3 replies to this topic

#1 Cole Allard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

Hey everyone,

I hope I hit the correct forum for this question, I am not so new to all this refitting of battlemechs...but:

I wanted to put an XL engine in my Centurion. C-Bills to afford, are self explaining. The tonnage is self explaining...but the slots they take brings me to the question:

All XL-Engines take 12 slots...all have to be put in the center torso (logical)...but no Centurion Center Torso has room for 12 slots ?!? Ok, the Cent hast 2 med lasers, clear..I take em out. The Gyro has to stay there...and?

...is it possible that this med Mech cant take an XL Engine? According to Ohm's list...the Cent can fit up to a 260 XL Engine?

Anyone's got an explanation for me?

#2 Clogman

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:41 AM

I agree :rolleyes:

There is a thread going on about this, which you might find interesting.

http://mwomercs.com/...engine-weights/

#3 Darwins Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:52 AM

The XL engines take up 6 slots in the center torso, and 3 in each side torso. That's the trade-off, they are a lot lighter, but if you lose any of your torso locations, you're dead. They are also a lot more expensive to repair.

#4 Buckminster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:31 AM

When you go to add your XL engine, it'll automatically allocate the slots to the side torsos as needed. If you don't have room in wither your left or right torso (an AC/20 on a hunchie or atlas takes up a lot of room), it won't let you install the engine.

Edited by Buckminster, 01 November 2012 - 04:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users