For Those of us from Xbox Mech Assault 2 Lone Wolf

26 replies to this topic

#1 Brazo Izquierdo de Muerte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:21 PM

Just wanted to see if there is any one here that used to play Mech Assault 2 that will be playing here now. Be good to link up with old freinds again after all these years. So tell us your xbox gamer tag and let us know who you are now.

As for my self i was Ravyn21 and my Clan was the Phsycadelic Knights.

so who were you?

#2 The Cheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

Bracing for anti-MA sentiment.

#3 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

Players / fans from the MA series are more than welcome here. MechAssault is just an arcade spinoff of MechWarrior, which even then is just the real time action/simulator spinoff of Battletech. You're like the grandchild (fanhood) of the old TT hardcores, but instead of "Back in my day, we had to walk up hill both ways in the snow..." you guys get "Back in my day, we had to wait 10 seconds (1 turn) before we could attack the enemy, and even then we used a 6d!".

Glad to be in the middle as an "oldschool" MechWarrior fan.

...lulz

#4 Ghost

Com Guard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

Moving this to Off Topic.

#5 Der Kommissar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

As much as I despised MechAssault personally, I've got no problem with their players on MWO.

I won't be surprised to see plenty of anti-MA sentiment, though. Considering it ran roughshod over Mechwarrior (even more than Mech4 did) and coincided with the PokeMech Dark Age fiasco that alienated so many Battletech customers.

#6 Nexus Trimean

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCockpit of my Catapult!

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

I played MA:2 but never online (too poor to buy a live subscription), it was an enjoyable game if you take it for what it is, and ignore the canon rape. :angry:

I dont believe in infinite ammo, i don't believe in no heat, I have spent much time on sarna learning about Battletech, trying to plug the holes in my own personal knowledge, and the correct lore.

Edited by Nexus Trimean, 10 April 2012 - 10:21 PM.

#7 Brazo Izquierdo de Muerte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:08 PM

Well as far as i go i came from very old school background for Mechwarrior and i loved all the mech games (except MW4 ugh) cause any mech game was better than no mech game but my love for MA was because it was online and i met a ton of ppl that i had a great time with. i will agree very much with every one that alot could have been different in it but i was there for the ppl and the online play of it. and yes i cringed when i saw the stuff that they did to it like the ragnarok and the lava cannon and the whole sheilds that protect you from engergy weps or ballistics.

and most of us would have loved and despertaly wanted to customize our mechs and the load outs. but we took what we can get. this thread was just to catch up with old freinds and talk about our dream finally coming true as far as a true mechwarrior game.

Now to try to stop any anti MA sentiment or any pro MA sentiment. i dont care if you loved it or hated it this thred IS JUST to find old freinds.
if you have other thoughts on it other than that keep them to your self or start a new thread.

thanks all and happy meching

#8 pursang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:21 AM

View PostLordDeathStrike, on 10 April 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

A rude comment that has since been removed.

How's that elitism working out for ya?

I thought this strip was apropos given your post:

Posted Image

ENJOI!

Edited by Ghost, 11 April 2012 - 07:58 AM.

#9 rollermint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 418 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:22 AM

I think the hatred towards MA series is that for a lot of people, Mech Assault basically killed off the Mechwarrior Sims. Dunno if true or not but you can't blame people for feeling like that. Its Microsoft we are talking about and its all about the money. If they can make more money by making a famous IP for casuals and ******* on its existing fans, they will do it with a smile. Unfortunately, that animosity often times transfer over to the MA fans as well.

I've no problems with MA players as long as they accept the fact that this is Mechwarrior and show appreciation for its lore, traditions and fanbase, this is not Mech Assault. If not, Reign of Thunder is that way. Their forums could use some more activity by your participation.

Edited by rollermint, 11 April 2012 - 02:24 AM.

#10 LordDeathStrike

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationBanished from nearly every world of the Inner Sphere on suspicions of being an assassin.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:32 AM

View Postrollermint, on 11 April 2012 - 02:22 AM, said:

I think the hatred towards MA series is that for a lot of people, Mech Assault basically killed off the Mechwarrior Sims. Dunno if true or not but you can't blame people for feeling like that. Its Microsoft we are talking about and its all about the money. If they can make more money by making a famous IP for casuals and ******* on its existing fans, they will do it with a smile. Unfortunately, that animosity often times transfer over to the MA fans as well.

I've no problems with MA players as long as they accept the fact that this is Mechwarrior and show appreciation for its lore, traditions and fanbase, this is not Mech Assault. If not, Reign of Thunder is that way. Their forums could use some more activity by your participation.

there in lies the problem, theyll flood into mwo expecting mech assault 3, and then complain when its a sim instead of an arcade. im not a pescimist becuase its convenient or fun, but because thats the reality of existence!

ps, **** mac elitists, my computer cost 1/3rd as much and has 2x the power of the best mac on the planet, nyanyanyanya nya nya.

Edited by Ghost, 11 April 2012 - 07:58 AM.

#11 pursang

• 1,877 posts
  • LocationSurrey BC, Canada

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:34 AM

View PostLordDeathStrike, on 11 April 2012 - 02:32 AM, said:

there in lies the problem, theyll flood into mwo expecting mech assault 3, and then complain when its a sim instead of an arcade. im not a pescimist becuase its convenient or fun, but because thats the reality of existence!

ps, **** mac elitists, my computer cost 1/3rd as much and has 2x the power of the best mac on the planet, nyanyanyanya nya nya.

