Mekwars Legends

7 replies to this topic

#1 Niall78

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

"I remember when it was announced almost 30 years ago. The Federated Commonwealth; they said it was the beginning of a new era of prosperity for the Lyran people. I was 18 then, bright-eyed, and eager to serve in what we Lyrans thought would be a new Star League. I believed it when the Archon told us peace had come. That was four wars ago for me.

Looking back I wonder if some god somewhere is trying to punish us for our hubris. My brother Karl died fighting the clans 16 years ago. The Civil War came, and my brother Otto died fighting the Fedsuns. My brother Aramis died - fighting me.

I am 45 years old now, whats left of me. I have more mechanical parts then my Fafnir. Word just came from regimental HQ - we are heading out to the front against the Falcons. Perhaps soon I will join my brothers. Perhaps soon I will know if there is a Valhalla."

- The journal of Hauptmann Benjamin Von Bertuz, 5th Donegal Guards

It is 3067. Soon the Inner Sphere's leaders will make their way to Tharkad for the 4th Whitting Conference. Some say a new first Lord will be elected, but those that know the "sphere" sense something lurking beneath... Rumblings of war.

Already the Chaos March is in flames. The scars of Civil war have not healed for those who remember the horrors that accompanied the tearing asunder of the Fed-Com state. The Wolves and Falcons look toward Rasalhague and Lyran space with hungry eyes, straining at the oaths that bind them from fulfilling Kerensky's destiny. House Liao has risen to dizzying heights, much to the displeasure of the bellicose march lords in Davion space. The Periphery is abuzz with whispers of Blake's ghostly hand, and the Dragon steels its scales to ward the Bears' claws.

To those that call the Inner Sphere home, it is not a question of if war is coming; only when. As the inevitable storm begins, will you rise above the fallen? Will you fulfill your destiny? Will you become... a Legend?

Welcome to the 5th season of Mekwars: Legends. Established by a bunch of nerds back in spring of 2009, Mekwars: Legends is an online Battletech Campaign beginning in the tumultuous year of 3067. A volunteer project, it is run by BattleTech fans for BattleTech fans. Enjoy!!!

Become a Legend! Sixty plus players on at any one time, from all over the world, fighting the jihad battle by battle. We welcome world beating veterans, the person who has never played before and everyone in between. Grab the client, join your favorite faction and strap into your mech, aero, tank or battle suit.

Download the client from : http://www.mekwarsle.../Home_Page.html

Will give you guys something Mech related to get your teeth into before the fun kicks off here.

This is the ideal setting for those that want to learn and play TT Battletech on their computer.

Edited by Niall78, 24 March 2012 - 05:11 PM.

#2 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

I play on this server and have tons of fun. Takes a little bit to get setup, but totally worth it!

#3 Anita Chess

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

So sayeth the 2 1post accounts

#4 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:17 PM

Discriminating for lack of posts? Really? =-\

#5 Niall78

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:37 PM

View PostAnita Chess, on 24 March 2012 - 06:15 PM, said:

So sayeth the 2 1post accounts

Sharing with the Battletech community mate. I'm looking forward to 'Mechwarrior Online' as much as the most ardent fan here. I also like my TT and many posters in this section of the forums have asked how they could learn or try the TT game. This is an option for them to do that, free of charge and from the comfort of home.

Edited by Niall78, 24 March 2012 - 06:53 PM.

#6 Demi-Precentor Konev

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 386 posts
  • LocationDnepropetrovsk, Galedon Military District

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:33 PM

I've got 260+ posts. Will that assuage your concerns? B)

MW:L is quality stuff. Granted, the level of play is very high and if you're not on top of your game those guys will eat you up. But if you can take a loss, you can learn a lot and have fun doing it. I try to get in a game every 2-3 days at the least. Highly recommend it - especially now that the Campaign Chronicle posts are getting churned out. Those are great fun to read.

Edited by lahyenne, 24 March 2012 - 10:34 PM.

#7 Duncan Jr Fischer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 493 posts
  • LocationKyiv

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:56 PM

Played MMNet and it's variations for several years (and from what I see, this MW:L is the same good old MMNet), and those were fantastic times, but since then I haven't played for 5 years at least =)
Now my first thought was to dive in again, but I'm a fan of TT 3025-3039 (the fairest era) and I don't like the balance after those years. So I pass =)

Edited by Duncan Jr Fischer, 24 March 2012 - 10:59 PM.

#8 Anony Mouse

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationSabaku no Hana, Misery, Draconis Combine

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:10 AM

I've played on most of the various MMNet servers over the last decade or so, and as for the community and the spirit of the game, legends is easily the best. I'm like a lot of old school players and blanch a little at anything past 3039, but in the long run Legends meta-game/campaign and the (majority of) peers and opponents you'll have make dealing with fascist space native americans(the clans and 3050+ tech), worth it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users