40 replies to this topic

#21 Fl3tcher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

View PostJules Gonzales, on 03 November 2012 - 06:26 AM, said:

Ohh i can't wait get to know why someone would have a sick fetish

This is interesting, I watch MPL because my kids like it and I watch it with them. :huh:

You appear to spend your time thinking about people performing sick fetish acts? :unsure:

I'm so glad I'm just some normal guy who enjoys watching cartoons with his kids and not some kind of wierd fantaphile :D

#22 Teralitha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

Who cares about a closed beta tournament that you had to try and get matched up with over several games in a random matchmaker... Glad those of you that bothered to waste your time had fun.

Why dont you wait til MWO has a REAL tourney. Then your interviews might matter. Ill still watch them though, to get a good laugh, if nothing else.

#23 Monkey Bone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 726 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:53 AM

View PostFl3tcher, on 04 November 2012 - 08:22 AM, said:

This is interesting, I watch MPL because my kids like it and I watch it with them. :huh:

You appear to spend your time thinking about people performing sick fetish acts? :unsure:

I'm so glad I'm just some normal guy who enjoys watching cartoons with his kids and not some kind of wierd fantaphile :D

You know what they are like. These people DONT watch them with their kids.

#24 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

Can't wait for it to hit Itunes, will be watching for it.

#25 Fl3tcher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

View PostJules Gonzales, on 04 November 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

You know what they are like. These people DONT watch them with their kids.

I'm not sure I understand the point your making. See, I'm also an anime fan and I watch that by myself, does that make me some kind of freak because I watch some kind of animation (that dosn't involve ponies) alone?

Lets compare shall we? the last episode of MLP I watched involved one of the main characters being captured by a group of treasure hungry creatures who tied her up to a minecart which, being a pony she had to pull. She complained so much that in the end they let her go unharmed.

The last anime I watched involved cybernetically reconstructed children under drug enduced mind control being used by their adult handlers to kill people, aka, Gunslinger Girl.

But you see, Gunslinger Girl is considered to be ok, because, well, it's anime. MLP FiM is considered not to be ok for, and this is the only reason I've been able to find, because, "it's for children" What? like most anime?

I can understand the whole Brony issue because well, they are a very diverse bunch, but so are anime fans, and that's considered acceptable.

Yes, there are a few "strange fruit" amongst the fans of MLP, but then again we can say that about any kind of fandom. The sight of a 47 year old man with stubble (and hairy legs) dressed as Sasami from Tenchi Muyo will forever haunt my nightmares , I won't mention the two guys who did Card Captor Sakura. . . . . . but again, that's fine, it's part of the fandom, it's perfectly normal for guys into anime to dress as a young schoolgirls! It's Just not ok to like some kids show about ponies.

Do I consider myself a brony? I sure as hell don't, to me the word has the same connotations as Otaku, and we all know how bad that is right? :)

Am I a fan of the pastel ponies? Of course, after watching and listening to the stories about friendship, loyalty and working together as a team to achieve a goal who wouldn't be?

(edited because the filter dosn't accept the technical term for girls under the age of 13)

Edited by Fl3tcher, 04 November 2012 - 10:29 AM.

#26 oneyou

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

bump for this being live

#27 Protection

• 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:27 PM

But Eridani Light Pony suck!

#28 Valaska

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 392 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

View PostFl3tcher, on 04 November 2012 - 10:27 AM, said:

I'm not sure I understand the point your making. See, I'm also an anime fan and I watch that by myself, does that make me some kind of freak because I watch some kind of animation (that dosn't involve ponies) alone?

Lets compare shall we? the last episode of MLP I watched involved one of the main characters being captured by a group of treasure hungry creatures who tied her up to a minecart which, being a pony she had to pull. She complained so much that in the end they let her go unharmed.

The last anime I watched involved cybernetically reconstructed children under drug enduced mind control being used by their adult handlers to kill people, aka, Gunslinger Girl.

But you see, Gunslinger Girl is considered to be ok, because, well, it's anime. MLP FiM is considered not to be ok for, and this is the only reason I've been able to find, because, "it's for children" What? like most anime?

I can understand the whole Brony issue because well, they are a very diverse bunch, but so are anime fans, and that's considered acceptable.

Yes, there are a few "strange fruit" amongst the fans of MLP, but then again we can say that about any kind of fandom. The sight of a 47 year old man with stubble (and hairy legs) dressed as Sasami from Tenchi Muyo will forever haunt my nightmares , I won't mention the two guys who did Card Captor Sakura. . . . . . but again, that's fine, it's part of the fandom, it's perfectly normal for guys into anime to dress as a young schoolgirls! It's Just not ok to like some kids show about ponies.

Do I consider myself a brony? I sure as hell don't, to me the word has the same connotations as Otaku, and we all know how bad that is right? :)

Am I a fan of the pastel ponies? Of course, after watching and listening to the stories about friendship, loyalty and working together as a team to achieve a goal who wouldn't be?

(edited because the filter dosn't accept the technical term for girls under the age of 13)

Because gunslinger girl isn't made for 4-8 year old children mate, and there are some extremely creepy people out there that -REALLY- like my little pony. To be honest MechWarrior and BattleTech were one of the last places I want to interact with Bronies.

I've met a few of them in real life, they usually had those hoodies etc, and they are typically socially a bit awkward but people you can ignore or won't try and convince you the show is good... Because in person they get skorned when they speak about how you should like a childrens show, or would be beaten to a pulp if they showed you the MASS of "Pony ****" that the Brony community has created.

