Any old MW3 zone players ?

64 replies to this topic

#21 Karn Bloodstar

• PipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:01 PM

I was also a part of the zone, even though I hated lag shooting. I miss it still.

#22 Tamama

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:02 PM

Didn't play much MW3, but sometimes I miss the zone/kali for MW2.

Let's hope MWO can captivate as much as the games of old times

DS Tamama Kalasa

#23 Creel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:06 PM

I was a pretty rabid anit-mod fan. I was all about the Scat A in league matches.

#24 Butane

• Pip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNebraska, USofA

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:10 PM

i used to play with Echo Company back in the MW3 days. i almost mist the 12 erml scat league matches lol. Echo Company turned into Death Dealer Mercs for MW4V, a finer group of gamers ive never met. i remember fondly holding 1st in mw4's BZ league for over a year lol... ah, the good ole days

#25 Damocles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:15 PM

KOE_Hades_SC or GV_Hades back in the day. Rolled usually in a 14~MG Scat but played a lot of C5/C1.
and hail to the old 4AC20 Sunder

#26 Gorthaur

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 186 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:28 PM

View PostCreel, on 03 November 2011 - 01:06 PM, said:

I was a pretty rabid anit-mod fan. I was all about the Scat A in league matches.

A and prime were both good. i used to annoy the **** out of people by bidding stock in CZ and take a scat A

#27 Crush Libs

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:36 PM

KH_Panther here

nothing like standing in water with 8 med lasers and group firing standing in water to kill the 16 flamer puma who was running at 200+ kph at you.

Dual UAC-20s ***drool***

Oh the good old days

#28 Odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 498 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:45 PM

Yes, LAGWarrior - I'll remember very well!

Oh, those Scats smallaser boats running circles around your Sunder.
LOL , I had to lead 6 mech lengths sometimes to get the little sucker.

But beside this, we also had epic battles and cool missions with friends ...any jolly roger pirates left out there?

#29 Creel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:53 PM

Panther! What is up? You still in OKC?

#30 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:37 PM

Still here. :)

#31 Chris Fetladral

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

Gimpoid_Wolfen (Wolfen on DSC website) back in MW3/MW4. Wasn't much of a league player though.

#32 Kilazar

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSomewhere just left of nowhere.

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:07 PM

View PostCrush_Libs, on 03 November 2011 - 01:36 PM, said:

KH_Panther here

nothing like standing in water with 8 med lasers and group firing standing in water to kill the 16 flamer puma who was running at 200+ kph at you.

Dual UAC-20s ***drool***

Oh the good old days

Sup man, long time no see!

#33 Niccollo Mercer

• PipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:42 PM

I don't miss the flamer Pumas. I was WDSxJoshuaWolf for the most part.

#34 bert bargo

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:28 AM

View PostSadnebula, on 02 November 2011 - 04:16 PM, said:

lag shooting, laser boats , ladder tourneys ... back in the old days

I only ever played like, 3 times on the zone.. precisely because of this. I didnt like mw3 multiplayer cuz it was basically the boating championships

#35 S3dition

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,633 posts
  • LocationWashington, USA

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:32 AM

I remember loading up a bushwacker with 14 machine guns and charging in. Run out of ammo fast, but its like getting hit by half a dozen LBX-AC20 at point blank.

#36 bqq

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationNY (USA)

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:20 PM

MW3 is my favorite game of all time!

I went by many names but most memorable would be EVIL - so it was BH_EVIL and/or 12th_EVIL (Iam sure I was in other clans as well but Iam burnt and cant remember) - I must admit - I was pretty good - Did many 2v1 and 3v1 - towards the end it was very hard to even find matches so I had to keep changing my name. Didnt get into MW4 as much...

Id like to know if any of the following MW3 players are here: Buzzlightbeer? Panzer? Snoop? man - many others that were elite pilots that I use to love to battle. Gawd I hate having NO memory - LOL

#37 Hayden

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:32 PM

I played on the zone. My fondest memory is standing toe to toe with a Madcat in a Firefly and winning. I was playing a 2 on 2 match with my best friend against two strangers, a Madcat (Tag: LymphoidKitty) and I believe a Shadowcat. I was in a Firefly, and I really can't recall what my friend piloted. Anyway, we broke off into two duels. I focused on hit-and-run tactics, I had modified my firefly with the heaviest engine I could put in plus a MASC: aside from armor the only equipment I had was a single head-mounted medium pulse laser. The 'Mech should have never been in combat. I did several passes, getting in cheap hits where I could until I made a huge mistake: coming in too close, my Firefly slammed into LymphoidKitty's 75 tons of death, head on. Twin PPC bolts flew over my head, I knew I had to make this count. I aimed as best I could (it was point blank, so that helped), and in began whittling away at her (I'm assuming it was a woman) cockpit armor. She got a few hits in, but ultimately it was too late: She folded just as my concerned friend turned to help me.

Cockpit shot.

And that's the time I stood toe to toe with a Madcat and won.

#38 Red Dog

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:58 PM

I played on the Zone since Netmech / Mercs up through MW4 (for a little while until it became apparent that MW3 & 4 were nowhere near the same quality games as Mech2 & Mercs).

I competed in the Zone MW3 tournament that awarded the Harley motorcycles if anyone remembers that. I made it to the final match where they would have flown me out to Seattle, but I was under 18, and the rules stipulated that you had to be 18+ to join the tournament. I didn't think I'd ever make it far enough to have to prove my age, so.... lol =\ Had to drop out and they gave the spot to the next in line, who I think ended up winning the bike.

#39 eXecute

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationIn Space

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:00 PM

Long and hated (or fun to pick on kid) SI_Wolfboy is here..... Also called the hacker by the old guys that played on GamySpy after the zone went down.

#40 Red Dog

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:20 PM

The one terrible quality of MW3 was the fact that it was exceptionally easy to hex edit the code to remove all heat, which is why the multiplayer games were so heavily populated with laser boats. Players would just fill up their mechs with 0 heat sinks and as many ER Large Lasers as their mechs could possibly fit. Then they just held down their mouse button to victory. It was a very badly coded game IMO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users