3049 Lyran OOB?

3 replies to this topic

#1 vonStrachwitz

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 36 posts
  • LocationRome, NY

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:35 AM

Do any of the sourcebooks detail what units were garrisoned where at the start of the Clan invasion? Some units are easy enough to track down, but I'm having no luck finding info on the one I'm actually looking for- the Third Lyran Guards.

They aren't listed as having fought in the Clan Invasion at all (they don't show up as an opposing force in either the Wolf or Falcon sourcebooks), and any unit info I can find on them is blank between the War of 3039 and the FedCom Civil War.

Edited by vonStrachwitz, 03 April 2012 - 06:35 AM.

#2 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:52 AM

One of the best sources in the near past was this:
http://bg.battletech...opic,769.0.html

But as you said between 39 and 49 there is a huge hole, possible one of the reasons to start in 49
Somewhere in this time the 10th Lyrans became a Davion unit...

Another idea are the source books: Clan Wolf, and Clan Jadefalcon. Both have informations about the planets engaged by the invasion forces at who the defenders where.
The information are on sarna.net too, but you have to follow the invasion force

Edited by Karl Streiger, 03 April 2012 - 08:31 AM.

#3 Karel Spaten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHallam

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:18 AM

You want a copy of the Twenty Year Update, I think. I don't know how detailed it is about the FedCom ORBAT, but there's definitely something in there. If you want something that's still in print, take a look at Era Report: 3052 - ostensibly post-clan invasion, but intended for play during it.

EDIT - according to FM: Lyran Alliance, the 3rd Lyran Guards led the capture of Alphecca in 3044 and were redeployed to Graceland during the Clan invasion. There's no mention of anything in between, so I'd assume they garrisoned Alphecca in the interim.

Edited by Karel Spaten, 03 April 2012 - 07:25 AM.

#4 Arctic Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 427 posts
  • LocationLuyten 68-28

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:25 AM

20 Year Update has it on Cimeron in 3050. That's on the FedSun-Combine border, which is the likely reason it does not see combat in the Clan Invasion. According to Objective Raids it's located on Graceland in 3054, probably redeployed there during the Invasion or immediately afterwards.

Edited by Arctic Fox, 03 April 2012 - 07:26 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users