BattleTech and MechWarrior have been my "Sanity" fall back, people in BattleTech were typically very sane and intelligent, people in MechWarrior, excluding Living Legends of course, are usually very reasonable and easy people to get a long with... I don't know what the hell Living Legends did but yeah. So when someone comes and absolutely butchers one of my favorite aspects of Battletech (Eridani Light Horse), I actually loose faith in the BattleTech as a whole and the direction its going.

The worst thing is I've watched an episode with my niece, and its not a bad show! For kids under 12 that is.

#29 Frosted

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 515 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

Yes watching any kind of anime aimed at children makes you a creep

#30 Valaska

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 392 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

View PostFrosted, on 04 November 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

Yes watching any kind of anime aimed at children makes you a creep

See thats a bit far as I know some guys who watch Adventure Time etc, which hell I've seen and its made me chuckle. But the moment you start to form a community around it, thats when it becomes creepy as ****. Saturday Morning (or sunday? I don't remember) Cartoons can be a guilty pleasure, but shouldn't be a defining point of who you are.

#31 Lillian StarChild

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

Don't feed the trolls. Some people just can't bare to see other people doing their own thing. Also some people are easily made distraught boohoo chortle away at their misery.

God and some people watch Pop Idol and friends and stars in their eyes and come dancing and Television! I hate them the most -.-

I turned on the television the other day, England were in some kind of cup and had managed to make it past the qualifiers, well it's only traditional to watch then, so you can stand around and go "yes I saw the effeminate man kick the sphere into the net too, crazy" only to discover I wasn't ready for the digital switchover and my tv didn't have signal.

Edited by Lillian StarChild, 04 November 2012 - 12:51 PM.

#32 Fabe

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:58 PM

View PostValaska, on 04 November 2012 - 12:36 PM, said:

Because gunslinger girl isn't made for 4-8 year old children mate, and there are some extremely creepy people out there that -REALLY- like my little pony. To be honest MechWarrior and BattleTech were one of the last places I want to interact with Bronies.

I've met a few of them in real life, they usually had those hoodies etc, and they are typically socially a bit awkward but people you can ignore or won't try and convince you the show is good... Because in person they get skorned when they speak about how you should like a childrens show, or would be beaten to a pulp if they showed you the MASS of "Pony ****" that the Brony community has created.

BattleTech and MechWarrior have been my "Sanity" fall back, people in BattleTech were typically very sane and intelligent, people in MechWarrior, excluding Living Legends of course, are usually very reasonable and easy people to get a long with... I don't know what the hell Living Legends did but yeah. So when someone comes and absolutely butchers one of my favorite aspects of Battletech (Eridani Light Horse), I actually loose faith in the BattleTech as a whole and the direction its going.

The worst thing is I've watched an episode with my niece, and its not a bad show! For kids under 12 that is.

WOW you sound like you're way too much into battletech all most like its some sort of fetish for you.

#33 Valaska

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 392 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

View PostFabe, on 04 November 2012 - 12:58 PM, said:

WOW you sound like you're way too much into battletech all most like its some sort of fetish for you.

... Just don't look under my mattress and it'll all be fine.

#34 Lillian StarChild

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

Gunslinger girls was awesome btw - loli's with guns.

#35 Runz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 329 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationInternational Man of Mystery (I travel a lot)

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

First up; guys this isn't the place to carry out pro or anti pony discussions - there are specific threads and PGI are rightly keen to ensure that pony/anti-pony is kept to a minimum.

Second: Eridani Light Pony were invited first as they are a very good team and purely for that reason. They won the RHOD Tournament which was hard fought. They deserved the win and they deserved the chance to talk about the experience and tell people who enjoyed watching them a little more about themselves.

Third: Having spoken to them and interviewed them, Hylius, HappySpawn and Protection were great guys, not socially awkward but in fact very engaging and a joy to talk to. They kept very much on topic about MWO and the competitive scene.

If you watched the show I hope you enjoyed it - I will post up links to youtube and itunes (it'll be free ofc) when I get them done. You should also be able to watch the video on twitch at http://www.twitch.tv/runhotordie

I know we had a couple of technical issues (ahhh skype) but I hope that wasn't too much of a distraction. I appreciate any constructive feedback you guys may have.

#36 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

View PostTeralitha, on 04 November 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

Who cares about a closed beta tournament that you had to try and get matched up with over several games in a random matchmaker... Glad those of you that bothered to waste your time had fun.

Why dont you wait til MWO has a REAL tourney. Then your interviews might matter. Ill still watch them though, to get a good laugh, if nothing else.

It's too bad that you didn't participate in the tourney. You would have realized how it wasn't a waste at all, it was very easy to sync matches, and highly competitive. I'm guessing that House Jurai is a non-competitive team, so that's okay. There's room for casual Role-play individuals/players as well. Just not in this league. So I don't expect to ever see HJ applying to join a league our tournament in the future, at least, not so long as you are a member of that team.

Another congratulations to ELP is in-order, and a big thank you to Runz for operating/hosting the podcast.

Edited by TheMagician, 04 November 2012 - 02:08 PM.

#37 der baer fm

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 25 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Europe

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

Is there a feed for this podcast? Tried to find it on Instagram.

#38 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

This was the first episode, and it was a live cast on twitch.tv. Runz is going to upload it, and then there will be a feed for it.

#39 Hylius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 265 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:22 PM

Very much enjoyed it, thanks again for having us. Can't wait to see ones from the other teams.

#40 Protection

• 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

Thanks for letting us drop by.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users