Whos not declaring for house davion

54 replies to this topic

#21 SirDenOfYork

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationSneads Ferry, North Carolina,U.S.A.

Posted 23 March 2012 - 07:37 AM

Love does not make the World Go Around... Rockets and Shells do... :(

#22 Kensaisama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationRedford, Michigan

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:23 AM

View PostCementblade, on 23 March 2012 - 07:20 AM, said:

i want six in red saying from the boring house davion with love plz <_<
and in return ill give you 10 autocannon hits to the torso from a ac/10 or a ,LB10X AC,AC/20 AC/5,from my dragon,hunchback,and Crab :)

Wait your Dragons a hunchback and has crabs? ;)

View PostAdridos, on 23 March 2012 - 05:12 AM, said:

Can someone remind me of his words when I will crush his mech on the battlefield? :o

There were two reasons, why I did not join Davion:

1st: When I asked, everyone told me about every house and they made it really clear I should not join Davions and because Metro, etc. were the kindest, I jumped on the boat with them. Never looked back. :(

2nd: I consider Davions the real bad guys of the game. As someone from post-communistic state, I could never side with anyone attacking someone "because he has the right to do it". Both USA and Russians done that, and so I never liked them both, same with the game. Davions simply say they want to do good and kill hundreds of innocents who lived well in the process. :blink:

I doubt very much good sir that you will be crushing anything after the special operations group gets done with you :blink: :ph34r: Dare to dream Adridos, dare to dream.

Kensai the wandering warrior

#23 Alan Grant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLooking for hidden caches, within the BT Novels™

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

View PostAdridos, on 23 March 2012 - 05:12 AM, said:

Can someone remind me of his words when I will crush his mech on the battlefield? :blink:

There were two reasons, why I did not join Davion:

1st: When I asked, everyone told me about every house and they made it really clear I should not join Davions and because Metro, etc. were the kindest, I jumped on the boat with them. Never looked back. :(

2nd: I consider Davions the real bad guys of the game. As someone from post-communistic state, I could never side with anyone attacking someone "because he has the right to do it". Both USA and Russians done that, and so I never liked them both, same with the game. Davions simply say they want to do good and kill hundreds of innocents who lived well in the process. :)

I can respect that. I'll show you that respect with a nice present of autocannon fire from my Centurion.

#24 Armored Yokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:17 PM

View PostKensaisama, on 23 March 2012 - 08:23 AM, said:

Wait your Dragons a hunchback and has crabs? ;)

I doubt very much good sir that you will be crushing anything after the special operations group gets done with you :D :D Dare to dream Adridos, dare to dream.

about that i mean the mechs

#25 Alaskan Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • LocationPalin Prime, Capital of the Alaskan Federation of Planets

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:03 PM

The Federated Suns were actually on my short list. I liked the tactical focus of their military and the liberal democratic, (by battletech standards) UK inspired consitutional monarchy form of their society, but they just seemed too....I don't know, goody two shoes? Like the hero of a childrens' cartoon.

Eventually I was drawn to the Free World League's America-India based, decentralized, democratic and capitalist society turned fascist military dictatorship. I still think the FWL has the best backstory/lore of any of the factions. But in the end I just could not NOT join the Libertarian Space viking faction....if I didn't everytime I shot at an FRR mech in multiplayer I would be accused of friendly fire...

Edited by Alaskan Viking, 23 March 2012 - 05:04 PM.

#26 Demi-Precentor Konev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 386 posts
  • LocationDnepropetrovsk, Galedon Military District

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:33 PM

View PostAlaskan Viking, on 23 March 2012 - 05:03 PM, said:

The Federated Suns were actually on my short list. I liked the tactical focus of their military and the liberal democratic, (by battletech standards) UK inspired consitutional monarchy form of their society, but they just seemed too....I don't know, goody two shoes? Like the hero of a childrens' cartoon.

I was on board with this until I read about what a vicious war-monger Hanse Davion is - and then I fell in love.

#27 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:48 AM

View PostAlan Grant, on 23 March 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

I can respect that. I'll show you that respect with a nice present of autocannon fire from my Centurion.

I would fire some modified ammo your way, but I still have not found a way to write "Said so! ;)" on a PPC beam.
If I find a solution, I will make sure you are the one that sees it first. :D

#28 Jack Gammel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationZiliang

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

Nice. Normally I hate to feed the trolls but...

Maybe I will just mosey over to the Liao forum and post a thread titled: "Why are all Liao Players Trolls?" Or maybe the Kurita Thread and post a thread called: "Why are all Draconis Combine Players Otakus?"

Then I could be cool too.

I cannot wait for the actual game to come out. I think a lot of people are forgetting that this forum is structured around a PvP game, and once it is released these issues are going to be settled on the battlefield. And some of us are taking names. B)

#29 Zectorman

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

View PostJack Gammel, on 24 March 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

Nice. Normally I hate to feed the trolls but...

Maybe I will just mosey over to the Liao forum and post a thread titled: "Why are all Liao Players Trolls?" Or maybe the Kurita Thread and post a thread called: "Why are all Draconis Combine Players Otakus?"

