• LocationWDS Alexander or Northwind. Take your pick

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:43 AM

So, uh, who's gonna post now?

#1702 guardian wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,965 posts
  • LocationOn Barcelona where the crap is about to hit the fan.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 08:59 AM

Ehhh.... I don't know? I'll get something up soon.

#1703 RogueSpear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

It should be me, I'm something like 5 weeks late on a post. Uni work is kinda blocking that though - and I need to finish a scene in War Orphans so Sparks can advance his RP, then reboot Steel and Snow. Will be posting as soon as possible - may end up with time this weekend.
So people can advance L&D:

Jack wins his match. He tricks a Firestarter into allying with him at the start of the match to secure his rear. He stalks around the moat of the coliseum for the majority of the fight, making good use of jump jets and the moat to avoid fire as best he can. He takes out 7 mechs, including two of Thom's little friends. The Firestarter pilot gets the third. He ends up facing down an Urbanmech R60L that's been camping in a corner and it promptly blows off his AC10. Left with no weapons and barely any mech left, the R60L pilot offers to allow Jack to surrender. Instead, Jack announces surrender is something other people do and jump jets straight into it, knocking out both mechs. I leave it up to Thom whether or not that means Jack actually won (as he initiated the attack) or if it counts as suiciding and he loses.
If you need any details to chat about, I'll try and get time to scribble out a loose framework of the whole thing.

#1704 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

In an event like that I think that it would either be considered a draw, which I imagine would disappoint many of the spectators, kind of like that Rams/49ers game this past football season. So, I'd think that victory would go down to some other factor i.e. #of kills, how many tons (grams in Jack's case) of armor remain, goofy stuff like that. I dunno, thoughts anyone?

Also I should post but been putting it off till Rogue posts. I really need to get the lead out.

#1705 Jeremy Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationWDS Alexander or Northwind. Take your pick

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:28 AM

Jack should win because he displayed BALLS OF STEEL.

cough

Because nothing says F You like jump-jetting right into your opponent xD

#1706 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:24 AM

Well there is that too... With 7 1/2 kills to his name I think he'd be declared winner outright. Expecially considering its only a 12 mech fight.

#1707 DanboyD

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNorthwind, Federated Suns

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

While I feel like this is likely coming in too late to the party, would it be acceptable for me join at the present moment? If you guys are too busy and full up on people, I can wait for a clear time to join in.

#1708 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

they generally accept new people from time to time.

#1709 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

This RP is constantly recruiting, though post have been kinda infrequent as of late. Good RP's going on elsewhere. If you feel up to it go ahead and post a bio, and if you get a chance to read through the RP I highly recommend it.

#1710 DanboyD

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNorthwind, Federated Suns

Posted 27 April 2013 - 01:56 PM

Whilst twenty pages of RP was somewhat strenuous to read through (I may have skimmed over some of it) I am liking what I see from those involved, so I don't mind thrusting myself in as well.

Name: Gabriel Gruber

Callsign: Cavalier

Date of Birth: July 22nd 3009

Current 'Mech: Wasp-1D 'Seraph'

House Affiliation: House Davion

Military History: Served with 2nd Robinson Rangers during the Fourth Succession War on Breed, surviving the attack on the planet by DCMS. After the planet was retaken, he resigned from duty, tired of being mocked and constantly reminded that he had caused his entire Lance to lose their lives by engaging a superior Lance of 11th Benjamin Regulars.

Physical Description: Gabriel is relatively tall, standing (on a good day) at 6'0. He usually keeps his hair cut short, which keeps it from acting up. He shaves regularly, keeping his Muttonchops well groomed, his face complements his facial hair, as his jaw is subtly pronounce along the lower edge of each side of the chops'. He has striking blue eyes, that make him seem more humble and wise than he acts. The rest of his body is built quite thick, he weighs almost 230 lbs. His arms are not as strong as one might expect, but his torso and legs are built like a brick-sh it-house. He wears a weathered light brown (almost tan) corduroy jacket with patches from his days in the AFFS. His only pair of shoes at the moment are sneakers with several holes along the outer sides (where your pinky toes are) and places where the black has become a scuffed gray. He usually wears a pair of jeans and a gray long-sleeved shirt, unless he is dressing up for something.

