capping or capturing a base discussion

7 replies to this topic

#1 RFMarine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:02 PM

Okay, capturing a base is done by standing inside the red square of the enemy base. You can walk or run too but if your mech is not maneuverable, some of the time your curving trajectory will take you outside of the red square so standing might be faster.

Any enemy mech also inside the red square stops your capture.

[BUG] while you are capturing, you get no indication other than a slowly shrinking horizontal bar on the top of your HUD, while the enemy team gets a red flashing "base under attack" warning

[SUGGESTION] add some sort of indicator. Maybe a red flashing "capturing base" on the HUD

multiple mechs inside the red square increase capping speed.

capping speed can be increased by buying a special module for your mech (not sure if its implemented yet) and/or purchasing the appropriate pilot power using XP

question: is capping speed the same for big and small mechs or is capping speed proportional to the tonnage?

Edited by RFMarine, 03 November 2012 - 06:14 AM.

#2 Avin

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:25 AM

Yes, capping speed is the same regardless of mech size. Numbers are what matters. It takes 1 mech 120 seconds (I think) to capture a base. Two mechs will do it in 60 seconds, three in 40 seconds.

#3 RFMarine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:26 AM

the module that makes capturing faster is the capture accelerator. 15% inc in speed, zero tons as far as i can tell and 6 million cbills in cost

the pilot "power" is also called the capture accelerator and increases cap rate by 15%. not sure if it stacks. it costs 15,000 GXP. GXP not XP. its under the ff tabs pilot lab>pilot trees>support modules

Edited by RFMarine, 03 November 2012 - 06:15 AM.

#4 msqueak

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

You need to get the power before you can get the module.

#5 Greers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:56 AM

View Postmsqueak, on 03 November 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

You need to get the power before you can get the module.

That's right. And I remember a thread where they stated only 3 of those Modules stack, so if 8 Mechs use it, the 15% are only counted 3 times not 8 times.

#6 RFMarine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

can you capture while powered down?

what if you have jumpjets and you hover a lot, will the time spent hovering count?

#7 invictusalex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationSaint-Petersburg, Russia

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

View PostRFMarine, on 09 November 2012 - 07:19 AM, said:

can you capture while powered down?

what if you have jumpjets and you hover a lot, will the time spent hovering count?

1. Yes. Very funny, if your enemy equiped only with SSRM2 :(
2. No.

Edited by invictusalex, 18 November 2012 - 01:50 AM.

#8 Zensei

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 605 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

I have the capture accelerator and it does not seem to be working, 6 mil down the drain as far as i can tell, several games now where i have been in their base and announced as enemy base capture and then they get on base and i know it was 1 on 1 at that point from the dead comments and it did not work

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users