Snord's Irregulars

17 replies to this topic

#1 Big Red

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:02 PM

Snord's Irregulars' are a rapidly rebuilding Merc Corp looking for new recruits. We have access to Star League-era 'Mechs captured from ComGuards units near Taurian space. The ComNet will tell you nothing of this lightning strike stealth mission where we added these superior ComStar Mechs

Our illustrious leader Rhonda Snord will deny she intends to personally lead a raid on Terra to retrieve more advanced equipment.

"Come for LosTech, Stay for the Adventure"

---

We are a casual Oceanic (+8 GMT Zone) group looking to run very eclectic hit and run type missions depending on the exact format of the game when it comes out.

#2 D Corp

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • Locationaustin texas

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:25 PM

hey just found out about this i still havent figured out how to play.... help lol

#3 Big Red

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:55 PM

we are all waiting for that <_<

#4 The Smith

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 137 posts
  • LocationSubject to change without notice.

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:58 PM

Hey, if this is the birth of a Snord's unit, I want in. I ran with Snord's Irregulars about ten years ago... been out of it a long while though. Anyway it's really great to see Battletech making a come back.

#5 TheMaverick

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:10 PM

Haven't seen any SI members in a long while. I know some went over to HEL about a decade or so ago.

#6 The Smith

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

Hey I don't really know how many people are interested in this, or if we are even allowed to form up into canon Battletech units. But if so, I think we should see what kind of unit we have here or can come up with. So far we have only had four people post in here... it's a start.

Anyway by Mechwarrior / Battletech standards I'm not that old, but I've been into the BT universe for about 12 years or so. Really got my start on MW4 then worked my way back to MW3 and the RTS games. I've played every game I can get to run on a modern system. And loved every minute of it. I would say that my weapon of choice is a Gauss rifle and that I normally associate myself with Clan Ghost Bear. But one night back in 2001 I wandered into a Snord's Irregulars recruitment server and they took me in. I can't say as I remember how long I was active with the team. But it was a hell of a good time while it lasted.

If anybody is interested in trying to start a Snord's unit I'd love to join, and I'll make sure to bring a gun,

The Smith formally known as SI Iron Fist

#7 Marcos Shake

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:34 PM

I am steeped in Snord's Cannon. I used to run the SI faction on the Battletech MUSE/MUX back-in-the-day. Count me in.

#8 The Smith

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:53 PM

I've been working hard to recruit some old friends. I think I'll have a full lance by launch time when ever that is. None of them really know much about Snord's but they are all veterans on one game or another. And one of them is also a long time Battletech fan.

#9 jbone

• PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

Elvis Lives.

#10 Reverse Jesus

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts
  • LocationVT

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:33 PM

Hi there my name is Reverse Jesus!

#11 L Y N X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 629 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:41 PM

Is this the Big Red who helped fill some of our holes in league matches years ago? Reaper and Goodnight were our team leaders. I am a light/recon/scout mech fan, but I hold l\my own in up to heavies... I do not care for assault class, too slow.

If this is the same Big Red I recall, then I'm interested throwing my nuerohelmet in with you...

#12 SI The Joker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 728 posts
  • LocationBehind you!

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

Hey all!

Nice to see folks interested in the Irregulars! The Smith pointed me to this post after I had created another post regarding the Irregulars, asking if anyone was interested in forming up. At any rate, he and I chatted a bit and here I am, introducing myself to all those who were/are interested.

I've got a site up: http://www.snordsirregulars.com ... I also submitted the unit in the forums here and on the MW:O Wiki. The site is a work in progress, I hope you all like it.

I've also got a signature image you can use while on the boards, if you so choose. What do you say? Still interested in getting this unit off the ground for MW:O? Leave me a message, let's talk and see what we can come up with. My intentions are not to step on toes but to see where those who are interested stand and how to best proceed with getting the unit organized.

Thanks,

Joker

#13 D34K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 304 posts
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:53 AM

SI were a fairly short-lived bunch back in MW4, but had some good pilots (so HEL was the natural home for them when SI finished). I believe some of them are still there after all these years.

#14 The Smith

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:17 PM

Desk top is online. I'm so ready!

#15 The Smith

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:58 AM

Anybody still out there?

#16 Kadran

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:57 PM

Ahhh Snord's Irregulars. I remember 10 years ago a Pilot named Jagged changed his name to Rhonda at the request of his lance mates and created Snord's on various war sites shortly before MW4 went away. Anyone else remember that?

#17 Smokin Joe

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:41 PM

Waz up Smith (Iron Fist) its ben a while for me as well. Bad Karma and I cant wait to get the WD40 out and knock the rust off :ph34r:

#18 JediMindGorilla

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 63 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:26 AM

View PostMarcos Shake, on 24 January 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

I am steeped in Snord's Cannon. I used to run the SI faction on the Battletech MUSE/MUX back-in-the-day. Count me in.

I am not sure how you or when you ran Snord's Irregulars on the old MUSE, unless you mean on one other than 3056. I was Rhonda Snord on the 3056 MUSE. Guzzer gave me that and caused a huge hoopla,...heh. Was there another SI MUSE? There could have easily been as it was a pretty popular thing back in the day.

Good to "meet" another SI person either way :)

UCME

AKA Garet Jax

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users