CASE allocations in TT?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Norris J Packard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

Hey guys, I was wondering if CASE could be put in places outside of the Torso hardpoints in TT. Or if it was restricted to those locations and couldn't be put in say, the arms or legs.

#2 Norris J Packard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

Wonderful, thank you Thontor.

One more thing, but off-topic.

Do you know what book I can pick up that will tell me the maximum armor values for Mechs of certain tonnages?

#3 GhostRuhster

• Pip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Your best be would be the TechManual. Or an older edition of the rules, such as the Master Rules or BattleTech Compendium Just be warned, all the 'Mechs in MWO have double the max armor value for each location than what the TT game has.

#4 Arctic Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 427 posts
  • LocationLuyten 68-28

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:36 AM

View PostThontor, on 21 October 2012 - 08:50 PM, said:

Inner Sphere CASE is restricted to the torso. The clans can put their CASE in the arms as well.

Indeed, but do note that Clans actually get their CASE for free wherever they have explosive equipment; they don't have to allocate tonnage and criticals for it. Also, CASE II, both the Inner Sphere and Clan versions, can be placed in any location on the 'Mech as well.

#5 Katsumi Grant

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:01 AM

It bears noting again that CASE with Inner Sphere XL meant that you were still totally out of the fight if ammo in your torso exploded, but at least they'd be able to haul the rest of your 'Mech off the field in one piece instead of ten thousand.

#6 Sidney

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:41 AM

View PostNorris J Packard, on 21 October 2012 - 08:53 PM, said:

Do you know what book I can pick up that will tell me the maximum armor values for Mechs of certain tonnages?

With the exception of the head, the maximum armour (in points) is twice that of the internal structure.

E.g, you can put 30 points of armour on an arm that has 15 internal structure, or a (combined) total of 46 on a side torso that has 23 internal structure. I.e, 40 on the front and 6 on the back, or 38 on the front and 8 on the back.

The head has a maximum of 9 for every 'mech.

The weight ratios for the various armour are all found in Techmanual (as Ghost 513 said) or Tactical Operations (which has the advanced armour types such as Ferro-Lamellor armour)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users