I just want to join a group not apply for a home loan

5 replies to this topic

#1 Marshael

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:48 AM

Why is it so hard to find group to drop with. Other MMO's have in game chat that you can use to find clans fleets or whatever. Why does this game suck at allowing people to chat and connect?

#2 Commander Tealc

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 67 posts
  • LocationSteel Marauders HQ (Australia)

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:53 AM

well the best way to go is to look at the merc corp recruiting thread and join a merc group we all use our own voice servers and forums so we can talk tactics and build teams to work together hope you find a good group to join

Commander Tealc
Co.Admin
IceTalons.
http://icetalon.enjin.com/forum

#3 JamboJuice

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 84 posts
  • LocationArmpit of America, South Carolina

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

Well, currently the forums has a Merc Corp Hiring section if you're looking for something permament. However if you want to play casually and you have a Microphone head over to the Unofficial Teamspeak server and look for a group among the Dropships. You can group with random people or if you're interested some Merc Corps will allow you to do a trial drop with them if you're interested in joining.

http://mwomercs.com/...oups-and-teams/
This topic goes in all the awesome detail that should answer 90% of your questions. Section 6 covers VOIP and has links to the information with server addresses. Anything you can't find feel free to ask on the server, there is an education center that you can go to for help.

Good luck and see you Groundside!

#4 Skyrek

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:50 AM

Some solid advice in here.

If you are serious about finding a good group to drop with, take the time to peruse the forums further as there are many units actively recruiting new members. While, some seem to require an essay on why you'd like to join (this acts as a filter), there are a few who do not and simply do everything for fun. I definitely agree with hopping on the Unofficial TS3 server (that's one of the first things I suggest to those seeking advice). There's almost always someone there willing to help or simply form up a group to drop. It's also home to various units.

For ease of access, the list of public voice comm servers is located here: http://mwomercs.com/...e-chat-servers/

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Edited by Skyrek, 02 November 2012 - 06:51 AM.

#5 MayGay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 304 posts
  • LocationOntario

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:14 AM

View PostMarshael, on 02 November 2012 - 04:48 AM, said:

Why is it so hard to find group to drop with. Other MMO's have in game chat that you can use to find clans fleets or whatever. Why does this game suck at allowing people to chat and connect?

not to sound like a douche, but does the term beta mean anything to you?

#6 Vichus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 21 posts
  • LocationNear Pittsburgh

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:48 AM

Check out the No Guts No Galaxy teamspeak server at 63.209.37.2:9196
There are always plenty of people on. Just hop into the Looking for Group channel or better yet, just find a dropship channel with less than 8 and introduce yourself. People are really friendly and its a great way to meet players and maybe find a Merc Corps to join. If you see me on there, please stop in and say hello, I'll help you find a group if mine is full.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users