Fatlas upgrades

18 replies to this topic

#1 Konflict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

Deciding to throw out all plans I had when the game went live in not spending MC on Mechs then selling them for cbills I decided what the heck.

My favorite Mech is the Atlas and really liked the AS7-K in beta but I would like to outfit the Fatlas like that if possible. There are a few trade offs tho., one has 2 AMS/1 Missile - 1 AMS/2Missile

With out actually spending credits to find out is Endo/DHS the way to go with a Fatlas now ?

I think for energy weapons I would like to do ERLL + MPL in what ever combo that can fit.
Gauss and LRM's + AMS

I am going to have to play around with stuff but I wanted to get feed back on Endo/DHS first before I tried it.

Thanks

Edited by Konflict, 01 November 2012 - 02:20 PM.

#2 Discordantone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationUnited States, D.C. (no it's technically not part of any state)

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

Both work, stuff a big engine in it.

#3 Discordantone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

Right now my K (I prefer my founders, but hey we have to re-grind), is running 2 ERLL, 1 Gauss, 1LRM 20, 2 AMS. My D runs Twin ERPPC, Gauss, and an LRM 15. Endosteel and DHS... incidentally I can manage an XL engine because I always drop with a premade and they keep the little harassers off me though, so you might have to tinker around a bit.

Edited by Discordantone, 01 November 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#4 Konflict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:36 PM

Thanks guys. I haven't tried ERPPC's on one yet, might give it a go and see what happens. About how many DHS's can you cram into it ?

#5 Discordantone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

a good number... right now I swapped my K to two ER PPCs, one Gauss, two AMS, two medium pulse... I can use DHS -alone- to fire both PPCs and the Gauss four times before overheat.

#6 Konflict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

Nice Discord. I was looking around for a Mech builder but not able to find one atm. I did see some comments that you cannot run both Endo & DHS because of crit space, not sure about that.

#7 Konflict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:01 PM

hmm Endo & DHS installed

Best I can do

ERPPC in each arm
2x MPL CT
AMS + 1 ton ammo
LRM 15 + 2 tons ammo
Gauss + 2 tons ammo
Standard 300 + 2 DHS
1x DHS RT
2x DHS LT

Heat rating 1.05

I saved all parts from founders and K
Cost to upgrade... 1.62 mil

Swapping ERPPC's to ERLL

Heat rating 1.17
Cost to upgrade... 420K

Think I will give ERLL a try first and see how that goes. Not sure what going Endo & DHS bought me performance wise.

Edited by Konflict, 01 November 2012 - 05:31 PM.

#8 Discordantone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

Yeah, like I said, I run an XL engine, because honestly if they take out my shoulders and arms in that build, I'm basically worthless anyway.

#9 Galaxy Drifter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationEast of Seattle

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

View PostKonflict, on 01 November 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

hmm Endo & DHS installed

Best I can do

ERPPC in each arm
2x MPL CT
AMS + 1 ton ammo
LRM 15 + 2 tons ammo
Gauss + 2 tons ammo
Standard 300 + 2 DHS
1x DHS RT
2x DHS LT

Heat rating 1.05

I saved all parts from founders and K
Cost to upgrade... 1.62 mil

Swapping ERPPC's to ERLL

Heat rating 1.17
Cost to upgrade... 420K

Think I will give ERLL a try first and see how that goes. Not sure what going Endo & DHS bought me performance wise.

I think you are trying to do too much. If you want to use ERPPC, I suggest dropping either missile or ballistic and install more DHS.

I have tried every major Atlas build, across several closed beta resets and I find I do the most consistent high damage and kill ratio with 2 LPLas, 1 ERLL and 2 SSRM (Altas D). 23 DHS, but no endo.

I put the SSRM in the same group as the pulse lasers and just let them fire automatically whenever they get a lock.

It may seem simple, but it is by far my most effect build.

*Edit - Oh, and 2 tons of ammo is not near enough for either LRM's or Gauss.

Edited by Elddar, 02 November 2012 - 03:02 AM.

#10 Konflict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

That does sound interesting.

So you put 2x LPlas in arms and the ERLL in CT
No Gauss
2 SSRM in LT

Fill up on DHS and get rid of Endo

I haven't had an issues with ammo in the games I played but heat was a problem tbh. I did find that the MPL were not used that much. It was always a matter of heat, what do I fire. The Gauss gets blown off so much it doesn't really last a full game usually.

#11 Cutsman

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

My question is... why ERLL's? They weigh more, cost more, and generate more heat, for what? Some more range?

