So I've been thinking

6 replies to this topic

#1 jojobear

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:23 PM

On the matter of not being a full MW title, I'm over the initial announcement brouhaha and have really thought about it.

MW Online is really just MPB Solaris or MPBT 3025 for the modern era.

And I'm okay with this.

It's been done before. No real new scary changes. These predecessors were great, and now we have a chance to relive them with fresh paint.

MW has a very dedicated niche fanbase. I'm certain that MWO will succeed enough to warrant funding for a full blockbuster title.

#2 Skoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 994 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:27 PM

If MWO just turns into a glorified Solaris arena, then honestly, I don't see much chance of success past the diehard, niche fans.

#3 Belial

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 359 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:32 PM

View PostSkoll-, on 02 November 2011 - 01:27 PM, said:

If MWO just turns into a glorified Solaris arena, then honestly, I don't see much chance of success past the diehard, niche fans.

Inevitably there will be new gamers who try and like MWO and pass the word on to their gamer friends. While MWO will be more meaningful to veterans like myself (first game was BattleTech 3050 on the SNES), I don't see it being totally lost on the new generation of players.

#4 Damocles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:33 PM

Been waiting 10~ years for a new mechwarrior game so if it is fun at all I will not care if it is popular.

#5 Frantic Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • 714 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:33 PM

I think your half right.

From everything I've read I really feel like this is not only a return of MPBT but also a new Mechwarrior game at the same time if that makes sense.

#6 Skoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 994 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:37 PM

I'll still play it if it turns out to just be Arena battles, but I'll be a bit disappointed. So much more you could do with the Succession Wars and whatnot going on.

#7 jojobear

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:45 PM

It won't just be arena battles. They've already said they were doing a conquest mode. They also really seem to be into objective-based missions.

Pure arena is just a limitation of the past that no longer applies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users