Open Background: Gabriel was in the 2nd Robinson Rangers during the Fourth Succession War. He left it, with the callsign 'Cavalier' as a teasing nickname to his arrogant nature of fighting. He wasn't an inept as a pilot however, and it is likely is he was in a heavier 'Mech his haughtiness would not be so unfounded, but in his current light 'Mech as Wasp-1D he named Seraph, he has had little opportunity to show that he possesses skills required to win wars, or matches on Solaris.

Gabriel didn't really care much for the military when he signed-up but it seemed like an obvious way to show his skill. He found the structure a little to restraining, which is what most (if any) documents on his record would show. He only reached Private First Class and he only got that for training well. After he resigned from duty he wound up back on his Homeworld of Northwind. This was a little too close to the Robinson's area of operations for him, and after a few months, he took his chances and headed for Solaris. He had a sizable amount of money, enough to get him into his Wasp-1D and leave him room too rent a 'Mechbay and a cozy Apartment as well.

Gabriel is a nice guy usually, he makes sure to be polite to everyone. He has a way with the ladies, but he refrains from abusing it. He laughs a lot, and is usually surprisingly patient from someone that used to be considered reckless and endangering to his Lancemates. He genuinely cares for almost everyone he meets, assuming they are polite enough, but the opposite is true as well, and first impressions take a while for him to get past.

Deep Background: Gabriel is actually incredibly angry at himself internally despite his outward friendliness. When his comrades gave him the callsign 'Cavalier' he didn't know what it was, and looked it up. While he knows that they refer to the 'Arrogant and Haughty attitude, or unconcerned for safety', he has been trying to become more like the chivalrous and valiant men that embodied the definition from ancient history. He is afraid of losing people close to him, and is quite overzealous to defend them. He does his part to help people, but won't wait around for praise. He is constantly listening to music, a habit that he doesn't realize calms him greatly. While he is not inhibited by a lack of it, he gets a little strung out if he goes too long without hearing his music. If you are around him for a long period of time (4+ hours) and he hasn't been listening to his music, you will notice his patience start to ebb.

Edited by DanboyD, 27 April 2013 - 01:57 PM.

#1711 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

Not bad, and you have the nuts to roll in a Wasp... I can't say no to that. *stamps approved on character bio*

#1712 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

Posting here to avoid spamming the other thread. Thom, I have ideas for rebuilding Taysider. You may remember them, you thought they were ungodly. Used some obsolete and low down tech. VB and Jack might get talking about rebuilding Taysider and decide to go nuts on the rebuild, or just stick with the vanilla urbie forever (This guy's so crazy he'll beat you in a stock Urbie!). I'm good with either. Just food for thought, while I wait for a friend to come up with a fix for my code...

#1713 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:22 AM

I'm all down for the Ultra-Urbie of Doom, if that's Jack's intentions, on what to do with it. VB will most like you to upgrade to something without that Urbie 'Stigma' though...

"Come'on Jack! you're laying waste to your enemies in that 'bucket, imagine what you could do with a proper mech say a Thundernbolt, or a Zeus?!"

#1714 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

I actually have the exact scene that'll happen when Jack gets into a heavy/assault. Say the word whenever you want to put Jack in one - so long as he gets to play in the Jager as his primary heavy I'm cool with it. I haz plans for it - not mods, just plot ;)

#1715 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

In unrelated news, I decided to take a study break (Stupid errors and glitches from overtired coding suddenly deathchained and I'm overdue on handins) and fiddle with some mechs in SSW.
There are harpoon SRMs. I don't know what they do but I want them.

EDIT: Gamma tells me they're non-canon. Which is a shame, because I would love to strap a surface-surface version of the Thor system to my mech and start lobbing giant hammers at people.

Edited by RogueSpear, 13 May 2013 - 03:03 PM.

#1716 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

I think that the 'Harpoon' part was just a part of the missile's name. Like a Doombud 10 pack or Holly 4 pack... I just looked up a mech in some TRO (most likely 3060) that packed them.

#1717 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

It's listed as an ammo type, bizarrely xD

#1718 Spokes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

Harpoon SRM launchers have been around forever. The stock 3025 Wolverine mounts a Harpoon-6 launcher.

According to ye old internet, Harpoon missiles are heavily modified SRMs that Lyrans with more money than sense use to hunt large marine mammals. They're literally harpoons with rocket motors attached.

#1719 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

That's just wrong. Like that AC10 that shot bar stools...

#1720 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:42 AM

Hey Thom, can I stick both of those on the same mech?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users