Then I could be cool too.

I cannot wait for the actual game to come out. I think a lot of people are forgetting that this forum is structured around a PvP game, and once it is released these issues are going to be settled on the battlefield. And some of us are taking names. B)

Its hard not to troll with the Davion forums filled with threads like "Why house liao should be crushed" , etc.

And i agree with you! i cant wait to settle this the only way we can, through a straight up mech brawl.

#30 Jack Gammel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • LocationZiliang

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:51 PM

View PostZectorman, on 24 March 2012 - 07:41 PM, said:

Its hard not to troll with the Davion forums filled with threads like "Why house liao should be crushed" , etc.

And i agree with you! i cant wait to settle this the only way we can, through a straight up mech brawl.

Regardless of how people felt about those threads, they were all posted on the Davion forums. To the best of my knowledge no Davion-affiliated player has gone onto any other House thread and posted obviously inflammatory topics about the respective Factions just to get a rise.

I might have something to say if a Liao player posted an anti-Davion thread on the Liao forum, but I would respect the right for Capellan players to talk about how much they want to beat up the Davions (at least from a roleplaying perspective). There's a significant difference between that and (for the sake of example) a Marik player going into the Steiner forum and posting a topic titled: "Why are teh Steiners Suxors?!"

Edited by Jack Gammel, 24 March 2012 - 08:03 PM.

#31 Youngblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationGMT -6

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

Love ya guys. Some of you can be a real fun bunch to play with, especially the ones who can RP Black Hat Davions. For reference, I'm talking about Davions like these:

Posted ImageYes, it's Clayton from Disney's Tarzan.

Anyways, Davion stuff has always been pretty cool, lots of interesting ideas with strategic and tactical doctrine (enough to make up for all the lame dead horse fanboyish AFFC junk anyways), plus they end up with 'Mechs that allow for most of the fun stuff I like to do too, be it pelting targets on the move with missiles or bum-rushing them with lasers and heavy autocannons.

Anyone who likes Gauss-toting AFFC assault 'Mechs are closet Lyrans, by the way. (Surly Franco-English military men with big overcompensating guns!)

#32 Stone Profit

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:19 PM

Why all the hate for the best House in BT? We don't put up threads showing how your House lacks character and intelligence even though it is painfully obvious. But you know how it goes, haters gonna hate, it just shows they're jealous of the Federated Suns and how awesome we are.

#33 CrashDown12b

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWashington State. USA.

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:20 PM

House Davion and House Steiner both are like two kids fighting over toys! Maybe not so much when it was the FedCom under Hanse Davion rule. Anyway, Im a fan of the clans! So its the FRR for me if I cant be a Clanner. want to be a Bear, or even a Wolf..... Oh well FRR will do. You all can keep the brother and sister constantly fighting them selves. See you all on the field!! B)

#34 CrashDown12b

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationWashington State. USA.

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

Speaking of toys, the Clans have always had the best toys too!!!

#35 Karyudo ds

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:33 PM

View PostCementblade, on 22 March 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

Me im not declaring house davion boring and time wasting my Urbanmech can run faster than u guys
Note all of u are boring
(well not really ment to hurt u guys but u know the rules DC and FS are enemies)

Yeah well we heard you guys pet kittens in your spare time.

#36 Thom Frankfurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:40 PM

I'm not into being on the bandwagon. I like the color green. I like underdogs. And I always roots for the badguy...

Stackpole villianized the Cappies, glorified the Davies. Not fair.

I'm looking forward to terrozing you with my Vindicator/Blackjack/Cataphract. Hopefully I get to ride around with one of those.

#37 Demi-Precentor Konev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 386 posts
  • LocationDnepropetrovsk, Galedon Military District

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

View PostThom Frankfurt, on 24 March 2012 - 08:40 PM, said:

Stackpole villianized the Cappies, glorified the Davies. Not fair.

Having just started the third book of the Kerensky trilogy, I'm seeing Stackpole portray Hanse as more and more of the "hawkish" and ruthless person he is.

Every novel needs a protagonist and antagonist. Sorry, it's just how things work. In the Warrior trilogy, the Cappies were the antagonists (although Justin Allard's story fought against that for a short while) and they were good at it because they were *crazy*.

In the Kerensky books, the Crusader Clans are the big bad guys. The Houses are shown being overwhelmed with petty infighting. Most of the main characters are whiny and caught up in personal drama. The real protagonists there quickly appear to be Phelan and the Warden Wolves.

#38 Kensaisama

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationRedford, Michigan

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:23 AM

Methinks some of you are taking this a little to seriously, have fun with it and roleplay a bit like I have. B)

#39 Strumtruppen

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:46 AM

I had a really hard choice between Steiner and Davion but me being the money loveing mechwarrior i am i chose steiner not to mention all the assult mechs that can take the hits for me while i run about in my medium

#40 Thom Frankfurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

View PostKensaisama, on 25 March 2012 - 05:23 AM, said:

Methinks some of you are taking this a little to seriously, have fun with it and roleplay a bit like I have. :)

Thank you.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users