MWO Statistics Part 2: progress is slow

78 replies to this topic

#1 nubnub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationCallison

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:20 AM

Dear fellow Steiners, unfortunately I have some bad news.

Our recruitment strategy is failing to achieve the desired improvement to our house numbers (see below). In fact the relative number of Steiners has dropped 1% compared to the other Houses. This is not acceptable. We MUST find ways to improve this.

Posted Image

On another note our social standing could also be improved. We are the second least liked house after House Marik (not shown). Some of our individual members do fair better but our long-term prosperity depends on the strategies we implement now to rectify this.

Posted Image

This may be due to the limited communication we are transmitting - again we are second lowest (not shown) with no stand out individuals from our House. We may possibly need to convert other house members.

Posted Image

We are however the third most popular House, just behind Kurita and Davion (not shown). There are some anomalies here though that need to be discussed elsewhere.

Posted Image

So in summary things need to improve. Again, what can we do to improve things?

Edited by nubnub, 09 April 2012 - 03:36 PM.

#2 Listless Nomad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:25 AM

your images are not there lol.

Edit - if you copy them you can view them independently in other tabs. However, how do you have access to the the panels for this information? who are you nubnub?!

I think Prosperity Park was right all along....nubnub is ROM....

Edited by Listless Nomad, 04 April 2012 - 07:32 AM.

#3 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:37 AM

The pictures are there - just copy the url - but this is a perfect example of a typical Davion Mechwarrior - its the fault of somebody else.

BT: What we can do nothing yet....
Most people think Steiner = young Kathy... and they dislike her...so they choose another faction.
They didn't recognize that youn Kathy is still a teenager. In November she will have her 17th birthday. They are not able to see the bigger picture

Edited by Karl Streiger, 04 April 2012 - 07:38 AM.

#4 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:45 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 04 April 2012 - 07:37 AM, said:

The pictures are there - just copy the url - but this is a perfect example of a typical Davion Mechwarrior - its the fault of somebody else.

BT: What we can do nothing yet....
Most people think Steiner = young Kathy... and they dislike her...so they choose another faction.
They didn't recognize that youn Kathy is still a teenager. In November she will have her 17th birthday. They are not able to see the bigger picture

Um. What? The images are not displaying might have been a better choice of words I suppose. I was merely trying to appraise the OP of the fact that his images were not displaying. I also edited my post to reflect the fact that the images were there, but had to be copied into the URL bar a full five minutes before your enlightening post. However, hang on, gimme me a second.

*clears throat* hurhurhur go buy another assault mech stoopid steniers durrrr. Is that more in keeping with your image of me and other Davions?

#5 Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:49 AM

Ahhhh..... Statistics, saying whatever you want them to say since the 17th Century. :)

Cheers.

#6 Hakija

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 214 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, United States

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

68.9% of people knows that 87.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot :)

#7 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:55 AM

@Nomad
Ah...i see you hit the button 5 minutes before me...
Robinson? The enemy of my enemy is my friend...so maybe we could ignore the missunderstanding at a barbecue on Luthien?

#8 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 04 April 2012 - 07:55 AM, said:

@Nomad
Ah...i see you hit the button 5 minutes before me...
Robinson? The enemy of my enemy is my friend...so maybe we could ignore the missunderstanding at a barbecue on Luthien?

Sounds damn good to me. Race you there.

#9 Strumtruppen

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

and 23% of people that say 68.9% of people that say 87.5% of statistics are made up on the spot are. right!

#10 Alan Grant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLooking for hidden caches, within the BT Novels™

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:09 AM

I was feeling kind of jealous of all those peoples with their names on the list, and was wondering what I could to increase my standing. And then right at the bottom I see my name in [most popular by views] section. YES!!!! I mean something in this world!

That's all I have to say, not really looking to give the Stieners all the Davion secrets of recruiting new members. [Being the usual "good" guys in the books and games helps alot though. :)]

#11 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:24 AM

View Postnubnub, on 04 April 2012 - 07:20 AM, said:

So in summary things need to improve. Again, what can we do to improve things?

