AFFS CoC

734 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew Osis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 316 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 09:47 PM

I know its early on in this but Im interested in whats left of the command staff from the MPBT era besides the obvious (RIP DW) I realize its early on in this and I dont even have a unit as of right now(lol). Also not everyone has made it here yet. None the less im bored and this isnt a bad topic to bring up. Id be willing to help out in anyway possible but im really just good for winning battles :) Were prob going to have to reshuffle the whole CoC by the end of this. I got two jobs and am going to school full time towards my bachelors degree so theres not much I can do other then fight battles and post on fourms for the most part lol... Still food for thought summer will be here faster than we think be good to get a good house structure going again.

#2 LordRush

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 422 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:35 PM

I would have to say that this will probably be a touchy subject matter. I have been in correspondence with some of the CoC from the BT/MPBT side of affs. However, the one thing I am curious about is the CoC from other MW games. Already, I have seen on here a gathering of unknown commanders from mektek and misc. other games.
So...how do we bridge the gap. Who should the honors go to? In the months ahead, this SHOULD be a hot topic. However...there are still alot of unanswered questions to MWO that could affect the bottom line here.
I'd chime into say that maybe it's still a little to early to say....but, if there was a vote, now..I would render the Scorps services to these individuals:
Bruiser
Menmoch
Gargoyle
Qin
Hawkeye
Rygat
XMen

Edited by lordrush, 02 November 2011 - 10:37 PM.

#3 Andrew Osis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 316 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:59 PM

Ive played with Hawkeye, served under Rygat in 3025 and Xmen in Solaris. Ive played with both Qin and Memnoch in the ISW thing which I hated and was a pretty big ******* in because the admins turned the game into paper work wars. Sorry to anyone I may have offended during that time. I still dont like that guy or his game though no offense, it sucked. Anyway Id back any of the people youve listed here. All good guys that care about the house, with reputations that say as much. On another note, Im not sure how many people are out there that had as strong as ties to the 5 great houses as MPBT players.

#4 Qin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 186 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:20 AM

How big a house staff we are going to need will largely depend on whats need there is in game for it. How many people are going to play etc.
Although i don't expect we will ever get a system like we had in ISW where the house was heavily into mech production decisions and movement of regiments. Still we can have dreams :)

Probably still a bit early to make hard plans on how to setup the House. We got at leased a month or 6.

Maybe good idea to start a Regiment list, of what player groups exist and under what name they operate. So people who want to start there own group are not grabbing something, that others are already using. Contact information for the regiments etc.

Edited by Qin, 03 November 2011 - 12:22 AM.

#5 Andrew Osis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:56 AM

ISW was horrible, games are supposed to be fun not ridiculous amounts of micro, I meen there are games that cater to that and MPBT or MW were never one of them. Even in their table top incarnations. Combined with good gameplay and an actualy player base it may have worked but alas.... anyway I do agree Qin a lot is up in the air right now. Perhaps we should compile some new all encompassing AFFS email to get all the old timers in, maybe compile some of the current mailing lists under a 'House Wide' system to keep people updated as we learn more about the game. I know one thing even if there are other Davion factions out there apart from the MPBT community, I seriously doubht they ever had the size and organization of the AFFS in the MPBT Solaris days and to some degree 3025.

#6 Spartan

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:58 AM

Realistically guys, there will be no House CoC.

MWO appears to be moving in the direction of having everyone in Mercenary Commands. But, quite frankly, you're not going to get the majority of people to follow what you say, even if there is a need for a House CoC. The vast majority of people MWO hopes to bring in will have no interest in listening to someone they do not know and have no reason to follow try to issue orders to them. That's not to say that there won't be those of us who have been a part of the previous iterations of the AFFS in games such as MPBT and ISWars, but the majority have never played these games.

The best option, in my opinion, is to set up a large "Official" House Davion Mercenary Unit and use it to represent the interests of the AFFS like you would if it were the actual AFFS.

I could be completely wrong here, it would not be the first time. However, like I said. MWO is most likely going to allow us to make Mercenary Commands, which we can simply use as official House Units. It just doesn't seem very appropriate to try to set up a structure which in all likelihood will not be followed or maybe even possible.

