What it means to be a Clan warrior

61 replies to this topic

#41 Odins Reaver

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationOn Eden

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

*pats Stormwolf on the head and scratches behind his ears* Good boy.

#42 fearfactory

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 193 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 09 April 2012 - 11:16 PM, said:

Ehmm....re-read the first post of this topic.

Please tell me how my post is not on topic. It deals with the psychology behind a Clan warrior and how typical Clan players don't play the Clans how they actually are.

#43 Evgeny Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 704 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Occupation Zone

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:14 AM

View PostMorashtak, on 08 April 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

Very much appreciate the post tho' most people who play on the Clan side won't read it or even abide by it, I fear. Many more people play than read the forums. Oh, well. that's life on the internet.

Would like the Trueborn's take on yielding.

Ex.
I am the last one standing in my Dragon on my side. I see all the clan pilots back off except for a small Mech ("Unknown" shows on my radar as it has throughout the match). Sensing an opportunity I engage the one Mech and through sheer luck come out on the winning side... but just barely. No armor to speak of and maybe a round or two left, if that.

The remaining enemy Mechs are in good shape or better. They know that even one hit from any of their weapons will finish me off. What do they do?

Per lore I would be allowed to surrender and taken as captive. Maybe even asked to join, etc.

In game tho', if there is a yield feature available (Later™, of course) will a clansman see it as a way to honor the skills of their foe? Or do they finish him off? Or something else?

btw - finding good info on the warhawk site, thanks for the link.

Would a Sphereoid stop if a Clanner accept defeat and surrender?
Esp if they have their TT hatred stroies from "back in the days..."
and always begin their fights with the words: "Die Clanner! Die!"

Edited by Andar89, 11 April 2012 - 03:14 AM.

#44 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:57 AM

View PostAndar89, on 11 April 2012 - 03:14 AM, said:

Would a Sphereoid stop if a Clanner accept defeat and surrender?
Esp if they have their TT hatred stroies from "back in the days..."
and always begin their fights with the words: "Die Clanner! Die!"

In MW:O? Probably not if the objective is to destroy the entire enemy force. I've got targets to shoot at, it's going to go down. Not going to risk a Clanner getting a lucky shot and ending one of my guys costing my unit/force more repair money because he wanted to surrender in a video game. Might make some exceptions when it's needed, but that's how it'll probably go (barring any new info from PGI explaining a system involving this.)

I know I'm personally not surrendering to anyone, so no one's going to get the chance on me :D

#45 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:21 AM

View Postfearfactory, on 10 April 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

Please tell me how my post is not on topic. It deals with the psychology behind a Clan warrior and how typical Clan players don't play the Clans how they actually are.

Because this thread here is more educating then "ordering".

Edited by Thorn Hallis, 11 April 2012 - 05:23 AM.

#46 Evgeny Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 704 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Occupation Zone

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:31 AM

View PostJack Gallows, on 11 April 2012 - 04:57 AM, said:

In MW:O? Probably not if the objective is to destroy the entire enemy force. I've got targets to shoot at, it's going to go down. Not going to risk a Clanner getting a lucky shot and ending one of my guys costing my unit/force more repair money because he wanted to surrender in a video game. Might make some exceptions when it's needed, but that's how it'll probably go (barring any new info from PGI explaining a system involving this.)

I know I'm personally not surrendering to anyone, so no one's going to get the chance on me :D

Well then Feel honored if I let you live when I had shoot your arms off and you lost all your weapons =P
I am a generous person^^
But yeah I was only reffering to the qoutaion, but I also think that gamedesing won't include surrender

#47 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostAndar89, on 11 April 2012 - 05:31 AM, said:

Well then Feel honored if I let you live when I had shoot your arms off and you lost all your weapons =P
I am a generous person^^
But yeah I was only reffering to the qoutaion, but I also think that gamedesing won't include surrender

If I can, and they include it, I'm going to manually overload in your face if I don't have any weapons left. :D

#48 Odins Reaver

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationOn Eden

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

You two are arguing like children from a sibko, Go out and have a real fight. (RP off- I think I'm suffering from Mech withdraw stupid sucky internet, I like Living Legends.)

#49 fearfactory

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 193 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 11 April 2012 - 05:21 AM, said:

Because this thread here is more educating then "ordering".

