Allow Custom Matches

1 reply to this topic

#1 Akai Doragon

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:48 AM

For me the biggest deal breaker for this game is currently its auto match making system. I understand its still early and raw but to only have one way of finding a match is extremely limited.

I am not saying the auto-match maker should be eliminated entirely as its good for just quickly jumping into a round or starting out but it should be supplemented with a custom match creator.

Features which you could implement into this:
1) Allow you to PICK a Map rather than being randomly thrown into one, after all if we are Mercs I imagine most of us would know a job before we signed on to accept one.

2) Allow you to pick/change your mech before launching allowing you to adapt to environments just as a mercenary would. Personally i wouldnt take a hot running laser mech into a volcano and would adapt to the job accordingly.

3) Allow you to set custom sized games and NOT imposing some ridiculous group cap. I have 5 other friends who play this game, we like playing together.. that makes 6 of us. Your intended grouping strategy would single out 2 of those people allowing for 4 man games with each other since we don't have 8 players (yes we could try and find another 2 players on the internet but were local friends and don't wish to do that). If we could configure 12 man games of 6 on 6 this would be much more reasonable.

Custom maps would also allow for guilds/lances to directly challenge each other on specific battlefields allowing sides to both "optimize" in advance for a map. This would prevent further imbalance and pose a greater challenge to both sides to plan ahead and work together accordingly. Personally this is the challenge i am looking for which MWO just doesnt provide at this time and causes me to doubt my future of playing this game.

I don't want to hop in a laser mech and end up on a volcano map when i have a mech lab full of other mechs better suited to that environment which i would have rather taken to do the job, also since my friends and I prefer fighting as an organized group fighting against some randomly created PUG is of little challenge to us and completely unfair to them.

I sincerely hope these points are at the forefront of your mind because personally I find MWO to have already become boring and its still closed beta. Unless these issues are resolved i doubt I see myself playing this much after launch, even if you try and add new mechs and toys to the inventory it won't be enough to keep people or bring in those dollar transactions that F2P games need. Major work still needs to be done to give this game some future life by providing more 'end game' and help guarantee a steady income for your company.

I look forward to the upcoming changes in MWO as you continue to refine the game and hope that some of these suggestions make it in soon. Thanks for your time!

#2 Tankerton

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

I have much the same feeling. I have been going thru the beta hoping that this would be implemented in the final product but would think it may be something up for testing at this point. Here's hoping its in the game soon!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users