Flamethrower and heat generation

6 replies to this topic

#1 Venduhl

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

First: i apologize for my bad english, thats my first time that i trust to write a bigger text in forum. I hope u let me alive =)

Second: Thats my first rly Mech game that i play, my brother bring me to MWO because, he is THE realy great fan of all Mech Warrior and Battle Mech storys, And he infected me... totally!

Now my questions:
I play now with a Jenner. I gives it a Flamer and a Tag and run behind a big Mech and disturb him. Thats a cool tactic and makes lot of fun.

Then, i gave my Jenner 5 Flamer and a Tag and did the same. And my problem is, that i dont see a difference. I can flame like 1 Minute without cooling down. And if i have to cool down, i run one time a circle and give them more fire. But, i just got the feeling that 5 Flamer bring not more then 1 Flamer.

So i decided to unrig 3 Flamer and bought 3 Small Pulse Laser. So i can shot a bit at the feets or arms while im fire them off.

I got no problems with my own Heat generation, I bought 3 Sinks and rig them in my feets. As i said, i can fire a long time =)

But, what is with the heat generation of my opponent? If i flame him with 1 Flamer, how much heat is he generating? And worth it to buy more Flamer then one?

Thats it.

#2 Spectr1

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:25 AM

this is a really good question.

i uses also 2 to 3 flamers a time and wondering myself there is no real differnce in it.

i wondering also, when a mech is shut down because of overheating and i heat him with my flamer he will not explode. even if he makes a shutdown override and i heat him with two flamers one more minute nothing will happen...

#3 Adrius91

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:54 AM

Flamers do next to nothing in their current state, you're much more likely to overheat yourself than your enemy.

It can delay overheated mechs from cooling down a bit, keeping them shut down for a bit longer, but that's its sole use as far as I know.

I'd never bring even 1 to the battlefield, much less 5 of them.

Edited by Adrius91, 02 November 2012 - 04:55 AM.

#4 LynxX X

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:57 AM

I'll Try to explain it. Fell free to correct ne if somethings not true.

A flamer generates 0,6 Heat / 0,5 sec (to ur Mech)
To the traget it transfers 0,2 Heat / 0,5 sec

So u heat up faster then the target if u fire them Flamers.

Ur opponent has Heatsinks that discharge that heat. So u cant overheat him at all. (if u had really much flamers, then, sure. but no mech had that much slots)
He's does overheating if he keeps firering his weapons cause he cant cool down that well...

#5 destraudo

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:00 AM

Finding this out is pretty disappointing. I just threw three flamers onto my mech thinking it would make a great support to larger mechs taking on another large enemy. Let them win the fight by keeping the enemy overheated. Guess i will be taking them off again. For a game that relies so heavily on numbers and stats they can be surprisingly hard to find.

EDIT for lynx xx post.

That's it???? That is all the heat it transfers to target? Mind blown. What a waste of c bills.

Edited by destraudo, 02 November 2012 - 05:02 AM.

#6 LynxX X

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:12 AM

Yep. It's horrible as machine guns... ;-)

But in TT, these weapons are used against infantry, set forests on fire etc...
They're not intented as Anti Mech weapons...

#7 Venduhl

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:18 AM

Hmmm, then i do not understand why i can use them in this game :/
I wanted to play a Mech that only marks and disturb the bigger Mechs like Atlas. But now i think, ive been better with guns in melee.

Edited by Venduhl, 02 November 2012 - 05:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users