Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

My version of the Crusader.

Posted Image

#2 GDL Irishwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

Hmm... It's certainly better by a long shot than the Project: Phoenix redesign. It's a bit of a toss-up whether I like your version more than the original; they're both very cool (in my eyes, at least), but I think the original loses out to yours by just a bit.
I like what you did with the head-mounted antenna thing; the original's just looked silly. Your LRMs are also better than the original's; the fluff bs'd that they were in the wrists, but the art just didn't support that. Yours, meanwhile, clearly looks like it actually HAS those launchers (although I'm not sure I like the tactical disadvantage brought on by having the launchers pointed in the direction of the top of the 'Mech's "biceps", rather than on the lower arms).
I almost want to say that your version would look better without the back attachments (not sure what to call them), but at the same time I like that they connect it with the original... Maybe keep them, but make them a bit shorter?
Aside from those two minor issues, this is truly excellent work - good job!

Edited by GDL Irishwarrior, 05 April 2012 - 10:54 PM.

#3 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:05 AM

Amazing redesign. :lol:

Too bad Catalyst will not use it as their re-seen Crusader. :P

#4 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:15 AM

nice design, well thought out down to the over fore-arm laser enclosures.

but its current stance (and outline of the body and hips) makes me think of this

Posted Image

Don't know why, but it does.

BUt thats another one along ith the Marauder thats floating around that would be great as an update on the unseen shape.

kudos to you sir for you talent.

Edited by chewie, 06 April 2012 - 01:15 AM.

#5 God of War

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • LocationGermany/Stuttgart

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

cool pic but reminds me more of a disarmed Thunderbolt than a Crusader... :lol:

#6 Lyon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLumberton, MS

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

It's beautiful, bro.

I can see this thing being built, frame assembled around the CT reactor, because of your shape work. The launchers, I especially like. Much improved cockpit over the original.

One question though...what did Little Red Riding Hood do to deserve a Crusader + infantry?

Edited by Lyon, 06 April 2012 - 11:45 AM.

#7 Monky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:50 AM

This is very nice, I think you could polish up the colors and details on the mech itself a bit but the technical design looks practical (for a mech) and I like the unique laser enclosures and LRM design!

#8 Agent Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 437 posts
  • Locationbottom left of canaduh

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

Not bad. Id like the torso to more closley resemble the original a bit more, then it would be more recognizable as a Crusader.

#9 Tvae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 203 posts
  • LocationPort Sunkissed

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

View Postagent_cooper, on 06 April 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

Not bad. Id like the torso to more closley resemble the original a bit more, then it would be more recognizable as a Crusader.

I'm gonna have to agree with this, most specifically the section right in the middle that just randomly sticks out. For some reason that spot just bothers me; it just seems kind of... there.

Everything else seems very well done though, in my opinion (especially the LRM-15 shoulder pads and the re-modeled antenna).

#10 Sean Lang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:29 PM

LOVE the unique aspect of your re-design! Great work, keep it up and as always, MOAR!!

#11 Ironhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

Shortpainter, very nice job here. Like the Loki-style cockpit and the fact that it looks really sturdy. Your style is definitiely not FD-ish to get some conformity to the MW:O game concept but I respect that. Your talent is in a class similar to Ethnic Minority and Shimmering Sword, which is not that far from the skills of flyingdebris; though it is my belief he's in a class of his own.

Last but not least: awesome job on the 'Mech but also on the environment you carefully put it in. Very professional, up to the floating ashes... My guess would be you're the one Bluey may be searching for to draw his community picture he'd like to do (many of us supporting the idea). Link below:
http://mwomercs.com/...munity-picture/

Cheers!

#12 Karyudo ds

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

View PostGDL Irishwarrior, on 05 April 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

I like what you did with the head-mounted antenna thing; the original's just looked silly. Your LRMs are also better than the original's; the fluff bs'd that they were in the wrists, but the art just didn't support that.

Antenna was really an anti-aircraft laser and the real missiles were shoulder mounted...thought some of the Battletech art showed the LRMs.

View PostGDL Irishwarrior, on 05 April 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

I almost want to say that your version would look better without the back attachments (not sure what to call them)...

(FASTPacks) I could see those being shorter, maybe pulling the head/stomach back, but I like this one, doesn't look like a craply drawn Armored VF-1A and more like a mech.

#13 Trevnor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,085 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSkjaldborg HQ, Rasalhague, Rasalhague Province[Canada]

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

Awesome work man. Really really nice.

#14 shortpainter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

The Story

At this point in operation "Tar & feather" is where things got out of hand...

"Search her corporal."

"Uh sir...she's known for..."

"I said search her!""

"She could have one of them Drac samurai sabers under them rags, sir."

"I have you covered corporal, now get over there and search her."

Mech pilot, "This is unit three four two five, squad F7, drop command, do you copy?"

"Go ahead 3425, what's your sit rep?"

"We have person of interest seven, seven oh nine cornered at sector nine oh two one. Two elements of Durst 790 are about search and capture seven oh nine, please advise"

"Roger that, 3425, do not engage or antagonize 7709. Do you copy?"

Mech pilot: "Do not engage? Sir, I got two men about to put her in cuffs. Are you saying to leave her be? We just burnt down a whole forest to corner her."

"Do not engage or attempt capture without D98 gas capsule saturation, do you copy?"

"****. seven-nine-zero, stand down, we have incoming D98 gas drop. Masks, masks! Incoming gas drop danger close, Hold position until air units secure area with... oh my god! Drop command she just split them apart with a god damned sword, request permission to engage with light arms!"

"Negative 3425 we need her alive"

"Sir, she just killed two men, I have clean shot"

"Negative, 3425 keep her in sight and do not lose her, we need her for intel, keep tabs on her position. There are two Karnov VTOL units with elite squads en route to your position."

"Sir, she has thrown a IED onto my chassis, I can't locate where it is stuck to my..."

"3425, hold position and keep track of 7709"

"Drop Command, No explosion from IED. Wait...I think...no... it was a narc warhead. ****! I'm tagged for long range missile bombardment, retreating to friendly lines! Lock alarm! Lock alarm! I'm targeted for concentrated LRM attack! Full throttle at point two-seven-five-eight! I need assistance at....I'm hit, I'm hit, drop command, this is 3425, I need back-up at map loc four- four-five-nine. Send a....."

"3425, come in. We need an update on 7709's position. 3425, do you copy? 3425....3425 do you see her?"

#15 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:22 AM

Great piece of fan fiction along with the art. Good stuff. She a bad, bad girl. Love the 'bureaucrat' at command not realizing what's happening.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users