Paul Inouye in Reddit AMAA

108 replies to this topic

#21 ALGREN

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:54 PM

good morning, how long will my status be on pending?

Edited by ALGREN, 10 October 2012 - 09:55 PM.

#22 RandomMaster

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 33 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:11 PM

I seriously don't understand this thinking. Open Beta is just as much a testing phase as closed beta. You guys seem to think that "Now's the time to show you that this is release! They won't release anything new now! SCREWED". Just stop. Please. The whole point of open beta is to get new players in. Stress test servers. Make changes to allow a large amount of people to play. Also to get more feedback from other people (such as seeing if there are any difficulties with new sign ups on the page and linking that to the game servers).

The closed beta testers can only give so much info before they run out of full fledged usable ideas. Fresh minds and eyes are needed (no matter how good your eyesight is). So stop rampaging and stop stating that this is a bad idea. It's great. I can't wait to shoot new people and to get my other friends online to play and test if they are willing.

Before doing that though it's worth noting and telling them, "GUYS THIS IS ALL A TEST CALM DOWN STOP CAPSING". I love this community and it would be a shame to see it all crumble now because you all think this is how it's going to be at release.

#23 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

View PostSybreed, on 10 October 2012 - 05:02 PM, said:

Will Paul actually be nice to people ? ^_^

He was nice the one and only time I have ever seen him in game....except for the fact he's a "soulless Canadian"....and his K2 skills were subpar :ph34r:

also not sure why but for some reason talk of the "S" (pitchfork guy) word seemed to bother him.

Edited by SixStringSamurai, 10 October 2012 - 10:33 PM.

#24 nodie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 160 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

I fail to understand the negative sentiment among some of the users?

I look forward to see how this goes, and pray paul ignores those who are ignorant to the production process.

#25 zlaveda

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:38 PM

^_^

где скачять игру ?

#26 sts47

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 52 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

View PostRandomMaster, on 10 October 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

I seriously don't understand this thinking. Open Beta is just as much a testing phase as closed beta. You guys seem to think that "Now's the time to show you that this is release! They won't release anything new now! SCREWED". Just stop. Please. The whole point of open beta is to get new players in. Stress test servers. Make changes to allow a large amount of people to play. Also to get more feedback from other people (such as seeing if there are any difficulties with new sign ups on the page and linking that to the game servers).

The closed beta testers can only give so much info before they run out of full fledged usable ideas. Fresh minds and eyes are needed (no matter how good your eyesight is). So stop rampaging and stop stating that this is a bad idea. It's great. I can't wait to shoot new people and to get my other friends online to play and test if they are willing.

Before doing that though it's worth noting and telling them, "GUYS THIS IS ALL A TEST CALM DOWN STOP CAPSING". I love this community and it would be a shame to see it all crumble now because you all think this is how it's going to be at release.

Unfortunately, the devs have already stated that once the game is in Open Beta it may as well be considered live

Yes, they will do more content down the road, but think of all the Neg reviews it'll be getting in the meantime

#27 zer0imh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 581 posts
  • LocationFomalhaut

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

was the lag intentional?

#28 Monky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

Ouch, throwing you right to the wolves after open beta announcement eh?

#29 Magnificent Bastard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:41 PM

View PostJman5, on 10 October 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

Paul, I don't know how well you know reddit AMA's, but I just wanted to give you some advice. Make sure you leave a lot of the PR speak at home. This isn't going to be some gaming journalist throwing you softballs, nor is it going to be a bunch of people dazzled by buzz words.

The key to a successful AMA is to treat the community like adults and with respect. If they feel like you're jerking them around giving non-answers from your marketing department, they're going to call you on it and the whole thing will backfire on you. Especially if you just answer a few easy softball questions and call it a night.

Anyway, I'm not writing this to scare you. I'm doing it because I want you to knock it out of the park and get more people interested in this fantastic series.

Just be yourself, have fun, and all will be well.

LOL who gives a ****? People will take what Paul gives them like it's cake. Do you turn down free cake? Sure the occasional ******* will turn down a free slice of cake but the rest of us will gobble it up. Therein lies my prediction for Paul's AMA tomorrow.

#30 Greers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:06 AM

(...)

Premium Time will start running for real, you can buy things for real money and there will be no more wipes... so tell me: what's the difference to a launch, except for the name?

I was defending the descision to start running the Premium Time at the star of OB, but I hoped for the game to be a bit more finished at the start of OB. Now I'm not so sure this is a good descision. Can't even play the game because of the current problems. If this were a REAL Beta, why is there no wipe at the end of it?

#31 Hayashi

Snowflake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:15 AM

View PostMagnificent *******, on 10 October 2012 - 06:37 PM, said:

Posted Image

PULL BACK DRAGON ONE! PULL BACK!

#32 Power Triping Guild Leader

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:19 AM

Why is PGI supporting a hate site? http://www.dailydot....ogynistic-splc/

#33 RandomMaster

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:19 AM

Ah so people are upset by this then?

