Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

This is useful information.

#23 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Hm thank you for that, but i'm a bit confused and don't understand it B)

First you write this:

HD --> CT --> RT --> LT--> LA --> RA--> LL--> RL (---> HD again in image rotation )

Then:

That means, for example, that the Mech will use ALL your Ammo in your Head slot BEFORE continuing to your Center Torso Ammo .

I understand the first description that it is rotating, first shot it takes ammo from the Head, second CT... and the 12th shot will take ammo from the Head again and so on.
The second one is completly the opposite. So i'm confused :( So maybe you should edit either statment that it reflects the correct behavior.

thanks.

#24 OPLoN

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationHellas

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

View Postsmurfynet, on 23 January 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

Hm thank you for that, but i'm a bit confused and don't understand it :)

First you write this:

HD --> CT --> RT --> LT--> LA --> RA--> LL--> RL (---> HD again in image rotation )

Then:

That means, for example, that the Mech will use ALL your Ammo in your Head slot BEFORE continuing to your Center Torso Ammo .

I understand the first description that it is rotating, first shot it takes ammo from the Head, second CT... and the 12th shot will take ammo from the Head again and so on.
The second one is completly the opposite. So i'm confused :) So maybe you should edit either statment that it reflects the correct behavior.

thanks.

The ALS Screen Images are rotating, not the ammo.
So that means second statement is correct .
Maybe you got confused while reading the article , maybe its my fault too
( I can neither deny it or confirm it :P :D )

I specifically say :
"Ammo gets used and depleted in the order of the rotating image of Ammunition Loaded Screen (ALS) inside Cockpit".

After depleting the first ton of ammo placement , as a whole , then it moves to next ammo position , depending on what position that would be .

i.e. If you have no ammo in Head ,1 ton of ammo in Center Torso , 1 ton in Left Torso and 1 ton of ammo in Right Leg , then the order will be
CT --> LT --> RL . You will use all your ammo in Center Torso , THEN ammo will be feeded to your gun or missile pod from Left Torso until all is used up , then Right Leg.

I cant clarify this any more than that B)
Thanks for your comment , maybe I have confused more people than I actually admit :D
I will add this to article though , just to make sure :)

Edited by OPLoN, 28 January 2013 - 03:26 AM.

#25 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

Thanks for clearing that up, i already thought the only correct answer would be the second one but just wanted to make sure.
i'm thinking about adding this info somehow to my mechbay/stats site.

#26 OPLoN

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationHellas

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:44 AM

View Postsmurfynet, on 28 January 2013 - 04:04 AM, said:

Thanks for clearing that up, i already thought the only correct answer would be the second one but just wanted to make sure.

I think its an incredibly useful site (using it myself ) and it would be my honor to have such information represented there somehow :)
Maybe colored or numbered Ammo tons that imply order of depletion ?
Just an idea .

Feel free to adapt this article anyway you feel like it :)
After all , the truth is out there :D

Edited by OPLoN, 28 January 2013 - 05:45 AM.

#27 Combin

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

хмм

#28 Valder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationQQmercs.com

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:13 AM

So... does the game care if you have no more ammo tho? Say it's used all the ammo in your head, and you take damage... Is the ammo still able to explode there because in your loadout you put ammo in the head? Anyone run tests on this sort of thing? Or will this have to be a dev Q and A question in 2 weeks? =D

#29 TygerLily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

View Postsmurfynet, on 28 January 2013 - 04:04 AM, said:

You're site is phenomenal btw Smurfy. Thanks for the work you put in to make that. And thanks OPLoN for the ammo info.

#30 OPLoN

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationHellas

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

View PostValder, on 02 February 2013 - 04:13 AM, said:

So... does the game care if you have no more ammo tho? Say it's used all the ammo in your head, and you take damage... Is the ammo still able to explode there because in your loadout you put ammo in the head? Anyone run tests on this sort of thing? Or will this have to be a dev Q and A question in 2 weeks? =D

Once your all ammo is used up in that particular place , it is no longer prone to ammo explosion .
This is made quite clear in the past .
I also recommend to read the Guide " Criticals and you" , which is in the same section of this forum .
You ll find all the answers you want there, it is indeed a very well written guide.

#31 QContinuum

• PipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 47 posts
  • LocationVancouver Canada

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

Thanks never considered this before but good piece of information to have. Thanks all around for all the hard work.

#32 Cannibal Cat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationIsrael

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

I was wondering about this. Thanks.

#33 BlacKcuD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

Very nice! Have been wondering about this for a while now. Good to know. Thanks.