Not worth it IMO. The same goes for PPC's.

I tend to use regular LL's and LPL's instead of the ER's... just not worth it. Use the extra tonnage for more HS's.

#12 Konflict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:52 AM

Yup your correct on that. I will need to grind up some more credits to complete outfit on LPL's as I have ER's now. Heat index is looking very good now at 1.42 and plenty of space for a much larger engine which I need to grind for now.

#13 Capp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 306 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

View PostCutsman, on 02 November 2012 - 07:28 AM, said:

My question is... why ERLL's? They weigh more, cost more, and generate more heat, for what? Some more range?

Not worth it IMO. The same goes for PPC's.

I tend to use regular LL's and LPL's instead of the ER's... just not worth it. Use the extra tonnage for more HS's.

ERLLs weigh exactly the same as LLs. It's the LPLs that weigh 2 tons more each.

#14 Konflict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

Well I have played enough matches with this setup to almost have my pilot tree completed and I pretty much only pug.

Setup now is.
No Endo
ERLL in both arms and 1 in CT. So total of 3x ERLL's
2x SSRM's with 3 tons ammo in LT + 1 ton AMS ammo
1x AMS in LA
Standard 300 engine with 2 DHS
Besides engine total DHS's is 9

I am not sure what total number of DHS are, engine has how many ? 10 ?
So that would be 21 DHS ?

Total tonnage is 87.6 so I have plenty of space for a much larger engine if I want to spend the CBills for one.

Pros:
With 3x ERLL's I can snipe very well at long range. Hitting for 28 damage in one volley is very nice. Up close I can add another 10 damage with SSRM's for 38 if everything is perfect which is pretty good imo. I have killed several scouts with this who think they can get up close to me. Heat cool down does happen pretty fast.

Cons:
I can fire off maybe 3 volleys in a row before hit levels are very close to max before I have to hold back to cool down and just use SSRM's if target is close enough.

But it just doesn't feel like I am hitting very hard. I had a LRM Cat bum rush me and I sware I was hitting him right in the face 3 times and he was still going. Maybe my aim just sucks but I would have thought I had blown his cockpit out his back but didn't seem to happen. I did kill him in the end but it took a few extra volleys to do so.

People still target my RT to blow up a Gauss but all I have is DHS there and that does hurt heat levels when its taken out.

I can fit 2x SRM6's with 3 tons ammo instead of SSRM's which might work out better. I really did not get into long enough battles where ammo was a concern so 3 tons should be ok.

Just checked and about the biggest engine I can install is a Standard 350 with 4 DHS. In doing so I lose 2 DHS tho. That gives me a new speed of 56.7. 2.1 mil cost for the engine makes it a costly upgrade tho. for a less than 10 KPH speed dif.

#15 grobuzga

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4 posts
  • Location35.ru

Posted 03 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

I just started to play with my FAtlas, bought all the upgrades for it, and built it in my old fashioned way. 2xLLas in hadns, 2xAC2 in RT, 2xLRM15 in LT, AMS. both cannons and missile launchers have 3 tons of ammo, also 1 ton for AMS. Biggest engine I could fit gives me about 55km/h speed, additional heatsinks are only 3 in engine. Well, what can I say, I expected more efficiency of this build, but either I really need some sleep already, or it sucks... Will try it more tomorrow I guess :)

#16 Infavol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

View PostKonflict, on 01 November 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

Thanks guys. I haven't tried ERPPC's on one yet, might give it a go and see what happens. About how many DHS's can you cram into it ?

i run quad ERPPC's in my RS, i just alt fire to make lrm whores **** their pants, and when i know i have a kill shot, or an perfect shot lined up, i just alpha. 40 dmg to the cockpit eats almost any mech ive shot at under 100m, especially the stupid awesomes that think they can laser charge me derp,1 alpha takes me to about 60-70 prcnt heat, but cools quickly, since every slot is packed with heatsinks, and since im typically at a distance, i run an XL engine, but forgot which one(49.xx kph iirc)

#17 Konflict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Yeah I can't fit that many ERPPC's on the Fatlas :) One in each arm and a ERLL in CT is about it. Crap it can't even fit a XL300.

#18 Konflict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

I can fit 2 LRM 15's + 3 tons of ammo, that might be a better way to go. Sit back and be a sniper but still have some punch when things get close.

Edited by Konflict, 03 November 2012 - 02:39 PM.

#19 Konflict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:44 PM

How after patch my Heat Efficiency is down to 1.21 :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users