"Once MWO has gone into the Open Beta phase, all in-game purchases using MC are final.

For Example: If I buy 1,250 MC for $9.95, then buy 6,500 for $29.95, I will receive 7,750 MC after each Closed Beta reset and 7,750 MC one final time when MWO goes into Open Beta."

So? For all we know they reset it one more time because they can. If you don't want to spend your MC during the open Beta then don't? What you worried about?

At most the only thing to be upset about is if your premium time doesn't get reset. So sure the MC that you could have used to buy a mech to get xp on wouldn't get as much XP and C-Bills. I can see why people would get upset over that.

Still isn't a full fledged reason to rage. In fact do we even know what 'patch' or 'update' they will release the day open beta starts?

Instead of raging maybe it would be better to ask constructive questions and bring up this stuff instead of saying, "Oh it's too EARLY". Heck people said World of Tanks released too early because the clan wars stuff wasn't up on release.

I think if it were up to us as the players we'd always say, no matter how perfect the game is, that it's too early.

#34 Xenophone

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

wait we can bring pitch forks?

#35 RandomMaster

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:47 AM

View PostXenophone, on 11 October 2012 - 01:45 AM, said:

wait we can bring pitch forks?

Rawr mode on? ;)

#36 Alkamyst

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

I'll be a happy little Pilot if I get to keep my Dragon and CB that I've earned thus far... Many of us have logged hundreds of hours helping de-bug this Beta... Please, Please, Please don't reset our CB or take away what Mechs we have earned. I ultimately believe it's fair! If I wasn't part of the closed Beta and I had just joined in when it opened...it would not have made any difference to me...so a few thousand Pilots earned their right to customize their mechs...buy a couple weapons...and learn some maps...that wouldn't matter to me. do I believe any of the Noobs joining on the 16th will be out - gunned? No. the trial mechs are well tuned and well armed!

Earning something to call your own and then having it taken away for doing a good job is demoralizing, demeaning, and earns distrust. obviously, in a couple months you will likely take on several members ranging in tens of thousands of noobs; how would this (you taking our CB and toys) be any different if you did it then? is this something we can expect? how about after the open beta is over and you're at full power with hundreds of thousands of new noobs everyweek...are we to lose what we have earned earnestly after sacrificing enough time to learn a new language everytime this franchise goes through a phase shift? I deeply, deeply respect the mechwarrior franchise. deeply. I have been there since its birth and have watched it grow from the arcade style game it was to the highly integrated simulator it is now. However; Never-Ever-Have-I-Ever thought that the powers to be of this franchise would take advantage of the fans who have kept it going, the fans who have kept on buying, the fans who dedicated, dreamed, and drove this franchise to where it is today. Any real gamer, and I mean REAL gamer knows and loves this franchise. And most of em, dedicated more time to this Closed Beta then to their families, their friends, and themselves. For us, This became a more than an opportunity...this became who we were. This Became what we are. We became Mech Pilots...Not for us, not for our families, not for our friends...For you...because you called. We dropped everything...for you.

Now I, Alkamyst. Pilot of the Dragon DRG-N1. Ask you, Please...Please. Reconsider.

Thank you for your time.

#37 SaXoN UK1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 223 posts
  • LocationGod's own County

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:11 AM

Yes, I am unhappy because I am 10. Just because you White Knight Troll doesn't mean you're not a Troll.
As you obviously can't be bothered to do a little research I'll explain for you. The reason a lot of people are unhappy (10 year olds as you say) is because we fronted up cash to support a game that want to be a success . In its current state, letting in everyone will put a huge amount of people off, potentially killing the game before it starts. Couple this with the fact that your founders time starts counting down from the 16th, when right here right now a lot of people are unable to play due to lag and/or disconnects, it is understandable why people are unhappy (well at least to the rest of us).

So Paul, please be prepared for the pitch forks and torches crowd.

#38 Riin Suul

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 528 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:42 AM

DAMN IT!! *throws things*
would it kill you do to ONE damn live event at some time other than 2pm pdt? I will literally never be able to join at this time of day, and I am sure that there are others in my position. by varying the time a little bit for each event, you could ensure that there wont be some people who will never be able to attend

#39 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,205 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:52 AM

People are angry because of the Open Beta not because the game is "unfinished", but because of their Premium accounts and credits will start to count as real. (they would probably want the game to have more content before it does)

#40 Cev Lost

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 34 posts
  • LocationDS: Command

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:50 AM

Realistically I'd like to see the current patches issues fixed. It is all great to say that its the Client side. But sadly When you have people near the servers who are experiancing this and your average player base drops during a peak time by over 500 or more (Think it is closer to 1k, could be wrong) This is a red flag.

I think half the group I drop with would agree.

Fix the issues you got before you drop in sparklies other wise its just melted armor on the ground after the rampaging roadraging Atlas gets done stomping on you.

Also about The stress test......

This was a stress test on the warriors right?

*hints of sarcasm come out there*

Cev

39 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 39 guests, 0 anonymous users