• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 44 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWesley, IA

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

No f-ing way is Yen-Lo-Wang piloted by anyone in this game going to equal Kai.

#122 Alex Wolfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

View PostVasilyZaitsev, on 19 October 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

No f-ing way is Yen-Lo-Wang piloted by anyone in this game going to equal Kai.

It would... if it was written to be a protagosupermarymanmech like that.

Paper is patient :) .

#123 Jack Starborn

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

View PostThontor, on 19 October 2012 - 12:34 PM, said:

Show me where, in the source you provided, that they mention any other game

To bad they edit that article. I wish I did screenshot.
There was a sentence clearly clearly states that collected money will be used to fund not only MWO, but also Mechwarrior Tactics and game has nothing to do with the BattleTech universe, the Sins Of Dark Ages.

http://www.tomshardw...news-40611.html

Edited by Jack Starborn, 20 October 2012 - 02:31 AM.

#124 Banekane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Locationohio usa

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

View PostJack Starborn, on 20 October 2012 - 02:24 AM, said:

To bad they edit that article. I wish I did screenshot.
There was a sentence clearly clearly states that collected money will be used to fund not only MWO, but also Mechwarrior Tactics and game has nothing to do with the BattleTech universe, the Sins Of Dark Ages.

http://www.tomshardw...news-40611.html

producers get their money from somewhere to give to developers im shure that the mechwarrior tactics and sins of a dark age playerbases are ponying up some cash to IGP to not just PGIs founders any multi game producers are in the same way as IGP for instance EA Sony and man many other top level companys have the same to deal with

instead of ruining a reveal thread like this try setting a seperate topic on it elsewhere

now to get back to on topic YLW still will not be optimal at this moment as many pointed out it was a desighned melee mech and unless melee is implemented it is just another random medium mech to kill

#125 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

Posted Image

#126 Banekane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Locationohio usa

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

View PostMason Grimm, on 20 October 2012 - 10:37 AM, said:

Posted Image

not saying its not YLW just saying it seems not a optimal choice as YLWs main features that make it stand out other than paint was its melee weapon the claws and hatchets and stuff just saying the butterbee would been a better choice at this moment as a hero design untill melee was involved than bring out YLW

#127 Jmb

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

View PostCalon Farstar, on 19 October 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

Eh.. Maybe it will be painted green with credit symbols all over it.... :(

Sorry the Bounty Hunter only used the Marauder, Marauder II, and the Mad Cat he took from a clanner.

And yes, that is what he is called as no one really knows who it is at this time as he always wears a body armor. (Most likely changes without our knowing to be near 'immortal')

Edited by Jmb, 20 October 2012 - 02:26 PM.

#128 Justin Xang Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 219 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

i cant wait!!!!

#129 Mason Grimm

Com Guard / Technician

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,886 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

View PostJmb, on 20 October 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

Sorry the Bounty Hunter only used the Marauder, Marauder II, and the Mad Cat he took from a clanner.

And yes, that is what he is called as no one really knows who it is at this time as he always wears a body armor. (Most likely changes without our knowing to be near 'immortal')

the Bounty Hunter is actually a few different people depending on the timeline. It's an interesting story that they never really fleshed out as much as they could have.

#130 DerelictTomcat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 245 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationEast Coast USA

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

Looks *cough* pretty Awesome to me *cough*

#131 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

As a frequent Centurion user, I will say I'm happy to see Yen-Lo-Wang. Whether it's the original one or the 3050-refitted one, I don't mind to have either of it.

Speaking of the rear-mounted MPLAS, how are we supposed to use it?

#132 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:51 AM

View PostDraken X, on 21 October 2012 - 01:27 AM, said:

As a frequent Centurion user, I will say I'm happy to see Yen-Lo-Wang. Whether it's the original one or the 3050-refitted one, I don't mind to have either of it.

Speaking of the rear-mounted MPLAS, how are we supposed to use it?

There is no rear mounted weapon in MW computergames.
It will probably change into more forward aiming weapons.

#133 Draken X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 320 posts
  • LocationGMT+8

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:14 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 21 October 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

There is no rear mounted weapon in MW computergames.
It will probably change into more forward aiming weapons.

Just like any other Centurion variants in this game, gotcha.
But then again, outside of MW games, how do pilot aim and fire their rear-mounted weapons?

