No replies to this topic

#1 PhigNewtenz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 126 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:39 PM

I understand that features were put in place to prevent people 'farming' xp and c-bills by AFKing, DCing, and suiciding.

Unfortunately, this is a beta in which the game routinely crashes, bugs out, and just does other unpredictable things. I was just in a match where I collided with another mech, started bouncing around, then was suddenly launched out of bounds. After dealing the most damage on my team, organizing a strategy (in a pub game, too!), getting a kill, and spotting a number of targets, I got zero victory c-bills or xp. I still had to pay upkeep on my Jenner that self destructed because I was too far out of bounds to get back.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer"

Anytime you add a 'feature' that attempts to punish people who are exploiting the game, you better be darn sure that it's not going to negatively affect good, rule abiding players. If you can't fix these 'features' by maybe adding a few lines of code to check if a player has contributed before your broken physics engine kills him, or that enough time has gone by that the person clearly isn't farming c-bills, then these features should be removed entirely. I understand that farming is a worry, but it's never negatively impacted my game experience nearly as much as being wrongly caught in these wide-cast nets of punishment.

Do better. I know you can.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users