Dat Catapult K2 ballistic hardpoints

12 replies to this topic

#1 theta123

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:44 AM

Hello folks. Open beta is upon us and i already aquired myself the Cicada.

But since CBT i felt like i should invest a bit in this company. For wich i am awaiting 20 euros to arrive on my paypal for usage as MC in this game.

With these funds, i want to purchase the Catapult K2. I have always been quite the fan of this vehicle because of its looks. Mainly it looks to me like a C&C GDI mech walker , wich brings good old memories

Now i am a fan of ballistic weapons. But i despise...gausscats. i LOVE AC cannons. So i feel like trowing 2 AC/10's on my Catapult K2, backed up by 4 medium lazers and as much armour as possible.

Bassicly, why i am making this thread, is the following= Does the ballistic hardpoints on the K2 have enough slots for the AC10?

I have found some threads regarding hardpoints, but they do not mention how much "slots" you have. So i am asking it now.

And to thee gausscats i say= you shall fear the arrival of the jagermech. Quadruple AC5 is so going on my jagermech

#2 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:48 AM

Go here: http://mwomercs.com/...echbay-program/
Download, unzip, run, and then tinker away to your heart's delight.

And the answer to your question is yes, an AC/10 will fit nicely in the K2's side torso.

#3 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:58 AM

Yes, you can fit it.

For all stats for weapons, see also here:
http://mwomercs.com/...s-excel-inside/

The Gauss Rifle needs 7 Slots and 15 tons, the AC/10 needs 7 Slots and 12 tons.
The only drawback of the AC/10 that it's not as effecient as the Gauss Rifle (which is why you see the Gauss Cats and not AC Cats, of course). Your advantage may be that you can afford to pack a bit more ammo or support a few side weapons like medium lasers so you can pack a similar punch - but you will need more heat sinks and thus overall more tonnage then the Gauss Rifle for the same "punch".

Edited by MustrumRidcully, 02 November 2012 - 03:01 AM.

#4 theta123

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:01 AM

my god that is one amazing handy program! Thanks alot!

#5 Skull Leader2

• PipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

I love the K2 as well and have played around a lot with the ballistic hardpoints in game. The dual AC/10 option gives you a nice big punch but it also requires a lot of space and tonnage. The Catpult is great for a lot of thing but its big head, medium armor and lower speed dont make it the best brawler which is where the AC/10's excel. Just my two cents (don't know the Euro equivalent) I would go with dual AC/5's or just 1 Gauss. This gives you longer range where a Cat is better suited to engage. Dual AC/5's also make a nice high rate of fire and disruption to an enemy mech.

#6 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:20 AM

View PostSkull Leader2, on 02 November 2012 - 05:16 AM, said:

Just my two cents (don't know the Euro equivalent)

It's cents, actually :P
1 euro = 100 cents.

Edited by stjobe, 02 November 2012 - 05:22 AM.

#7 theta123

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:42 AM

View PostSkull Leader2, on 02 November 2012 - 05:16 AM, said:

I love the K2 as well and have played around a lot with the ballistic hardpoints in game. The dual AC/10 option gives you a nice big punch but it also requires a lot of space and tonnage. The Catpult is great for a lot of thing but its big head, medium armor and lower speed dont make it the best brawler which is where the AC/10's excel. Just my two cents (don't know the Euro equivalent) I would go with dual AC/5's or just 1 Gauss. This gives you longer range where a Cat is better suited to engage. Dual AC/5's also make a nice high rate of fire and disruption to an enemy mech.

Brawling issent exactly the goal. I always stick to friendly mechs, Atlas and such. And i use my range of 450m to its fullest effect. I have rather weird play styles when it comes to this. But its a bit of preparation till the Jagermech comes.
And gauss rifles...well, i find them a bit to powerfull for my taste. Just my 2 EURO cents :P

#8 Hex Pallett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,009 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationHomeless, in the streets of Solaris 7

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

http://mwomercs.com/...llistic-weapon/

Yes you can fit those in, but do yourself a favor and use AC2 instead.

#9 Culler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 371 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:34 AM

View PostHelmstif, on 02 November 2012 - 06:25 AM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...llistic-weapon/

Yes you can fit those in, but do yourself a favor and use AC2 instead.

This. AC/2s have the highest dps of all the ballistic weapons (except the UAC/5 which jams) with fantastic range and frankly, they're just fun to use. I ran an AC/2 cat in CB and had a blast with it. The only downside is that it runs hotter than a gausscat and you have to stay on target, so strictly speaking it's not quite as good but you do get the utility of shaking your opponent constantly. You are going to want at least 6 tons of ammo, I recommend 7 tons. Other than that, take as many heat sinks as you can, and you probably want to upgrade to double heat sinks and/or an XL engine. You may want to take a pair of medium lasers to fend off scouts (a fast scout is extremely hard to do good damage to with a rapid fire ballistic weapon.)

#10 AtomicFrawg

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 173 posts
  • LocationLafayette, La

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:44 AM

Twin AC20's :P

#11 theta123

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

View PostCuller, on 02 November 2012 - 06:34 AM, said:

This. AC/2s have the highest dps of all the ballistic weapons (except the UAC/5 which jams) with fantastic range and frankly, they're just fun to use. I ran an AC/2 cat in CB and had a blast with it. The only downside is that it runs hotter than a gausscat and you have to stay on target, so strictly speaking it's not quite as good but you do get the utility of shaking your opponent constantly. You are going to want at least 6 tons of ammo, I recommend 7 tons. Other than that, take as many heat sinks as you can, and you probably want to upgrade to double heat sinks and/or an XL engine. You may want to take a pair of medium lasers to fend off scouts (a fast scout is extremely hard to do good damage to with a rapid fire ballistic weapon.)

I have installed 2 AC2's for fun on my cicada. And i have to say this is a FUN yet underestimated firepower. Especially effective against gausscats, because they cant focus in aiming aswel when they are constantly getting pelted by AC2 shots

But my cicada chassis is to light for this combination to have effective defensive firepower. So yeah, i might try that Dual AC2 on K2. And the weight i save can be used for Medium pulse lazors and ammo.

#12 Shalune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCombination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

Why stop at 10s? I've seen K2s running around with dual AC20s.

If you want a longer ranged build you can also try 2x AC2/5 and 2+ large lasers. It's not going to get you lots of kills, but it's good at suppressing things. Rattle them with alternating ACs and melt away armor with the lasers.

#13 theta123

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:55 AM

Well i managed to get my K2. So far i got the Dual AC10 installed and 4 medium lazers. 4 ton of Ammo are installed aswel. The engine is the 210 and armor is almost maxed out. Endo steel in place aswel as double heatsinks

SO far i am very enjoying this build. I can fire faster then a gauss, deal enough damage, and yet not feel guilty about it! Gonna be playing with it for a while, then i am gonna change the 2 AC10 with 2 AC2/5's and 2 large lazers. See how that works out.

Jenners seem to love my K2 however. I must stick to teammates to survive but i can tell you, i really enjoy seeing all that damage being dished out :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users