#21 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:45 AM

View PostWyzak, on 12 April 2012 - 08:49 AM, said:

10th Lyran Guards of course. Do they exist yet?

Tenth do exist, kinda, but they are pretty much nowhere at the moment, after their last battle in which Katrina Steiner sent them on a suicide mission with Frederick Steiner into kurita space in the hope of stopping the Kurita offensive, almost finishing them as a unit at Dromini.

http://www.sarna.net...th_Lyran_Guards

A t this point in the timeline, they are considered Green and not good for much.

#22 Chatanith Raeven

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

1ST Aragon Borderers..... Just saying :)

#23 Shootanoob

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 248 posts
  • Locationin a Jenner right behind you

Posted 01 May 2012 - 12:15 PM

The Guards - any (of course not the Lyrans, they're no Davion/FedSuns units). No bigger honour than serving to protect the royal household.

Ok, and maybe the 7th Crucis Lanciers, they're also pretty tough guys.

#24 Easy 8

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:34 PM

View PostCorvail, on 12 April 2012 - 08:06 AM, said:

1st Ceti Hussars, a unit formed by former SLDF troops, and held the line against the Clans during the Jade Falcon invasion, again against the Snakes during the Fedcom Civil War, and not to mention their unit history includes the death of a Chancellor from Liao (apologies to Liao fans) "Plus a big fan of Leap Frog Assaults"

Damned right it is! Combined arms tactics are great. The unit has a long history of spectacular victories http://www.sarna.net...st_Ceti_Hussars Too bad it is often so overshadowed by other units. Love their paint scheme too.

#25 Tincan Nightmare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:48 PM

What no love for the Avalon Hussars? Just read this from sarna
The Avalon Hussars are the descendants of the Terran Alliance Marines that served on the world of New Avalon in the early age of human extraterrestrial colonization. The unit decided to defend New Avalon after being stranded by the Democratic Proclamation, and pledged their loyalty to Lucien Davion when the Crucis Reach joined the Federated Suns. At its zenith, the Avalon Hussars defended the entire Combine border with 26 BattleMech regiments and 32 conventional regiments. Though a shadow of its former glory, today the Hussars are the heart of the AFFS, a group of units loyal to House Davion and to the ideals of the Federated Suns.

Oh and another favorite, the Deneb Light Cavalry.

Edited by Tincan Nightmare, 05 May 2012 - 11:50 PM.

#26 Pvt Dancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:56 PM

Can't pick a Fav... that is why I am Davion.

#27 Inappropriate914

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 14 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

i would say the Avalon Guard

#28 Radagast

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:42 PM

Truly......There can be only one!!

Rad

#29 chaz706

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Utah

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:01 PM

No love for the Deneb Light Cav serving in the Sarna March? One of the Oldest Military Organizations out there with ties to the original Star League?

We joined up because we liked you too!

#30 Gun Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationGarrison duty on some FWL Planet and itching for action.

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

Whichever I am crushing beneath the metallic feat of my Battlemech!

#31 Slickdaddy

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:46 PM

Davion Heavy Guards

A full RCT of the best.

#32 Colonel Cody

• PipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBoston; MA

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:57 AM

My choice would be the 1st Kathil Uhlans, esepcially in the beginning. They were the mustangs, coming up in the non-academy lines, fighting the best the enemy had to offer in throwaway mechs, surviviny? Yes. THRIVING to be accurate. And as far as a Regiment, I have always been partial to both the 1st Armored Cav and the 1st Heavy Guards.

#33 Voridan Atreides

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

1stRR. Give em' all the pain you can.

The Robinson Rangers arrived on Mallory's World to reinforce the AFFS forces there. Though they missed most of the fighting, they did fight the 9th Benjamin Regulars outside the city of Harrison's Ferry. The order to retreat off-world reached the Regulars but the Rangers pursued them all the way to their landing zones, and continued firing on the Combine unit until their DropShips left the world.

Edited by Voridan Atreides, 30 May 2012 - 09:53 AM.

#34 Justy

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 06:55 AM

1st Davion Guards are the best! =)

#35 Skekz

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationDerby, Kansas, USA

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

I find it hard to just pick one unit as the best. There are so many that have phenomenal battle records. How do u say which medal of honor winner is better than any other? I'm not sure there is a "best" unit.

#36 Ouranos

• PipPip
  • The Privateer
  • 27 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

I don't know enough of the direct unit lore to pick. But would love to learn! Even join a regiment if they're forming. Ouranos, callsign Paladin, regularly a heavy pilot and fire support, medium to close range. Any suggestions on where I would belong?

#37 Claw55

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationPlanet Robinson, Draconis March

Posted 03 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

Unquestionably the 1st Robinson Rangers.

Okay, maybe I question it a little...

#38 Raphael DuLoch

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

1st Kathil Ulans readily comes to mind, but there are the Avalon Hussars and the Crusis Lancers as well. Davion forces have a lot of depth when it comes to battlefield experience. Take a look at the origins of the 1st Kathil Ulans, the core of the unit was the 5th Fussiliers (what was left of them after getting mauled by MacCarrons Armored Calvary towards the end of the 4th SW), Delta Company which was born out of a training Militia.

#39 Azimilia

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

1st Kathil Uhalans! One of the most badass units to grace the AFFS.

#40 Rion Raios

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

I'd go with either the Kathil Uhlans or the Revenants - Victor Davinn's reborn 10th Lyran Guards - but I think the timeframe MWO is in means they may not be around just yet. Or, yes, the 10th Lyrans are not yet the Revenants.

I guess I'll go with any Davion Guard or Crucis Lancers regiment for the meantime ;)

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users