Liao or Steiner?

170 replies to this topic

#141 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

Your point is? I have gotten hundreds of headshots with gauss, it is not that difficult.

#142 Lamenter captain

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

Steiner Uber Alles!

#143 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts
  • LocationOverheating in front of a Timberwolf

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

View Postdal10, on 02 November 2012 - 03:42 PM, said:

Your point is? I have gotten hundreds of headshots with gauss, it is not that difficult.

Just saying, I'm no slouch so it isn't really becoming of you to claim superiority when you've never fought me.

#144 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

Imagine if I see both Dal and Gattling and coincidentally appeared in the same match, we'll see the result.

Gentlemen, with a Skye Ranger guy and an ex-Skye Ranger guy are frequently in here, which side you're on? Dal or Gattling?

#145 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:57 PM

should be Skye Ranger troll for gattling, not guy.

#146 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

Actually Dal, it's only you I have a problem with. To everyone else I'm perfectly cordial.

Oh and Draken, it's pretty obvious. Anyone with green in their banner likes dal, anyone with blue in the banner dislikes dal, doesn't necessarily like me, but dislikes dal. ;)

#147 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:56 AM

I am on rather good terms with several steiners. Journeyman from the hub is still on pretty good terms with me, so is flawless, valk and alistair.

#148 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

View Postdal10, on 03 November 2012 - 06:56 AM, said:

I am on rather good terms with several steiners. Journeyman from the hub is still on pretty good terms with me, so is flawless, valk and alistair.

Whatever makes you feel better.

#149 Himnos Altar

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

View PostArithion, on 16 October 2012 - 11:30 AM, said:

To help with this decision, you should look at the most populated groups that are in Steiner and Liao. You should also consider which group would be most active and have the most people you get along with. Test the waters and see, I got nothing against Liao though the idea of being on the same side as Goons does worry me sometimes (Bad memories from "Burn Jita"). I can't really help you find a group with Liao though, gotta do some searching.

However, for Steiner I can recommend that join "Skye Rangers" the group I'm with. We are very active with several groups who play during different time zones. You can join for serious pvp or casual play with our group, even a bit of RP if your into that. If you have any questions, please shoot me a PM. http://www.skye-rangers.net/home

Overall though, you should choose what you think will suit you best.

poor little EVE Carebear. It's a shame that Burn Jita wasn't announced several weeks to a month beforehand.

Oh wait, that's right, it was. There was plenty of fair warning. Can't believe it was Burn Jita that made you dislike the Goons. When there are so many other, better reasons.

I saw this and just HAD to post, lol....

That said, not sure who I want to side with. The Goons being in Liao will play maybe 1-5% of the reasons I choose. Because everyone loves a bad guy. and the Goons are, well, the Goons. :)

Edited by Himnos Altar, 05 November 2012 - 06:11 PM.

#150 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

House Liao is as much a bad guy as Hanse Davion is a paragon of virtue. One of the main BT writers, Micheal Stackpole, was a massive Davion fanboy. So we get portrayed as incompetent and evil a LOT of the time. However after the clan invasion we go from a relatively weak realm, to probably the strongest house. (this would be after the blackout, cause we didn't downsize our military at all, we are sneaky like that ;) )

#151 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

I'll throw my lot in with Dal just because he's a fellow RPer and has superior taste in house.

#152 Ledaal Liao

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:54 AM

I'm sympathetic to both houses, and I'm neither on Gattling's, nor on dal10's side in this quarrels.

#153 IMTatsu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:24 AM

From as objective of a standpoint as I can, I continue to ask the question why a supposedly prominent member from a supposedly more prominent house has to invest the level of time and effort as he does to come here and grief an individual who is no longer of any tactical, ordinate, or otherwise significant value to him.

I'm not making any accusations, nor am I passing any judgments.

There is considerable difference between being a better pilot, and being a better warrior. Regardless of which side of the fence it would land on the issue of the better pilot, I've seen and read enough, as I believe all of us have, to determine the superior warrior. As for myself, and my House, a warrior can become a better pilot through training. The obverse is not always true. (Almost) sorry for you loss, Fenn.

