Got that, still worth reading.

#42 Dr Killinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationJohannesburg, South Africa

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:39 AM

Good read, pretty much sums up my current feelings of the game. Sure, it had problems, but I find it genuinely enjoyable to play, and am excited to see where PGI takes it.

#43 Digital Ninja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

View PostBrynstar, on 01 November 2012 - 11:45 AM, said:

<3 the GOONS

<3 Mittens, hate the rest of them. He's the only goon with an IQ above 60 and the only one who has had a positive effect on Eve. He was also the best CSM to my knowledge. It's too bad he picked such terrible minions.

Edited by Digital Ninja, 02 November 2012 - 02:59 AM.

#44 Jukebox1986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 666 posts
  • LocationGermany, Niedersachsen, Göttingen

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:50 AM

View PostDigital Ninja, on 02 November 2012 - 02:56 AM, said:

He was also the best CSM to my knowledge.

Chaos Space Marine? :P

#45 CCC Dober

• 1,881 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:11 AM

Only thing I have to object is the lack of a long view regarding the Wang. You really want to replace the arm mounted weapon with an Ultra AC20 when it becomes available, just saying. Other than that, he's hooked, given the long list of things he is willing to forgive. Mission accomplished PGI.

#46 fil5000

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationInternet County, USA

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:35 AM

View PostCCC Dober, on 02 November 2012 - 05:11 AM, said:

Only thing I have to object is the lack of a long view regarding the Wang. You really want to replace the arm mounted weapon with an Ultra AC20 when it becomes available, just saying. Other than that, he's hooked, given the long list of things he is willing to forgive. Mission accomplished PGI.

Even then, is it as good as the other cent variants? Or a hunchback with the UAC/20? I mean, if you're not going to get the additional yaw of an arm mounted weapon, why put something like an AC/20 in the arm?

#47 CCC Dober

• 1,881 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

Nah, it's not the UAC20 by itself, but the whole YLW package. Most other Mechs can't really field an XL reactor and this particular weapon or the AC20. It's a decisive advantage on Mechs such as this one that go fast enough to offset the disadvantages of XL.

Also the AH variant had plenty of yaw, so there's another reason to bring it back and restore the F2P balance. YLW might be an upgrade in the mobility department, but the AH is more flexible in terms of weapons and aiming.
Comparing both variants it comes down to speed versus firepower. Some balance one might say. Right now all the Centurion gets is speed (YLW) and that needs to be paid for in MC. Seriously bad decision with a potential for P2W (UAC20+XL reactor).

#48 Shibas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

View Postfil5000, on 02 November 2012 - 05:35 AM, said:

Even then, is it as good as the other cent variants? Or a hunchback with the UAC/20? I mean, if you're not going to get the additional yaw of an arm mounted weapon, why put something like an AC/20 in the arm?

I'm a fan of the centurion in general, and to be fair, it is one of the only mech variants that can equip an AC/20 and XL engine in it. If you can avoid getting your arm blown off it's not "terrible," but the restriction in hard points makes it lacking.

Also, nice write ups fil.

#49 fil5000

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

As the critics in this thread demanded, more "blog spam" from a "goon with gold vision":

http://themittani.co...s-ii-wrath-guns

#50 Shibas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

View Postfil5000, on 05 November 2012 - 10:08 AM, said:

As the critics in this thread demanded, more "blog spam" from a "goon with gold vision":

http://themittani.co...s-ii-wrath-guns

Not sure when you wrote that up, but probably mention that pulse lasers in general will become less effective as they fix the heat bug, so they'll end up generating more heat than before.

#51 fil5000

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 10:56 AM

Yeah, I wrote the whole thing last week. I'll hang on until we've had a couple of patches and then review once we have new DHS and equipment and pulse changes and and and

#52 CeeKay Boques

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

See fil5000? Awesome stuff with humor in it, though...with that little biting edge. Have you seen the NGNG "training" trailer? Its pretty cool... but could you imagine how much MWO would benefit from training videos created by creative, well spoken goons? All that untapped potential! I imagine you could crack out one a week! Think of all the Tenbux! Noobs would be all "I dun get it, there's no training" and we could be all "Check out Fil's training videos!" and everyone would be all "goons are awesome!" and all the goons could be all "Dude, stop likin' on me!"

#53 fil5000

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

View PostTechnoviking, on 05 November 2012 - 12:49 PM, said:

See fil5000? Awesome stuff with humor in it, though...with that little biting edge. Have you seen the NGNG "training" trailer? Its pretty cool... but could you imagine how much MWO would benefit from training videos created by creative, well spoken goons? All that untapped potential! I imagine you could crack out one a week! Think of all the Tenbux! Noobs would be all "I dun get it, there's no training" and we could be all "Check out Fil's training videos!" and everyone would be all "goons are awesome!" and all the goons could be all "Dude, stop likin' on me!"

My voice is sadly best left unheard, but I thank you. There's better people in WoL to do that sort of thing.

#54 fil5000

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:56 AM

Raising this from the dead with further goony goon goon content:

http://themittani.co...wo-patch-update

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users