Play to your strengths. That's all I can say. :)

#12 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

nunub reports to them

Posted Image

Edited by Prosperity Park, 09 April 2012 - 07:33 AM.

#13 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:44 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 04 April 2012 - 08:31 AM, said:

So... build more Atlas Mechs?

I can't tell you more as you're my enemy, but when Fed Com Civil war hits, I'll reveal them to you.

Needless to say, you're sitting on a diamond deposit and don't know about it. :)

#14 Felbombling

• 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

Was this a post meant for April Fool's Day and you missed the deadline? lol This is great that you've worked up all these numbers. Cool beans.

#15 nubnub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationCallison

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

View PostListless Nomad, on 04 April 2012 - 07:25 AM, said:

your images are not there lol.

Seems to be working at my end? Maybe the permissions aren't set right. Probably better that the images are harder to obtain.

View PostHakiyah, on 04 April 2012 - 07:53 AM, said:

68.9% of people knows that 87.5% of all statistics are made up on the spot ^_^

Your sentence is untrue, unfounded and indicative of the fear in your fragile house. My statistics are accurate at the time of posting; unless you can prove otherwise.

View PostAlan Grant, on 04 April 2012 - 08:09 AM, said:

I was feeling kind of jealous of all those peoples with their names on the list, and was wondering what I could to increase my standing. And then right at the bottom I see my name in [most popular by views] section. YES!!!! I mean something in this world!

That's all I have to say, not really looking to give the Stieners all the Davion secrets of recruiting new members. [Being the usual "good" guys in the books and games helps alot though. :)]

Helping our alliance is in your best interests too, and without House Steiner you are only at half strength. If you don't want to help I can put you back into your place - there are over two dozen more popular users than you (even Paul!) and your behind other(s) that have been round for half the time and are ranked far higher.

View PostProsperity Park, on 04 April 2012 - 08:31 AM, said:

So... build more Atlas Mechs?

Way ahead of you, but we need more pilots! Unless... :)

View PostStaggerCheck, on 04 April 2012 - 08:58 AM, said:

Was this a post meant for April Fool's Day and you missed the deadline? lol This is great that you've worked up all these numbers. Cool beans.

Damn, you caught me out, especially since April fools is on the 4th...

Try disprove anything you see here. I don't really expect any better from the House with the most juvenile members. I would suggest looking at some user information listed here as your privy to that and you will see how accurate the data is and concede how foolish your statements were.

I really don't want this to turn into a flame war so please keep posts relevant to the topic. Why do other house members insist on being part of the House Steiner communications?

Edited by nubnub, 04 April 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#16 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

Hey Nubnub, would you provide us with the link to your data? I think we are all interested in knowing if this is an elaborate hokes, or in fact real data that you are posting.

#17 Oswin Aurelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 808 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWhitmore Lake, MI

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

View PostBFett, on 04 April 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

Hey Nubnub, would you provide us with the link to your data? I think we are all interested in knowing if this is an elaborate hokes, or in fact real data that you are posting.

I can think of two things.

1: He's done all the work himself by friending everyone so he can gather their statistics (although this is unlikely, seeing as all information is shared regardless of whether or not someone is your friend).

2:He's a Loki, ROM, or ComStar agent being provided the required information gathering tools by PGI itself.

Who is nubnub? Is he your friend?

#18 Morr

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 67 posts
  • LocationDon't know yet. I'll tell when i find out.

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

Good sir, If you are wanting Numbers then why not Hire Us Mercs? My mates would love to join yea, but we need dem credits before we change anything to you guys. So what do you say wanna Hire us Lancers?

#19 Dihm

• 3,312 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPlanet Trondheim

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

Pictures don't work for me... broken links.

#20 Fetladral

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 525 posts
  • LocationAsgard

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

Why would anyone want to join steiner? Most of them can't hit an Overlord at 500 meters.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users