#7 VegetaVarnay

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:00 AM

:) didn't know DW passed differently sad to hear that. However glad to see some of the old guard still interested in BT

More on topic I’d agree with what Spartan has said but in time we shall see.

Edited by VegetaVarnay, 03 November 2011 - 06:31 AM.

#8 Deathwarrior

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts
  • LocationGalesburg MI

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:14 AM

Until the Role/Community Warfare portions of the game are more fleshed out, anything can be speculated. I would tend to agree with Spartan though, that the level of CoC most likely wont be as involved as anything in MPBT/ISW. Depending on the nature of the Conquest Mode being planned, I would assume as time went on that some sort of structure will naturally work itself out as the majority of players start interacting more. Whether it be one unified group or several that chose to play under the AFFS/AFFC banner.

Edited by Deathwarrior, 03 November 2011 - 06:15 AM.

#9 Radagast

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:35 AM

Qin is still the Prince.....until he says otherwise!

Rad 1FSAC

#10 Barantor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:41 AM

I'm not one of you old timers, but I would be willing to help anyone that wants to set up an organized AFFS unit. There are most likely a lot of folks like me that loved the MW side of things and would be willing to help establish a core that is built around actual teamwork.

#11 Eagle HH

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationTracy, CA

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:51 AM

We already know that they want the game to be community oriented, we need to start building the community... Whether we have a CoC or not I think Qin put it best, that we need to organize the units and at least be able to recognize the units that are still together or reforming. We already have communication set up here, get everyone registered here and start rallying. We need to build a list of all our units that are activating in MWO, with their leaders and unit/clan page. Once we do this people can make their own decision on whether they enlist with one of these units or start up another. This will show us who we have fighting for Davion and will allow us to recognize and honor these units as being official MWO Davion. And we grow from there.

This is about us coming together again which Davions have always been able to do well. Let's see what we got!

#12 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:33 AM

Maybe we need a place to form Davion on a fansite separate from this? It might make it easier to organize information than the current set up they have now, as well as being able to hit the ground running with a fansite.

#13 LordRush

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 422 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:07 AM

Looking at the forum discussions from when they opened till today I have noticed a big shift in topics. Everyone has questions but no answers. The one thing we DO know is it will be F2P. Thats it! Anything else is pure speculation.
With that said, alot of issues are pending until we know what kind of strategy shell MWO will use. We know we have a battle shell but again, that is it!
Who knows if the devs are opening the forums to see the reactions of the general public or what they truly want, we simply just dont know.
At the same time, IF [and I do mean a BIG IF] a strategy shell will be implemented with an economy base then what we will more than likely see is the return of Units into BT that assist the House. In that case, it will be very important to structure a C.O.C. But truly, this cant even begin to be a thought until we know what MWO plan and structure will be with the economy and strategic shell

As for Qin's idea, I had thought about something like that but still thought it was premature.
I have thrown the idea out [in so many words /grins] on the main affs boards. But got really no response.
For one thing you guys gotta remember. WE have had over 10 years of nothingness. Although the people listed above are still around, it still is at a point where its difficult to "believe". In other words, We all will believe it when we play it. We all will believe it when it turns out ..."our" way. I am sure there is still some skepticism and it will just take a bit longer to pull those guys into the light.

The "main" affs boards are still active, in a way, and for the most part seem to be made up of a majority players who had a high command or pdz command slot. I will try and stir the pot to get these guys to begin the thinking process.

As for a Davion web site, I believe there are still a few sites still in operation that can get the word out to active units and there perspective commanders. I shall try and track those down and get the ball rolling.
For me personally, the Scorps regimented 3 units within the Dahar DMM. Currently I have about 15-18 members ready to go. I cant speak for Deathstroke but can speak for Bobbagels. He and I are itching to get this show rolling.

Edited by lordrush, 03 November 2011 - 10:46 AM.

#14 TC DragonMaw

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 81 posts
  • LocationGulf Shores, Al & New Orleans, La

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:49 AM

View PostQin, on 03 November 2011 - 12:20 AM, said:

How big a house staff we are going to need will largely depend on whats need there is in game for it. How many people are going to play etc.
Although i don't expect we will ever get a system like we had in ISW where the house was heavily into mech production decisions and movement of regiments. Still we can have dreams :)

Probably still a bit early to make hard plans on how to setup the House. We got at leased a month or 6.

