Gameplay Types

7 replies to this topic

#1 KaoS Hazard

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:28 PM

We should be talking about gameplay types and the settings you can change within them, not arguing whether a setting should or shouldn't be in the game. I think that flexible game types are needed for this to be a successful game.

The host should be able to pick among different gameplay types and whatever other settings.

Traditional MW4 game types:
Team Att./Att
Team DM/DM
CTF
King of the Hill

Battlefield type:
Titan/Multi King of the Hill

Game Settings:
Time
Respawn/No Respawn
Number of teams
Team tonnage restriction
Individual tonnage restriction
Stock/Customized
Radar Settings
Heat/No heat
Limited Ammo/Unlimited Ammo
1st person/3rd person

Edited by KaoS_Hazard, 02 November 2011 - 04:51 PM.

#2 Asmudius Heng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 2,429 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:38 PM

I persoanlly like the idea of takign some elements of a game like battlefield where you have to capture multiple points and hold them ... or some of the interesting stuff chrome hounds did as well.

Some of the old game types seem like an anacronism to me.

#3 Andrew Harvey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationCornfield, Indiana

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:40 PM

View PostKaoS_Hazard, on 02 November 2011 - 04:28 PM, said:

We should be talking about gameplay types and the settings you can change within them, not arguing whether a setting should or shouldn't be in the game. I think that flexible game types are needed for this to be a successful game.

The host should be able to pick among different gameplay types and whatever other settings.

Game type:

Team Attrition
Attrition
Team Destruction
Destruction
King of the Hill
Capture the Flag

Game Settings:

Time
Respawn/No Respawn
Number of teams
Team tonnage restriction
Individual tonnage restriction
Stock/Customized
Radar Settings
Heat/No heat
Limited Ammo/Unlimited Ammo
1st person/3rd person

Well they already mentioned two of the game modes; Conquest and Deathmatch, with multiple variations for the latter game mode. I agree that having additional game modes would be nice. However, since we don't know how they plan on structuring multiplayer, we can't tell if we'll be able to have control of game setting variables. If they adopt a distributed server setup rather than use dedicated servers, we probably won't have much say. I would be against the use of distributed servers, but it's too early to tell which way they'll go with that.

#4 KaoS Hazard

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:40 PM

I played some BF2142 like a year or two ago and really enjoyed those titan games. Sort of what you described where you take control of a missile silo and after a little bit it fires a missile at the other team's base.

Good idea.

#5 Asmudius Heng

• Survivor
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:45 PM

View PostKaoS_Hazard, on 02 November 2011 - 04:40 PM, said:

I played some BF2142 like a year or two ago and really enjoyed those titan games. Sort of what you described where you take control of a missile silo and after a little bit it fires a missile at the other team's base.

Good idea.

Yea, this could be done in many different ways too ... each objective guives an in game advantage. Better sensors scross the field ... limited repiar bays, artillery strikes, sensor jamming maybe.

Lots of things that give advantages to the team that holds them but nothing that would be game breaking. A reason for the light mech to sneak around the back and take an undefended point too.

Or a territory capture type game where you neded to hold a bunch point and that they be connected so you push your front line forward a little bit like Company of Heroes if anyone played that.

Basically gamer mods that do nto just involve killing each other - than add a new dimension.

#6 Boagsy007

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationTasmania

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:46 PM

Hi Asmu :) i dont see an optio to PM you :D so since you are watching ^ ^ its MT_Smithy

hope to catch you soon!

cheers

#7 KaoS Hazard

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:48 PM

Having a drop commander that isn't in a mech and could send commands would be fun. This would increase teamwork.

#8 Asmudius Heng

• Survivor
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 04:54 PM

View PostBoagsy007, on 02 November 2011 - 04:46 PM, said:

Hi Asmu :) i dont see an optio to PM you :D so since you are watching ^ ^ its MT_Smithy

hope to catch you soon!

cheers

Mate! How you been :D

Yea I dont know how to PM on this system I dont think I can. Search me on facebook - I will not post it here but I am easy to find as I am quite attached to my name :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users