Death From Above.

2 replies to this topic

#1 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 02 November 2011 - 01:54 PM

can this game have a realistic model of it? i have never seen it work properly in MW 2-4. if i drop a 70 ton summoner on top of a 50 ton nova's head I don't care how much armor it has that thing is dead. IS version. if i drop my 95-ton highlander on top of a marauder or catapult, they are going to be destroyed by the shear weight. however if this is implemented with realistic damage models, it is going to have to be a massive risk just like it was in the books. sometimes you may get lucky and come out of it undamaged but a lot of times the impact from the hit should send you sprawling after you overbalance and flip you over the mech you just landed on.

#2 saber15

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 93 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:02 PM

DFAing actually worked well in MW4, it was just unbelievably hard to do, since you needed to build up falling speed to really do damage. Once or twice I've dropped a Marauder II on some poor *******'s head, and it pretty much nearly kills them.

#3 Elucid Ward

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus

Posted 02 November 2011 - 02:20 PM

DFA would also smash your leg actuators and myomer bundles... infact, I dare say that it would pretty much destroy your legs, and if not, internally maul them through shear metal on metal stress.

Which is why I think it was frowned upon. So sure, have DFA mechanics - but make sure the cost associated is decently high.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users