3 replies to this topic

#1 theginganinja

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 192 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:48 PM

I've heard that the weight classes are going to be balanced through skills and experience and such, so that players in light 'Mechs might actually have a decent shot of taking down (or at least doing decent damage to) the bigger ones. But, since this is going to be a straight-up 'Mech piloting sim how would they accomplish this? Would the lighter 'Mechs get some sort of countermeasures to mess with the larger one's accuracy? Would everything depend on the ability to get behind the heavier 'Mech? Just curious since I plan on using lights and mediums, and I'd like to know how I'm supposed to be able to hurt the big guys.

#2 Captain Fabulous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 685 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 05:50 PM

Speed and numbers. Rush in, do your damage, and rush out. Get 3 or 4 people rushing in and out and you can do a lot of damage really fast. Your speed will compensate for the lack of armor.

#3 AJC

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:22 PM

and even in the biggest mechs there is only so much that can go into the heads and backs and legs so munch on those if you can like a good ankle biter.

#4 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:03 PM

Each role is going to give certain advantages, and there will be certain mech types most likely better suited to certain selection of skills. Add in the ability to take different mech weight classes and you can mix and match your team to cover weaknesses any individual may have, and give yourself the advantage.

There will be incentives to take each weight type.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users