Are most ready for 1 shot kills in this game

224 replies to this topic

#221 Sir Ollie

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

I've played all the Battletech games, although it has been some time but I think one hit kills are a must, sure its crappy to be on the receiving end of one but if you can line up the shot, bonous for you. As Davion said, for a Merc, that is the preferred method of taking down a mech.
I've had my Awesome blown to smithereens with a lucky ammo hit, I've also put a PPC round through the cockpit of an Atlas with the same mech on the first round of combat. One Hits are what make the Fun stories, OK most of those were in Tabletop games, because head shots are HARD to get. But thats the point. As long as they are fairly rare occurrences they are fine. For folks worried that PPCs will kill off lights like popcorn. Lights move Fast ( atleast in all the other MW games) so good luck hitting them if they are not moving right at you. and of they are. Well they deserve what they get.

#222 Aegic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:22 PM

Light mech+skill/terrain= Chances he will gun for your buddies instead of cursing when he keeps overheating from missing those alpha strikes.

#223 StandingCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,069 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

Remember, you aren't gonna be going in alone, besides maneuverability you are gonna want to use your larger mechs for cover and send them in first (unless you are a scout), then you sneak in and start widdling down the larger mechs. Should be pretty cool to see how it all plays out on the battlefield.

#224 Dataman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 338 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationJakarta, ID

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:13 PM

I'll do it with style critical hits with arrow VI to the chest

#225 Rambo Calrissian

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

View PostHelmer, on 20 March 2012 - 06:53 AM, said:

However, to answer you question, No, I don't see many "new" people to the universe willing to stick around if 1 shot kills abound.
Why not?
Think about Counterstrike.
It got super-mega-popular despite loads of one-shot-kills and a lot of waiting-time between rounds.

I see no problem with one-shot-kills.
I dunno, how team death match will be, but there might be modes, where you can just respawn.
Or if it's fast enough, you could just join a new game.

Also what if someone fires an AC20 into a cockpit?
Should the Mech still walk around like nothing happened?

I personally wouldn't have much bad feelings, if I pilot a very light Mech and be one-shot by an assault Mech.
But every time I would one-hit something I'd feel pretty good about it.

Edit:
Just found this:
http://mwomercs.com/...post__p__183015
So depending on how they do the AC20, it might not even always do full damage to (one part of) a Mech.

Edited by Rambo Calrissian, 30 March 2012 - 01:23 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users