>:{

#154 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 01:13 AM

View PostHimnos Altar, on 05 November 2012 - 06:10 PM, said:

poor little EVE Carebear. It's a shame that Burn Jita wasn't announced several weeks to a month beforehand.

Oh wait, that's right, it was. There was plenty of fair warning. Can't believe it was Burn Jita that made you dislike the Goons. When there are so many other, better reasons.

I saw this and just HAD to post, lol....

That said, not sure who I want to side with. The Goons being in Liao will play maybe 1-5% of the reasons I choose. Because everyone loves a bad guy. and the Goons are, well, the Goons. :)

I dislike the goons because I fought them for years. I was at burn Jita as part of a 20 pilot IRC detachment sent to monitor the thing. Needless to say, it was disappointing as ****. the CFC fleets didn't really attack much, just provoked some people into aggroing them and getting shot up by CONCORD. Not to mention the hostility markers were all kinds of ****** up, I had two ships refunded because station turrets somehow mistook me for a hostile and shot me.

But yeah, long story short. the goons going House Liao shouldn't scare people as much as it should make them laugh. The known cannon fodder of EVE is now going to be clogging our guns in MechWarrior Online. So what? More easy kills.

Edited by Gattling Fenn, 11 November 2012 - 01:17 AM.

#155 ZefNinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 120 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

Gattling,

Dude, please seriously you need to get over it If you actually read the House forums you will see House Liao in essence is no more Word of Lowtax than you are. They are a completely independent of our current structure unless they state otherwise, as they never drop with us. Maybe the odd chap who we have decent comms with us does come on for the odd matchup.

I'm not going to elaborate on this topic any more only that you take a good look at whats being posted in our forums about us and just leave Dal alone, seriously now. Is the OP of this thread was not even him and whoever did post it, did so from a point of no emotion. If you come on here and spam anything of course he is going to defend his house, of which has accepted him for his piloting ability as well as his finesse for Battletech RP passions.

As I have said many a time, and will say it again like a stuck record player, We shall see how good you are on the battlefield and let that be the judge of it.

#156 Flawless

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:59 AM

View Postdal10, on 02 November 2012 - 12:48 PM, said:

Well, I shall just out pilot you like i repeatedly did to ghost and flawless.

That's a big Claim right there. I'll have time to be on in two weeks. Maybe we can get a match in?

#157 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:21 AM

View PostFlawless, on 12 November 2012 - 06:59 AM, said:

That's a big Claim right there. I'll have time to be on in two weeks. Maybe we can get a match in?

remember when I took out both of you 3 matches in a row in my commando? despite you running the same build and ghost having a jenner? Rambo the commando was victorious that day.

#158 Flawless

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

I need to get some matches in baaaddddd. Ive been working several weeks straight now and need some mwo.

#159 Gattling Fenn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 589 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

View PostZefNinja, on 12 November 2012 - 03:37 AM, said:

Gattling,

Dude, please seriously you need to get over it If you actually read the House forums you will see House Liao in essence is no more Word of Lowtax than you are. They are a completely independent of our current structure unless they state otherwise, as they never drop with us. Maybe the odd chap who we have decent comms with us does come on for the odd matchup.

I'm not going to elaborate on this topic any more only that you take a good look at whats being posted in our forums about us and just leave Dal alone, seriously now. Is the OP of this thread was not even him and whoever did post it, did so from a point of no emotion. If you come on here and spam anything of course he is going to defend his house, of which has accepted him for his piloting ability as well as his finesse for Battletech RP passions.

As I have said many a time, and will say it again like a stuck record player, We shall see how good you are on the battlefield and let that be the judge of it.

View PostZefNinja, on 12 November 2012 - 03:37 AM, said:

Gattling,

But the goons ARE in House Liao, they may not communicate through public channels however, they have chosen this faction, for some reason or other.

#160 ZefNinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 120 posts
  • LocationCape Town

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

Yeah I can only speculate for now. No direct affiliation to us or what we stand for in my humble opinion.

View PostFlawless, on 12 November 2012 - 09:13 AM, said:

I need to get some matches in baaaddddd. Ive been working several weeks straight now and need some mwo.

Yeah dude, wish we could drop sometime soon legend. How it be rolling in the might 03rd's

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users