Maybe good idea to start a Regiment list, of what player groups exist and under what name they operate. So people who want to start there own group are not grabbing something, that others are already using. Contact information for the regiments etc.

K-wa Qin-sama <B>

Good to see ya bro.

TC

#15 Qin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 186 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:07 PM

Nice to see you Dragon sama ~S~

---

For the rest lets keep pace with the music. If people are kept in start position to long they are going to be burned out by the time we really need to do something.

If nothing else the House will be there to provide those who want it the fuzzy feeling they are part of a bigger whole :)

We still got the FederatedSuns domain and space, only thing needed is some skilled people with spare time on their hands to design and build a website.

#16 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:27 PM

View PostAndrewOsis, on 02 November 2011 - 11:59 PM, said:

Sorry to anyone I may have offended during that time.
Apology accepted.

I still dont like that guy or his game though no offense, it sucked. Anyway Id back any of the people youve listed here. All good guys that care about the house, with reputations that say as much. On another note, Im not sure how many people are out there that had as strong as ties to the 5 great houses as MPBT players.
Yes, when he tried to move AU over to the Liao side, forcing us to play as Liao to balance things, that's when I pulled the unit from there. I wanted to play AGAINST Liao, not as part of them.

View PostSpartan, on 03 November 2011 - 05:58 AM, said:

Realistically guys, there will be no House CoC.

MWO appears to be moving in the direction of having everyone in Mercenary Commands.
This is not true. If you read the CG article referenced in Dev Blog 0 on this forum, you'll see everyone is intended to start out in House commands, House Davion of course being among them, and then Merc Corps' will begin filling. If I read the article correctly, starting a merc unit will be achievement based, certain minimums being required prior to taking command.

But, quite frankly, you're not going to get the majority of people to follow what you say, even if there is a need for a House CoC. The vast majority of people MWO hopes to bring in will have no interest in listening to someone they do not know and have no reason to follow try to issue orders to them. That's not to say that there won't be those of us who have been a part of the previous iterations of the AFFS in games such as MPBT and ISWars, but the majority have never played these games.
Spartan, if MWO does the things they say they're going to do from that latest article, I think you'll see a huge need for a CoC come back to the forefront, like it was in MW2 days. Don't despair yet, buddy.

#17 Radagast

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:07 PM

I am sorry to say that the 1FSAC site went down about a week ago due to some issue with posting in the forums. Crash and I will work to get it back up A.S.A.P. , but till then all I can do is give the url: www.1FSAC.com . Again, don't expect to see anything for a week or 2, as Crash and I are both fairly busy right now.

Lft. Radagast.

p.s. - Once it's back up all will have to re-register from scratch!

#18 Andrew Osis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:00 PM

Well I dont even have a unit right now lol but I am willing to do whatever I can as a trainer and event organizer in the instance planetary does start. My free time frame will mostly be nights.

#19 Ash Reeves

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:09 AM

I think this is going to be a matter of the old guard having to make some room for newer groups. There are many that werent around for the days MPBT, yet are more than capable of running highly successful and active units as seen in other MMO's. I happen to see no problem with units sharing regimental names (perhaps they are of different battalions?). Certainly I dont see the need for the AFFS to be ran by a Davion in game (look at all of the Dragoons bragging about naming rights) or for those commanding the Marches to be of the appropriate family. We can save unit/character names and be as strict as we want, but we will stagnate and ultimately lose out on individuals and groups that would have much to contribute. Integrate them and bring them to your level. Most importantly: make it democratic amongst unit commanders...organize and allow them a collective say on the general direction of the AFFS

Of course this is coming from an outsider...

#20 Paladin1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • LocationCapellan March, Federated Suns

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:57 AM

View PostQin, on 03 November 2011 - 12:07 PM, said:

If nothing else the House will be there to provide those who want it the fuzzy feeling they are part of a bigger whole :)

We still got the FederatedSuns domain and space, only thing needed is some skilled people with spare time on their hands to design and build a website.

I think this may be the best idea. We should have an overall CoC which would coordinate the actions of the individual Regiments, who'd have their own CoCs.

I'm, naturally enough, going to suggest that we implement the AFFS High Command immediately, with Brigade commanders nominated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users