Great interest in the game

9 replies to this topic

#1 Corvail

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:22 AM

The only good guys in the Canon were generally led by Victor Steiner Davion. So Federated Commonwealth all the way peeps. Granted it will split up down the road.

After the civil war debacle. It would be nice to finally check out the Word of Blake Jihad, as that is content that has lots of room to be played with, especially in regards to adding massive scale space warfare. Peter Steiner Davion gets replaced by Adam Steiner for the Lyran Alliance/Commanwealth, and Yvonne Steiner-Davion for the Federated Suns. Can't wait for the civil war, hope there is an FC alliance in the first part,
otherwise that will throw me off right at the bat. I don't mind reboots of franchises, but the moment they go off canon, it could be an instant turn off.

Takashi is insane, Thomas Marik is a Comstar/Word of Blake plant, and Romano Liao is bat crazy. The Clans have become warped due to the fallout from the Star League civil war, so there warrior society is class based, and completely out of touch. The Crusaders are the bad factions of the clan, where the Wardens see the clans as protectors of the Inner Sphere, and considered to be the good guy faction.

Will be interesting to see how that story gets played up. Personally this is a good chance to see how Piranha games can deliver for the franchise, otherwise I will be waiting for Bioware to pick it up at some point down the road.

#2 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:45 AM

View PostCorvail, on 18 March 2012 - 02:22 AM, said:

Will be interesting to see how that story gets played up. Personally this is a good chance to see how Piranha games can deliver for the franchise, otherwise I will be waiting for Bioware to pick it up at some point down the road.

Your post seemed good, until the very last sentence. :unsure:

Oh, and Daviots are not the "good guys", they are right now, because they should represent USA and the game was written during Cold War, but their interest is asgood as that of others. I mean, c´mon. Slaughtering milions of inocents to "liberate" someone? How could anyone see them as good? :)

It is the same as in Cold War. USA wanted to "liberate" Russians and they wanted to "liberate" USA. Both of these are just plain propaganda and neither of them was good. I know you would say "Ok, Davions are USA.", but if you think of it, they are as much USA as Russians. Everything fits, damn, even their system is closer to USSR. ;)

Learn to look at things from different perspective. B)

#3 Wyzak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 256 posts
  • LocationHartford, Vermont

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:15 AM

Not all Steiners are bad just because of Katrina ;) Also that's over ten years from now.

#4 Demi-Precentor Konev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 386 posts
  • LocationDnepropetrovsk, Galedon Military District

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:15 AM

No reason for relations to sour. Going into the Clan Invasion public support for the alliance was very high. I'll be quite happy with our great Lyran friends right up until 3062. Which is a ways off.

#5 Qin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 186 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:58 AM

View PostAdridos, on 18 March 2012 - 02:45 AM, said:

Oh, and Daviots are not the "good guys", they are right now, because they should represent USA and the game was written during Cold War, but their interest is asgood as that of others. I mean, c´mon. Slaughtering milions of inocents to "liberate" someone? How could anyone see them as good? :)

It is the same as in Cold War. USA wanted to "liberate" Russians and they wanted to "liberate" USA. Both of these are just plain propaganda and neither of them was good. I know you would say "Ok, Davions are USA.", but if you think of it, they are as much USA as Russians. Everything fits, damn, even their system is closer to USSR. ;)

Actually House Davion has Great Britain and France as origin. Davion comes from the french d'Avignon. *polishes his broadsword* we are full of the symbols of king Arthur etc.

#6 Stone Profit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:16 AM

View PostAdridos, on 18 March 2012 - 02:45 AM, said:

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter, etc

#7 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:18 AM

View PostQin, on 18 March 2012 - 09:58 AM, said:

Actually House Davion has Great Britain and France as origin. Davion comes from the french d'Avignon. *polishes his broadsword* we are full of the symbols of king Arthur etc.

And where are most Americans from...? ;)

#8 Qin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 186 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

View PostAdridos, on 18 March 2012 - 10:18 AM, said:

Ssssshhhttt dont tell them that.... :)

#9 Damocles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

View PostAdridos, on 18 March 2012 - 10:18 AM, said:

Latin america?

#10 Storm McIntyre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

View PostDamocles, on 18 March 2012 - 12:52 PM, said:

Latin america?

;)

Hmmm.... There might be some statistics somewhere that backs that up, I'm almost certain....

Edited by Storm McIntyre, 18 March 2012 - 01:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users