#34 Anony Mouse

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationSabaku no Hana, Misery, Draconis Combine

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

Super useful info, thanks. Does the order seem logically backwards to anyone else? By the time a head or CT ammo bin is in danger of critical damage, you're borked anyways. But a side torso ammo bin could lead to a premature demise. By way of taking out XL engines and weapons systems etc. So if the side torsos emptied first you stand to last longer.
Or maybe its just me.

#35 Anony Mouse

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationSabaku no Hana, Misery, Draconis Combine

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

If the CT or HD is in a condition to take critical hits, it doesn't really matter if its an ammo bin or not, you're dead.

#36 OPLoN

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationHellas

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:12 AM

View PostAnony Mouse, on 21 February 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

Super useful info, thanks. Does the order seem logically backwards to anyone else? By the time a head or CT ammo bin is in danger of critical damage, you're borked anyways. But a side torso ammo bin could lead to a premature demise. By way of taking out XL engines and weapons systems etc. So if the side torsos emptied first you stand to last longer.
Or maybe its just me.

I have tested my guide on the field like a thousand battles or more .
I no longer fear to put ammo in my head , since I have died only once from two sequential headshots really early in the game , ant that seemed to be due to an aimbot used by the enemy ( damn hackers , right ? ) , because the two shots were made from 900+ meters away ..

So , for example , If I know I am gonna use my Head ammo early in the game , like if it is i.e. UAC5 ammo /25 shots or LRM ammo, I gladly put in my Head slot .
Its absolutely safe there, safer than putting it in my Center Torso or Right arm anyways.

Another example is if you are wondering which arm to put ammo on a Centurion .
We all know that Centurion's left arm is like a shield , right ?
Lets say that you have another 3 tons of ammo and you have to choose between Right Arm and Left Arm and Side Torsos with an XL engine .
Judging form the sequence of Ammo Depletion Priority RT --> LT--> LA --> RA ,
we see thats its safer to put ammo Left Torso -->> Left Arm , avoiding putting ammo, if we can , at the right arm .
Because Right Arm is gonna be used last , giving you a high crit chance all the way deep in the game , causing you to lose your valuable Ballictic arm eventually .
BUT , lets say you have only Right Arm and Legs to put those 3 tons of ammo . Now you know its safer to put ammo in your Right Arm , then your legs , because Right Arm is going to use its ammo first , and before you know it , after you have used up 1/3 of your total ammo , that right arm is safe from ammo explosion :lol:

These are just some examples , I have tried and tested on the battlefield , and it had changed the way I am distributing ammo in my mechlab , even the way I am using ammo combined with torso twists in the battlefield !

And of course ,makes the Ammo Location Screen in your cockpit a lot more useful , eh ?

Edited by OPLoN, 26 February 2013 - 04:14 AM.

#37 Xenon Codex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bolt
  • The Bolt
  • 575 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Over the Rainbow

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:36 PM

Bumping again. Been reading some threads lately where people obviously haven't read this very informative guide. I can't recall the last time I had an ammo explosion that wasn't a Guass Rifle due to this guide.

Thanks OP!

#38 OPLoN

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationHellas

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:10 AM

View PostXenonCx, on 08 March 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

Bumping again. Been reading some threads lately where people obviously haven't read this very informative guide. I can't recall the last time I had an ammo explosion that wasn't a Guass Rifle due to this guide.

Thanks OP!

That's right !
There are proffessionals and there are amateurs out there , my friend :P
Good hunting :blink:

#39 Gasman 1220

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationJersey

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

OPLoN, are you sure it completely depletes ammo from a given location before moving on to the next in the rotation? All the examples you've used are only using a single ton of ammo in each location. How sure are you that it doesn't cycle to the next location after each ton is expended?

i.e. If I have 2 tons in each limb, will go:

LA-->LA-->RA-->RA-->LL-->LL-->RL-->RL

or

LA-->RA-->LL-->RL-->LA-->RA-->LL-->RL

#40 Atheus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 826 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

Just wanted to update this thread (which is cited in the wiki) which apparently contains inaccurate information. In my own testing, I was able to verify that my Highlander uses its Center Torso ammo before the Head. (also, it definitely fully depletes each ton of ammo before moving to the next). I just had a conversation with Thomas Dziegielewski about the order in which ammo is used, and he indicated that it varies depending on not only chassis, but also what order the ammo is added to the mech. I guess that means that for the moment, it's not going to be possible to be strategic about ammo placement without some serious trial and error.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users