I have jumped ship

4 replies to this topic

#1 SinAKill

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

Almost 20 years ago, I was cruising around the Inner Sphere rocking a giant Federated Suns sunburst. Fast forward through numerous $300 phone bills courtesy of GEnie and a number of years, and I stumble upon this forum. After giving it some thought, I decided to relinquish the Leftenant Col. badge, and join the ranks of the CCAF.

Additionally, I'm on the west coast in California, if anyone is interested in forming up a unit/lance, let me know. I'm not really knowledgeable when it comes to unit histories here, so if there is anyone who knows of a unit from canon that isn't already represented in the playerbase that I/we could start up/represent, let me know!

<casually leaves a box of krispy kreme's on the way out>

#2 Petroff Northrup

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:02 PM

McCarron's Armored Cav.
http://www.sarna.net...Armored_Cavalry

A unit so formidable they raided Hesperus II successfully and the CCAF higher ups considered keeping them on a short leash not letting them try to attack New Avalon, and that is not simply me stating that, McCarron's was once ordered to raid and destroy as much as they could but kept on a short leash which was considered making sure they targeted impregnable planets, not impossible ones, though they even did that when allowed, tearing down fortresses considered impossible to overrun and seizing the supplies within.

#3 Scanlon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationCapellan Confederation

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:21 PM

Hey there,

I'm looking for a group to play with regularly. I want to fight under House Lu Sann, although I still would like to learn a little more about their ethics to decide. OR House Fujita but only if MW:O unveils the Vindicator, which seems likely, there seems to be a decent amount of call for that battlemech. Both warrior houses are currently on Grand Base, a strategic planet near the Davian border.

I am on the east coast however, but perhaps we can make something work. Ive found others in House Liao are a little torpid when it comes to discussion of forming gaming groups. Either because they've been on the forums for months and have already beaten that horse to death, or maybe they already have a group.

Im something of a strategist, so hope to hear from you and start somethign up
-Scanlon

Edited by Scanlon, 28 March 2012 - 04:24 PM.

#4 Youngblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationGMT -6

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

View PostSinAKill, on 28 March 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

Almost 20 years ago, I was cruising around the Inner Sphere rocking a giant Federated Suns sunburst. Fast forward through numerous $300 phone bills courtesy of GEnie and a number of years, and I stumble upon this forum. After giving it some thought, I decided to relinquish the Leftenant Col. badge, and join the ranks of the CCAF.

Additionally, I'm on the west coast in California, if anyone is interested in forming up a unit/lance, let me know. I'm not really knowledgeable when it comes to unit histories here, so if there is anyone who knows of a unit from canon that isn't already represented in the playerbase that I/we could start up/represent, let me know!

<casually leaves a box of krispy kreme's on the way out>

You're a good man.

#5 SinAKill

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

View PostPetroff Northrup, on 28 March 2012 - 03:02 PM, said:

McCarron's Armored Cav.
http://www.sarna.net...Armored_Cavalry

I was under the impression MAC was already represented by some established people? Scanlon, we'll see about the opposite coasts, I'm not opposed. As noted, a lot of people here have been involved for some time and probably have indeed beaten this horse, but it never hurts to throw your name out there. I also realize a lot of this depends on how house/unit structure will be implemented too. Whether or not you can use canon units as your own, etc. Some of it we will have to wait for now to find out.

View PostYoungblood, on 28 March 2012 - 04:42 PM, said:

You're a good man.

<also leaves a few bottles of that Mexican Coca Cola... You know, with the real cane sugar and all>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users