Fread Error - .pak Files Become Corrupted After Being Downloaded And Verified?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Zargulis

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

I've been having trouble with the FRead crash issues for a while now, until I found a helpful post by Krist Smith in http://mwomercs.com/...in-fread-error/

However, after replacing several corrupted .pak files (and verifying the new ones), I've found that the .pak files become corrupted just by playing the game. I don't know how many matches I played or what affects the corruption. I have tested this twice today - Objects.pak (and some others that I forget) are fine, then I play Mechwarrior for a while, I test them again, and they have somehow become corrupt. I realized this was happening when my game crashed due to FRead error. I am using WinRAR to test the .pak files.

Since I was having FRead issues for a while, I don't know if this is a new issue with the latest patch or what.

#2 Zargulis

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

! I:\Games\Mechwarrior Online\MechWarrior Online\Game\Objects.pak: CRC failed in Objects\mechs\awesome\body\awesome_body_spc.dds. The file is corrupt
! I:\Games\Mechwarrior Online\MechWarrior Online\Game\Objects.pak: CRC failed in Objects\mechs\hunchback\body\hunchback_body_damage_ddn.dds. The file is corrupt

#3 Captain Greene

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

Yep, I'm back to the same old FRead error.
This even after a total re-install of my operating system.
Any status updates on this from Admins?

TIA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users