2 replies to this topic

#1 Danai LiaoCentrella

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:32 PM

http://axon.dolby.com/
i've been using this for awhile now, while it isn't perfect, its been pleasant and relatively problem free. As the demonstrations show, it MAY be possible to allow support for positional sound support within the game. Would be nice to be able to hear where each member is speaking from.
While it isn't logical because its supposed to be coming from radios, it does help with identifying who just said what (eg. some guy screams "HEEEELP" and it came from your left and the only mech on your left happens to be.. him. No need to figure out who just yelled out in agony.)

#2 Bansheedragon75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

I have 2 comments/questions on this suggestion of yours.

1. If you were in a combat situation, a real world situation not game, and someone screams help over the radio.
Can you tell which direction you have to go to get to him, just from him yelling on the radio?

If you can answer yes to that then I would like you to tell me how that is possible in a real world situation.

2. An ingame voice chat option has been suggested before, why did you create a new thread instead of posting in an already existing one?

#3 Danai LiaoCentrella

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 02:07 AM

why don't you read the second paragraph again before you ask?

and why don't you read the whole site through before you post condescending messages?

it isn't "in-game" chat. It's support for an external chat program that was designed to make voip easier in larger teams.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users