Cbills and Ravens

1 reply to this topic

#1 Lennex

• PipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

I've tried most of the mechs, only two I haven't jumped into have been the Commando and the Dragon. The one mech I always return too? The Raven.

I'm not the best pilot, in fact I think I'm only average. never grouped, but know how to play with groups in order to survive, and the Raven helps me do that. I usually end up around 180,000 cbills, and I'm hoping I can find more.

My loadout:
I run a 2X model, not very much modifications were done, but what was done really helps me out.

1x Large Laser
3x Medium Laser (or 2x and a tag laser)
1x SSRM 2
XL 220 engine (101kph)
14 heat sinks
AMS

I find that this load out gives me the most versatility. I can keep pace with the other light mechs and assist them in scouting or harassing the heavies. Jenners running into a trap? Fall back and assist in drawing fire from the slow movers.

The AMS helps in keeping the missiles away from me and the other scouts. The SSRM is a nice way to keep dealing damage while recovering heat (in addition to chain firing the M Lasers). Then when I rejoin the main group it helps keep SSRMs off the heavies.

The medium lasers deal nice damage once the mechs get close enough, and group fired with the TAG helps the Cat's get their payload on target.

The Large Laser I use for sniping. I find I actually snipe quite a bit. The enemy usually ignores me as I can duck behind cover quick enough, and they dont think I'll do enough damage. But I took out a few Cat's who thought I wasn't a threat as they lobbed against my team.

Usually end up with at least 4-5 assists, a kill, and 3-4 spotting bonuses. But I want to improve on this.

I've tried other mechs, but no chance... I get chewed in the Awesome. Can't find an Atlas load out I like. The Centurion I'm no fan of.... only other mech is the K2, which I rip the MGuns out of and add heat sinks instead.

#2 Daycrist Bloodfang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

If you want I can give you my RVN-2X build it's a killer Scout mech with good damage capability

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users