34 replies to this topic

#21 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

View PostBerryChunks, on 12 January 2013 - 01:38 AM, said:

oohhh... you better not link Guerilla (asymmetrical) warfare, homeland security will be watching you for inciting "domestic" terrorism.

Did not know that. There probably watching me right now saying to themselves damn he got some nice hair. They have already added a plentiful amount of reasons to watch people anyway that are not war related.

I don't really need the link anyways for this guide so it's good idea to take it out.

#22 BerryChunks

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Really just a joke about the fascism and stupidity of the whole issue. They used their powers to invested Occupy Wall Street organizers as "potential domestic terrorists", to cut through the red tape that's supposed to protect citizens from government prying and control.

Noone remembers the 12 year old schoolgirl they pulled from her class because she was saying GW was a terrible president.

Edited by BerryChunks, 13 January 2013 - 10:12 PM.

#23 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

Every new account/player should have to read that Guide. Then watch the Tutorial video's. Result? Voila. Ready made, useful, contributing PUG's. <_<

#24 Xenophontis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

Great topic! I put this in my Merc Corps General Discussion board for everyone, old and new, to check out.

The formations link no longer works, do you think we could get an updated link?

#25 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:59 AM

View PostXenophontis, on 05 February 2013 - 08:12 AM, said:

Great topic! I put this in my Merc Corps General Discussion board for everyone, old and new, to check out.

The formations link no longer works, do you think we could get an updated link?

Aw the formations seems deleted. :( Did anyone back it up? It's not on my computer.

Edited by ArchSight, 06 February 2013 - 04:05 AM.

#26 StalaggtIKE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

+1. Very organized and informative. Probably the best around. It's a shame that ECM was dropped and all of the following was made, more or less, obsolete. You may want to put something in there about ECM. Other than that, everything looks great.

View PostArchSight, on 03 November 2012 - 02:07 AM, said:

TARGETING ("R" BY DEFAULT. USE IT WELL, AND USE IT OFTEN)

Posted Image

With the current game's netcode and design, it sometimes takes a few moments for the specific information about a target to appear. However, if you keep an enemy locked, all of this info will show up eventually.

TARGET ARMAMENTS:
Knowing your enemy's loadout has the potential to win battles for you. For instance, an enemy Awesome could be a medium pulse laser boat capable of tearing you apart at close range. Or, it could just be a stock variant with 3 PPCs which become almost useless at 90m or less. Use this readout to your advantage and as a basis for engaging targets.

TARGET STATUS:
The functionality for this readout is the same as it is for your mech's status in the bottom left of the screen, where each part's armor is shown as a outline that fades from bright yellow to orange to red as that part is damaged. Once the part receives enough damage, the outline disappears and damage is then applied to the part itself. If a part is missing, it means it has been destroyed and any weapons/ammunition/jumpjets located on that part will no longer be usable. In the latest patch, completely fresh and undamaged parts appear grey and transparent.

TOTAL REMAINING HEALTH:
This can often be mistaken for "essential" information. While useful in a general sense, it is better to pay more attention to the enemy's "paper doll" (TARGET STATUS) in the top-right corner. This is because the percentage readout is taking all remaining armor and internal integrity into account, whereas the paper doll will show you exactly which areas have been damaged. If an enemy's health percentage is particularly low, that enemy has probably caused your team to spend a lot of ammo and time to get it there.

DISTANCE TO TARGET:
The exact distance between your target and the mech. Essential for LRMs as well as just generally maximizing your damage.

TARGET DESIGNATION:
This feature is easily one of the most overlooked UI elements for the casual PUG player. However, as soon as you start playing in a group, this letter becomes your best friend for focusing fire. As each enemy is targeted by you or your teammates, the enemy is assigned a sequential letter from A-H. This lets your team call out targets to watch out for, fire LRMs at, going towards the base, etc. If you are using a Teamspeak/Vent/etc. server to play with your group, it would be prudent to familiarize yourself with the NATO verbal alphabet so you can call out these letters confidently (plus, it just sounds cooler). Here's the alphabet up to "L" since 12v12 will be the max:

A - Alpha (or Alfa)
B - Bravo
C - Charlie
D - Delta
E - Echo
F - Foxtrot
G - Golf
H - Hotel
I - India
J - Juliet
K - Kilo (pronounced "Key-loh")
L - Lima (pronounced "Lee-mah")

Edited by StalaggtIKE, 18 February 2013 - 04:52 PM.

#27 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:32 PM

This should be a sticky.

#28 J4ck4l

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

Great guide, too bad: "“LEFT MOUSE” Fires Vertical Highlighted Weapon Group" is no longer an option.....

#29 Colonel Fubar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 650 posts
  • LocationPlanet Agoge in the Mitera System

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

Outstanding! A very nice in depth guide for the tourist. ;)

#30 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:09 AM

Strange this didn't get a sticky... how do you nominate a sticky besides posting? :P

#31 zikawesome

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:19 AM

hi guys

#32 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:13 PM

View PostReno Blade, on 14 March 2014 - 06:09 AM, said:

Strange this didn't get a sticky... how do you nominate a sticky besides posting? :(

It's an old guide that isn't updated with the new stuff that happened. This why it's not getting a sticky.

View Postzikawesome, on 03 May 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

hi guys

Hi, i'm compiling information to update this guide again. It'll be the 4th version of this guide that will add the missing content, fix information errors, and add some new things. I hope it will help out players like it did before. I want to have more mechwarriors to shoot at.

Edited by ArchSight, 05 May 2014 - 01:41 AM.

#33 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:45 AM

I updated the guide it's now a mechwarrior producer machine again. There is 7,937 words in 22 pages full of everything I know of thats possible in game. ECM is added finally! Along with the new notable item information for that information that doesn't stand out about certain things. Bunch of new stuff added to the other subjects. I'm only missing the defender and support role which is not needed immediatly and can be defined in many different ways for mwo. Oh yeah forgot, the arm lock and third person optional toggles in the esc options screen. I'll explain that later.

I'm going to go take a long nap now.

Edited by ArchSight, 08 May 2014 - 02:09 AM.

#34 guktron

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 06 November 2014 - 05:55 PM

An excellent resource! Thank you sir!

#35 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:45 PM

This is in dire and desperate need of a Bump. Gosh hope I don't get into trouble for bumping this...I hate getting into trouble.

That's my story, and I'm stickin with it. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users