15 replies to this topic

#1 Garrond

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 80 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

Some patches ago they implemented a jamming-function to the UAC5 which made it pretty useless for every player playing without a fancy macro-capable keyboard. Is it still like ungroup/regroup the UAC5 for every weapon group to make it work again?

If so, what do you suggest to use on my new Wang as primary weapon (dont want to go zombie)?
dont like ac20 since it's extreme short-range.

#2 grobuzga

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4 posts
  • Location35.ru

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:32 AM

Im usin 2xAC/2, works for me good enough

#3 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:40 AM

Or you might set up a unjamming macro, for example with default logitech setpoint software that comes with a gaming mouse.
Pr any other macro program for that matter.

#4 Frosty Thundertrod

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:52 AM

If you dont dubble shoot the UAC5 wont jam and it still has a better rate of fire and longer range then a reguler ac5.

#5 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:55 AM

View PostFrosty Thundertrod, on 02 November 2012 - 02:52 AM, said:

If you dont dubble shoot the UAC5 wont jam and it still has a better rate of fire and longer range then a reguler ac5.

I think the challenge may be to not accidentaly double shoot the UAC. You would have to watch the cooldown bar precisely to avoid it.

#6 Voodoo 6

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 101 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:36 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 02 November 2012 - 02:40 AM, said:

Or you might set up a unjamming macro, for example with default logitech setpoint software that comes with a gaming mouse.
Pr any other macro program for that matter.

The macro's to unjam the UAC5 have been deemed an unfair advantage via an outside source to give you an edge over other people using a UAC5. The devs are aware of this issue and HAAAATE the jamming crap, assure yourself it will be re-done.

Using that macro is essentially cheating but I see your frustration, I'm a huge fan of the UAC5, but look at it this way...
Strap a regular AC/5 with a Gauss Rifle (like on an atlas, plus you save 1 slot+1 ton on the AC/5) and it works out really well because your shots go: BOTH, AC5, BOTH, AC5, BOTH, AC5. It's essentially an AC/20 at 600m range. Plus you get 30 shots with 1 ton of ammo for the AC5 vs the 25 you get with UAC5.

In regards to the jamming, it only happens when you double tap it and it doesn't happen too often, but it is getting re-done.

Edited by Voodoo 6, 02 November 2012 - 04:36 AM.

#7 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:56 AM

I've seen AC/2 + AC/5 or dual AC/2 on some Wangs who prefer autocannons. The 2-5 fires a bit more irregularly, but delivers more punch in the process.

#8 Orkimedes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

The UAC/5 actually fires over 50% faster than an AC/5, and can you distinguish when it's done reloading by the click, or more onomatopoeicly, 'ka-shunk' it makes when it's done reloading. I'm not sure if this is true, but I think it also only double fire when you hold the fire button, rather than a tap (a tap followed by a hold may also do this, again not sure if this is the case, but I remember something like this being in there somewhere at some point) If you just tap to fire and take even a teensy bit of time to aim (the relaod is rpetty fast imho) you'll be just fine most of the time.

Edited by Orkimedes, 02 November 2012 - 09:11 AM.

#9 zhajin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

in my atlas i found dual uac5 on chain fire quite effective. it was pretty easy not to dual fire because the chain fire makes for a fast refire rate, with just single fire. it was pretty easy to get use to the chain fire speeds so they never fired a second round. plus it has a great suppression fire effect and mean dps.

#10 Zerikin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

Its possible to mostly avoid them jamming but it takes extra effort to use. A pair of AC/5 is marginally better than a gauss but needs 203 extra tons for weapons/ammo and uses more heat. I'm avoiding the UAC/5 until they put in a new jammer mechanic, which I think is happening at some point.

#11 Kunaizel

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

IMO it's usable. The idea is that you take a risk when you double fire. So you'd better make sure you really NEED that damage OR you are in a safe situation, like providing support fire. But if my UAC jams I'm still perfectly capable of running away and doing the weapon group off/on thing. Remember that before the jam, AC5 was basically useless compared to UAC5 (1 more ton lol). The current system isn't perfect but I get what they are going for. It's not supposed to be easy to clear the jam since that removes the whole point. Still, hitting "right ctrl, right arrow, right ctrl, right arrow" a bunch of times isn't that hard to do given they are next to each other and all.

Anyway if you want to give up on it: dual AC2 is fun for the Yen. A single Gauss works easier than AC20. AC10 is a solid choice too really. To be honest all the ballistics are legit atm except machine guns. AC5 is underwhelming though, when you have so few backup weapons being a YLW, so that's why I think you should go with UAC5 anyway. Start getting faster with that unjamming and don't just doublefire all the time too.

Edited by Kunaizel, 02 November 2012 - 10:49 AM.

#12 Nomorga

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

Would be nice to make UAC jamming mechanic to work like railguns in MW mercenaries : once it jams it needs some time (6-7 secs don't rememb) and the gun resets and unjams. So you can take the risk to overfire under certain circumstances and then you need take cover or anyway stop relying on that gun for some secs. Easy and balanced.

Edited by Nomorga, 03 November 2012 - 01:15 AM.

#13 Heretic1311

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 12 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

View PostNomorga, on 03 November 2012 - 01:14 AM, said:

Would be nice to make UAC jamming mechanic to work like railguns in MW mercenaries : once it jams it needs some time (6-7 secs don't rememb) and the gun resets and unjams. So you can take the risk to overfire under certain circumstances and then you need take cover or anyway stop relying on that gun for some secs. Easy and balanced.

Railguns? Are you talking about the Rotary Autocannon? They have the Jamming in MW4 Mercs...

#14 Demoned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 670 posts
  • Locationi Died went to heaven, then died again now I'm in Equestria

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

on my Wang i run the AC10 with a machine gun.
now the machine gun is classed as useless, but it helps with aiming seeing it fires a few secs before the AC10
(with out group chain firing) so nearly every shot hits now :P
and heat management is good as well.

Edited by Demoned, 03 November 2012 - 10:40 AM.

#15 ZodiacX

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

I find the UAC5 still viable. Even without the double-tap it is still one of the higher dps ballistics weapons. The key is having the sense to not just hold the trigger when in the heat of combat.

I like to run 2 of them on my Atlas. While they may lack the oomph of an AC/20 and require 4 extra tons, they've got nearly twice the dps, a larger optimal range, and create more rocking with the shorter cycle time. Also though that double-tap can cause a lock up, it's nice to have that option when your target is nearly cored rather than waiting a full cycle.

Edit: Manually I can unjam the pair within 2s which isn't terribly unbearable.

Edited by ZodiacX, 03 November 2012 - 08:14 PM.

#16 DrFunfrock

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

I'm still using a UAC5 as my primary, and it's an awesome weapon. Unjamming takes less than a second (no, I'm not using any form of macro, just a good quality mechanical keyboard, and some old fashioned manual dexterity). If you're sucking with the UAC5 it's because you either don't have the situational awareness to spot when it jams, or you don't have the keyboard skill to unjam it quickly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users