Who does exactly? Can you name names, aside from the ones inhabiting your head? :D

#12 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:58 AM

View Postpursang, on 11 April 2012 - 02:34 AM, said:

Who does exactly? Can you name names, aside from the ones inhabiting your head? :D

I support friendlier approach to MA fans, but I have to remind you of that 13-year old claiming he knows more about gaming than we do and making threads about MA, just to make us mad. :P

#13 Moncai Icaza

• PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:14 AM

Welcome to you and all other MA fans i played all the MA games and enjoyed the arcade play as something different that i could jump in and play rather than spend time tweeking loadout and playing on the bus for the DS version.

People that are MA haters yes the volcano cannon was silly yes there was no heat but it and DA helped keep the background alive so that PGI could take this risk and introduced people like the op to the world that we can now show REAL mechwarrior

#14 LordDeathStrike

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,456 posts
  • LocationBanished from nearly every world of the Inner Sphere on suspicions of being an assassin.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:27 AM

View PostMoncai Icaza, on 11 April 2012 - 03:14 AM, said:

Welcome to you and all other MA fans i played all the MA games and enjoyed the arcade play as something different that i could jump in and play rather than spend time tweeking loadout and playing on the bus for the DS version.

People that are MA haters yes the volcano cannon was silly yes there was no heat but it and DA helped keep the background alive so that PGI could take this risk and introduced people like the op to the world that we can now show REAL mechwarrior

MA didnt keep anything alive, it nearly fatally wounded the franchise. hence its been over 10 years since we have had a decent mechwarrior game, because MA was the ******* son of ***** and a goat fornicating at M$ headquarters.

#15 The Destinator

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:35 AM

The Ragnarok itself was a pretty ridiculous concept. I mean a WoB atlas with a lava cannon and shields?! You bet your *** that was terrifying to go up against when I was younger(And oh so sweet to pilot)...

And dude, cut the ****. I found out about Battletech through MechAssault. And you know I never did like the lack of customization in MA. Imagine my surprise when I found out what the series was actually like. And those games probably introduced a slew of new fans, like me, who are spending the time on sarna trying to read up on canon to appease you elitists.

Edited by The Destinator, 11 April 2012 - 03:39 AM.

#16 Brazo Izquierdo de Muerte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:38 AM

acutally to think that we expect mech assualt 3 is nuts.(i was a MW fan way before MA) infact the vast majority of us that play ma2 hated the play style and the cannon rape that the game was. so no i dont expect it. i dont want it. my first mech game was mech warrior 2 thats what i want in a game that and some elements of mech warrior 3. but like i said for most of us MA2 was about the people. what drew me to MA WAS MW, i was hungery for any thing with mechs( hell MW got me into armored core) and do you know why? because i fell in love with MW i played every game trying to find some thing close to it, like zone of the enders, robotech , exteel, and a bunch of others.

Playing MA however introduced me to a whole new group of ppl that loved mech warrior as much as i did that alone was what made MA great in my eyes. and keep in mind that at this time there pretty much were no new mech warrior games out.

Not to mention that a ton of us went out and bought steel battalion when that came out, now tell me how much of a arcade that game was. and you say we will flood expecting MA 3 well i know a ton of ppl that went to chrome hounds expecting MW.

My point is this if your here on this site unless your some sort of super tard then you know what MW is and you know what it is about and your here cause you want to be here . and if you have had some bad exp with MA ppl hey thats ok i get it but dont take it out on the rest of us.

#17 Garuss Acine

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:49 AM

I played both MA and MA2:LW, enjoyed the game for what it was, a fast paced 3rd Person Shooter. It was no MW, and clearly had no concept of Classic Battletech, and barely cared about the setting/lore.which annoyed me, but having played MW4 for so long at that point, it was refreshing, to just grab a mech and jump into a game, customization be damned. hopefully MWO will give me my customation fix that MW4 could never do.

Back in MA I was Viktor Death, due to losing the credit card numbers, I switched over to Phinx Death (yeah an error is typing, always a bad idea to create a tag when sleepy, and I am not paying money to fix it). never had a Clan back on MA or MA2, but I made some good friends back in those days.

#18 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:50 AM

Come now people, let's be nice.

#19 Brazo Izquierdo de Muerte

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 107 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:58 AM

View PostGaruss Acine, on 11 April 2012 - 03:49 AM, said:

I played both MA and MA2:LW, enjoyed the game for what it was, a fast paced 3rd Person Shooter. It was no MW, and clearly had no concept of Classic Battletech, and barely cared about the setting/lore.which annoyed me, but having played MW4 for so long at that point, it was refreshing, to just grab a mech and jump into a game, customization be damned. hopefully MWO will give me my customation fix that MW4 could never do.

Back in MA I was Viktor Death, due to losing the credit card numbers, I switched over to Phinx Death (yeah an error is typing, always a bad idea to create a tag when sleepy, and I am not paying money to fix it). never had a Clan back on MA or MA2, but I made some good friends back in those days.

Thanks for reading the thread Garuss and posting your name lol looks like your the only one so far to see what the thread was really about thanks bro good to have you here

#20 Marowi

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:22 AM

To be honest, I didn't mind MA or MA2 terribly much--and that's coming from someone who became a fan of the franchise in the mid-1990s. Sure, there was no customization, and the weapon mechanics were laughable, but this was an arcade game. The action was fast-paced, fun, and easily accessible--you could literally just pick it up and start shooting. And, hey, involved tons of BattleMechs that we knew and loved. Everyone's complaining about the "canon rape" but, to be fair, it's no worse than, well, everything else that was done to BattleTech around the same time. I mean, remember the LoggerMechs? Haha, oh man...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users