Open Beta. That's BS in the highest form. As others have said, Premium players paid early to help support you because they believed in you. Instead you have basically f'd them and lost their faith. I do hope you realize as I post this, I have just read 7 pages of people with a visceral reaction to this move. Your community which you claim to care about is turning on you and justifiably. You got my money but if you plan to use a bonus you promised under the founder package in a BETA then you are ripping off your customers and as others have said I can very much promise you...you will never see another dime from me and I can assure you anyone I speak to will hear the wonderful way you have treated your founding supports. Not a threat as this is the internet, just a fact.

As for the graphics, gameplay, etc...well this is beta. It is to be expected which is why people are so pissed off that your using something they PAID for in an unfinished product. I honestly cannot think of a more BS move than this.

I totally agree with this and many many more comments like this.

Something personally:

Give me my money back, I´ve paid for the founderspack to support you, so you have the possibillity to create a GAME. But what you will deliver now isn´t one its more a barrel burst.

Something objective:
Are you really sure to go for open beta with such a bad gameplay? Are you sure, you know how people will react in Forums and Blogs? And now the most important question.
Do you know how much money you arent able to catch if you are going for a "unfinished" Open Beta right know?
I tell you i wont pay any more. In my eays this step is a financial suicide, i cant imagine you will survive this. I allready charged off my investment.

What a pity, such a good game (universe) killed by one bad decission.

Edited by oHyDa, 12 October 2012 - 12:48 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users