I'm not ordering anything. Simply saying "why play Clan if you don't want to play Clan?" Too many people want the tech and ignore the RP side of things. I actually find the Clan style of combat challenging and enjoyable.

Shoot, if you get a Jenner do you play it like an Awesome?

#50 Colddawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 317 posts
  • LocationYork, Pennsylvania

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

That is something that really upsets me. You know there are going to be players out there looking for every which way to get the leg up on everyone else. Bah to them!

If you want to play as a Clan Warrior you had better be prepared to act as one as well.

I hope Piranha gives clan commanders the ability to kick out those who are only in a clan for the technological edge. The balance comes when you have bid your TImber Wolf against 2 Atlases.

Personally I have kept my MW character since MW2, given a name and back story in MW4 Vengeance, and I hope that I can use MWO to create the next chapter in my character's story. I would be surprised if you did not find more like myself claiming to be a true clan warrior.

PS-Most notable game was in MW4 Vengeance when I took on 4 Dire Wolves in an attrition game and came out on top. They all came after me even though it was attrition.

#51 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:32 AM

Thanks people, good to see so many supporters.

View PostColddawg, on 13 April 2012 - 07:37 PM, said:

Personally I have kept my MW character since MW2, given a name and back story in MW4 Vengeance, and I hope that I can use MWO to create the next chapter in my character's story. I would be surprised if you did not find more like myself claiming to be a true clan warrior.

I'm hoping for a type of RPG character that you can use to walk around player hubs (Luthien, Outreach, etc), you can build your own story as your character grows and makes friends/allies/enemies.

#52 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:07 AM

View PostStormwolf, on 14 April 2012 - 02:32 AM, said:

I'm hoping for a type of RPG character that you can use to walk around player hubs (Luthien, Outreach, etc), you can build your own story as your character grows and makes friends/allies/enemies.

That'd be rather neat, but I don't see it happening. At least not for a long time after launch.

Would be cool to be able to walk around meeting halls, etc and kind of interact outside of the cockpit, but I think that'll take a big backseat to the combat.

Edited by Jack Gallows, 14 April 2012 - 05:07 AM.

#53 Colddawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 317 posts
  • LocationYork, Pennsylvania

Posted 14 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

They will most likely not introduce this. Personally I would have at least liked to be able to get out of my 'Mech in the mechlab and walk around.

#54 Fiachdubh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts
  • LocationSkulking out along the Periphery somewhere.

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:42 PM

Well according to the Jade Falcon trilogy being a Clan warrior means unnatural relations with your sisters. But then what else would you expect from the Falcons.

#55 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

That happens in all Clans. It is not taboo as it is in the IS.

#56 Odins Reaver

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationOn Eden

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

It is not taboo, tureborn females have to take a hormonal regiment to become fertile so there is no chance of accidental pregnancy and if you really think about it, she is NOT your sister.

#57 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:13 PM

Uh she would be technically. You were both created from the same (gene)father & (gene)mother. Which is why Ranna called Natasha, grandmother.

#58 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

View PostFiachdubh, on 25 April 2012 - 01:42 PM, said:

Well according to the Jade Falcon trilogy being a Clan warrior means unnatural relations with your sisters. But then what else would you expect from the Falcons.

That sort of thing happens in Clan Snow Raven too.

#59 Odins Reaver

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationOn Eden

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

And the wolves, you don't split all the sibko's, just mix some with others.

#60 Phelan Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 190 posts
  • LocationPreparing for battle in Wolf Occupation Zone...

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:25 PM

I appreciate your taking the time out to do this Stormwolf. You have gained even more respect in my eyes for doing so. I know for myself and my Beta Galaxy that there shall be no munchkins. The Warriors of the Wolf Beta Galaxy will act and fight like Wolf Warriors or be Dezgra, all there is to it really. When another Wolf joins Beta Galaxy I will watch them closely to ensure they are a "true" Clanner and not some kid who loves ER Weapons to pawn everyone with. Keep that in mind if any of you decide to join us, act and fight like a Clanner or be Dezgra!

On another note, if we consider an IS force worthy(and there is a possible in game function to do so)we may grant them Hegira...

Jaroth beat me to it...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users