Any Scottish worlds left?

14 replies to this topic

#1 Petroff Northrup

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:34 AM

I have been trying to dig up a world with a decent amount of Scot-oriented culture to it in the reamins of CC to base the unit I hope to form off of but so far have come up empty and am wondering if anyone knows of one left that would be a good base for a Scot-Irish culturally oriented unit. The Capellan Heavy Lancers will need a home afterall.

#2 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:37 AM

http://www.sarna.net...ind_Highlanders

#3 Terick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 194 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:57 AM

They don't need a home. One of the goals of the unit can be reclaiming their home world. From the FWL or FC.

#4 Petroff Northrup

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:02 AM

View PostGeist Null, on 20 March 2012 - 07:37 AM, said:

At this time Northwind is in FedRat hands

View PostTerick, on 20 March 2012 - 07:57 AM, said:

They don't need a home. One of the goals of the unit can be reclaiming their home world. From the FWL or FC.

Taking back Northwind is currently my goal actually, however, a units needs a place to be based from unless it is one based solely on raiding and I am not that type of commander.

#5 Karel Spaten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHallam

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:11 AM

Aren't the Northwind Highlanders in FedCom employ in 3049?

On topic: there are a shedton of Scottish-themed worlds in the Terran corridor, quite an impressive feat for a population of 5 million. Apart from Northwind, there's Glengarry, Caledonia and Skye off the top of my head.

#6 Petroff Northrup

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:16 AM

View PostKarel Spaten, on 20 March 2012 - 08:11 AM, said:

Aren't the Northwind Highlanders in FedCom employ in 3049?

On topic: there are a shedton of Scottish-themed worlds in the Terran corridor, quite an impressive feat for a population of 5 million. Apart from Northwind, there's Glengarry, Caledonia and Skye off the top of my head.

Yes, but none of those worlds are currently under CC control, I am forging a CC unit of more Scot-Irish oriented like NWH descendants who stayed loyal to CC however it seems that all the Scottish worlds have fallen to the FedRats.

#7 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:19 AM

Wait... let me understand this right... You are forming a unit of Scottish descent (awesome) that IS NOT the Northwind Highlanders (cool) but you want to go and take back Northwind from the Fedrats?

I think the Highlanders might have a thing or two to say about that...

(hears the War Pipes in the background)

Yep. I think they said "No thanks, we already gots one"

#8 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:27 AM

There is a planet named Glasgow, I think it's in the Sian Communality.

#9 Korbyn McColl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 402 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

Grimm speaks words of wisdom. While we honor our fallen comrades in the 3rd Kearny who died defending Northwind from Davion forces, that happened centuries ago. Our contract with the Capellan Confederation and exile from our homeland was disolved decades ago and we now hold Northwind once again, even if that means we do have to honor an alliance with the Federated Commonwealth. While we long for true independence, any invasion aimed at returning us to the rule of any Great House will be met with lethal force. Besides...that's a pretty long line of supply to maintain...from Capellan space to Northwind...lots can go wrong on such a long voyage... ,-)

#10 Chuckie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationHell if I don't change my ways

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:43 AM

View PostPetroff Northrup, on 20 March 2012 - 08:02 AM, said:

Taking back Northwind is currently my goal actually, however, a units needs a place to be based from unless it is one based solely on raiding and I am not that type of commander.

Over the NWHs' (and The Knights of Ni) Dead body.. (and Mechs you will)

Edited by Chuckie, 20 March 2012 - 08:45 AM.

#11 Youngblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationGMT -6

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:58 AM

Glasgow's in the Capellan Commonality.

Edited by Youngblood, 20 March 2012 - 08:59 AM.

#12 Petroff Northrup

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:24 AM

View PostMason Grimm, on 20 March 2012 - 08:19 AM, said:

Wait... let me understand this right... You are forming a unit of Scottish descent (awesome) that IS NOT the Northwind Highlanders (cool) but you want to go and take back Northwind from the Fedrats?

I think the Highlanders might have a thing or two to say about that...

(hears the War Pipes in the background)

Yep. I think they said "No thanks, we already gots one"

View PostDevil Man, on 20 March 2012 - 08:41 AM, said:

Grimm speaks words of wisdom. While we honor our fallen comrades in the 3rd Kearny who died defending Northwind from Davion forces, that happened centuries ago. Our contract with the Capellan Confederation and exile from our homeland was disolved decades ago and we now hold Northwind once again, even if that means we do have to honor an alliance with the Federated Commonwealth. While we long for true independence, any invasion aimed at returning us to the rule of any Great House will be met with lethal force. Besides...that's a pretty long line of supply to maintain...from Capellan space to Northwind...lots can go wrong on such a long voyage... ,-)

View PostChuckie, on 20 March 2012 - 08:43 AM, said:

Over the NWHs' (and The Knights of Ni) Dead body.. (and Mechs you will)

We will seehow things play out, I fully expect many will oppose the return of the Highlanders to the Capellan Confederation but as my forefathers served so shall and my goal shall be the same as theres, the reunification of the Northwind Highlanders and return of Northwind to the Capellan Confederation where we shall serve with honor and distinction as we did for years, not as some Davion lapdogs used only as a bulwark so long as it is useful to them. The FedRats shall go back on their promises, I say this now and when they do remember that your kin in the Confederation will always await you, and I expect you to be waiting for me in turn though perhaps not in the same manner.

Glasgow would without a doubt work and appears to even have the capicity for heavy industry a potentially semi-independent military unit would need.

#13 Lio Lio

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 51 posts
  • LocationNewport News Virginia

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:56 AM

It could be a clan fued thing. You Scotties from Glasgow have some beef with teh Scotties in Northwind...Maybe for serving those Imperialist FedCom dogs. So you grab you skirts and your mechs and are off to teach them what a true Scotsman is, And by teh blood of your ancestors blah blah blah

#14 Terick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

View PostLio Lio, on 23 March 2012 - 05:56 AM, said:

It could be a clan fued thing. You Scotties from Glasgow have some beef with teh Scotties in Northwind...Maybe for serving those Imperialist FedCom dogs. So you grab you skirts and your mechs and are off to teach them what a true Scotsman is, And by teh blood of your ancestors blah blah blah

Gets some snacks, a few drinks and pulls up a chair to watch the fireworks.

#15 Antonius Prime

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

I say be forthright about your goals. Make no promises you don't intend to keep. Accept help, but accept no agreements based on long-term hopes offered by any who have not proven their trustworthiness. Self-reliance without bullish stupidity.

I am a Northwind Highlander through and through, though as a real life human and all I have lost some track of some of the lore over the past decade or so. But, now that I am preparing to jump back in (awesome) I am ready to pledge loyalty to the Scottish cause unless I find nothing acceptable and simply go rogue, having no true home anymore.

I really don't care if we reclaim our homeworld or not, as much as I care that we are unified (largely) and are acting according to honor. In that case, anywhere I am surrounded by my brothers is my home. (It would still be awesome if that home had some big hills.) If there is no honor to be had, or that honor is a sham to excuse tyrannical demands I'm going rogue.

I understand that finding outlets to display honor are limited somewhat as this is an online-dog-fight style game, but you work with you got. No?!

Edited by Antonius Prime, 09 April 2012 - 12:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users