10 replies to this topic

#1 Tuvar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 114 posts
  • LocationCharleston, WV

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

So, there are many recruitment threads telling me about friendly well oiled machines, and while in Beta without all the features that all one could ask for. Once conquest and the game evolves into a release and beyond what then? I'd like to find a good crew to sign onto because I want to pound the group and mangle face, but I want to find a group who's going to be active it beating on the other houses taking their territory. In other words things past just the endless deathmatch we have now AKA Endgame.

Quick background, been around since Mechwarrior 2, played MC series, hell even played the old school Cresent Hawk lol. I can build a good build, fire straight, and don't chuck LRM's at someone under 180m. Had to throw that in there, seen a lot of dirt moved by laser fired at their own feet and missiles bounced off of someone to close. I should throw out there than I am competitive and played MMO's for 15 years or so, and I like to talk crap to my lancemates in good fun. We all like to mess around in good fun, but if your unit can't take a joke or some messing around I'm most likely not for you. I try to be respectful but sometimes your not always aware of everyone in chat lol.

I've checked out a few sites, and hit a few threads but decided to see where the various unit saw themselves at release.

#2 Bad Electric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 174 posts
  • LocationChantilly Va

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

Tuver,

Planetary capture is what we're all waiting for. HHGD was very active in MPBT 3025 which started (even in beta) as planetary capture. I assume most of the Davion units "threading" for recruits has this in mind.

Until it is implemented, this is nothing more than training and giving all of us old mech pilots something to shoot and BS together on coms. it is helping us build the rapport between our lancemates as well.

B E

#3 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

Just because I have to say this after seeing this thread, if you guys think you are going to take Liao territory you are going to end up staring in disbelief as you completely fail at that task..

#4 Qin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 186 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

If they only give us a droproom, and the ability to choose what other team to fight, im sure we can become very creative in creating a succession war or 2 :)

#5 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:00 AM

View Postdal10, on 01 November 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

Just because I have to say this after seeing this thread, if you guys think you are going to take Liao territory you are going to end up staring in disbelief as you completely fail at that task..

Less credible things have happened Dal

Until we get it, we won't know just who will manage to take what

Until then GL, GH, HF.

@ Tuver

Best thing you can do right now if your looking for a unit sir, is to visit em all, and don't let em brow beat you with requests that *now that you've played ion our server, why not go sign up eh*

There are enough units still looking for players that once CW happens, it should be a hell of a lot of fun, regardless of who takes what.

Like BE has stated, the HH, regardless of which regiment, were VERY active and will be once more.

<S>

Chewie

#6 Apoc1138

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:31 AM

What will be interesting is... the biggest rewards on off seem to be for merc corps who can control their own territory / multiple planets... so will you be able to be a merc corp AND support a faction, or are you, as a merc corp, out on your own, and how will this affect the bigger groups who want to support a house but are also big enough to be a merc corp in their own right...

@Chewie... will the various HH regiments be cooperating in game e.g. in a single merc corp for example? or staying in seperate ones? I've looked at all 3 of the HH regiments and it's a bit confusing as to how many members they each have and what the relationship between them is

#7 Bad Electric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 174 posts
  • LocationChantilly Va

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:28 AM

Apoc,

as far as HHGD or HHoD, we are different regimental combat teams formed from the remnants of the old HH.
we were all part of HeadHunters in AOL MPBT, then Gamestorm/Kesmai MPBT, then MPBT3025 and even some MW 4.

at the peak of aol/gamestorm Headhunters ranked over 500 folks.

Both units communicate regularly, but we aren't affiliated other than fighting for House Davion and sharing a long & storied history if that makes sense. but make no mistake, we are both seperate units with different visions, goals and philosophies.

As for the "merc" side of things, Darkbringer, one of the old, old HH decided to start a merc unit in this version of the game.
i am guessing he wasn't happy with the direction of either regiment and is more interested in the merc aspect. I cannot speak for DB, perhaps he will post to this thread himself. I do believe his thread had been moved to merc corps recruiting section and you can probably find it there.

hope this helps with some of the confusion.

B E

#8 Bad Electric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 174 posts
  • LocationChantilly Va

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:43 AM

as for the dispicable Liao post in our thread: (really guys, don't you have your own forums)?

Dear sir, you must not have been around (or forgot) for Kesmai MPBT or MPBT 3025.

The only thing we will be staring at after invasion of the Liao empire, is smoking Liao mechs on the ground, scattered across the field of battle.

And of course tearfull Liao wenches at the local pubs afterwards. sadly as from my recollection, Liao women don't wear enough makeup (that they sorely need), the bright side to this is that their tears won't ruin their mascara :P

See you planet side

Bad Electric

#9 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:26 AM

people from Davion and Steiner come over to our forums all the time, so I just return the favor :P. remember EGA? 7 people held off all the davies each night.

I guess we will meet after we burn down new avalon. because guess which IS capitol planet has never fallen? guess what, it is not new avalon.

#10 LordRush

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 422 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

I am unsure how many of you were here when the thread called AFFS COC {I believe it is on Page 5 here on Davion forums}, but I highly suggest you take the time to read it.
Albeit is rough to read at times as alot of heated exchanges were made, I being one of them /grins but...some very good points {whether I agreed or not} were made
We have a TON of things to take into consideration and to boot....THOUSANDS of people more than we had with a combination of MPBT:Solaris/3025.
If your a commander or leader in your unit fighting for Davion, although the thread is now locked, I highly suggest the read.

#11 Tuvar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 114 posts
  • LocationCharleston, WV

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

Those that bark the loudest usually have no bite.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users