#134 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

Not true. :) Natasha Kerensky's Warhammer was originally owned by the Bounty Hunter. He bested her with said Warhammer and walked off with her original mech, the Marauder he piloted as noted above. He left his Warhammer behind, and she picked it up naming it 'Widowmaker.'

"Always a MechWarrior, the Bounty Hunter usually piloted a Marauder which was originally Natasha Kerensky's. Further, Natasha's signature Warhammer was said to be the Bounty Hunter's original 'Mech. Later he was seen piloing a Marauder and a Mad Cat. His 'Mechs were always painted a bright green with currency symbols painted on it and were a feared sight on the battlefield."

http://www.sarna.net...i/Bounty_Hunter

View PostJmb, on 19 October 2012 - 11:53 AM, said:

To be honest, I was thinking like Morgan Kell or Jaime Wolf when they said hero, as those two were the biggest bad ***** of their time (not to mention well into the clan invasion) but they used Archers. Kai Allard-Liao wasn't known at this time, and Justin Allard (or Justin Xiang as he was known on Solaris VII) was a spy, above average to be sure, but hardly the untouchable warrior.

Yeah, the Fox's chief intel officer was just a spy, and he was just an above average SOLARIS CHAMPION. B) I imagine he'd just be a 'pretty good' mechwarrior if he had two arms... (Note, he killed the one who crippled him, the most deadly mechwarrior in Solaris ever, Gray Noton in mech to mech combat.) Yeah, he was just above average... :)

"Later in November, he and others of heroes of the war. Prince Hanse Davion, brought him to the stage and went over the events lead to one of the Federated Suns's daring espionage where Justin Allard sacrificed all he was for his nation. For risking all, and rescuing fellow deep cover agent Alexi Mallory, he rewarded the Medal Excalibur and inducted into Order of Davion."

http://www.sarna.net...i/Justin_Allard

Edited by Peiper, 21 October 2012 - 02:08 PM.

#135 VasilyZaitsev

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 44 posts
  • LocationWesley, IA

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

Heh, sounds like The Stig

#136 VasilyZaitsev

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 44 posts
  • LocationWesley, IA

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

View PostDraken X, on 21 October 2012 - 02:14 AM, said:

Just like any other Centurion variants in this game, gotcha.
But then again, outside of MW games, how do pilot aim and fire their rear-mounted weapons?

In "real" life, at least in Lethal Heritage, the 'viewscreen' showed a condensed 360* view, but IMHO that would make for some tricky shooting, especially in a particularly intense firefight. What's more likely would be an overhead display showing a rearward camera and probably a rearward reticle selection to switch your controls temporarily. Maybe?

#137 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

"The only known people to assume the Bounty Hunter identity were Michi Noketsuna and Vic Travers, who inherited the equipment, as well as an ancient book refered to as "the tradition"."

From Sarna.net again.

But we don't know who 'the Stig' is, ever.... :)

Edited by Peiper, 21 October 2012 - 08:13 PM.

#138 Deathspore

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationXenia OH

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

Could this be the dreaded Centurion Maximus? It too was a modified Centurion that sported a AC or gauss (can't remember now) that showed up in a old Battle Technology magazine (issue #15) years and years ago. I believe that it was a heavy class chassis.

Edited by Deathspore, 22 October 2012 - 07:27 AM.

#139 Banekane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Locationohio usa

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

View PostDeathspore, on 22 October 2012 - 07:15 AM, said:

Could this be the dreaded Centurion Maximus? It too was a modified Centurion that sported a AC or gauss (can't remember now) that showed up in a old Battle Technology magazine (issue #15) years and years ago. I believe that it was a heavy class chassis.

the centurion was and always be a medium chassis any heavier variants get renamed like with the dragon and its heavier counterpart the grand dragon or the MAD Cat and its assault variant MAD CAT II so in essance that mech you are reffirng goes by a totally different name as well so little info is out on that mech chassis as probably it only has 1 variant and not enough detail on it but if they did decide to use the cent maximus i would like to see the source they got to set up its hardpoints

Edit there was a larger counterpart design for the Centurion made by federated suns to the Centurion called the Legionnaire

however the exact replication of a larger chassis failed they went with a new look based off the Blitzkrieg design

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Legionnaire

Edited by Banekane, 22 October 2012 - 10:03 AM.

#140 sirjackinthebox

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 70 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

Ther rework of the Highlander does look alot like a massive beefed up vertion of the Cenruion might put a bit of justice to the centurion look since structuraly it was a bit of a failure, hopefully will be better better with the Hylander...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users